Zambrano Article

JustinTCB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow, nice to see the Sun-Times get all of Hendry's talking points in order for him.

Blame Zambrano, check
Cite the amount of one run losses, check
Dismiss the last two months of the season because Lilly wasn't here, check
Ignoring the fact that Marlon Byrd will never have another 5 WAR season, check
Only thing missing is lumping most of the blame on Lou.

I actually agree with the premise of the article though, even if it is insanely optimistic regarding the outcome of a Zambrano deal. More than likely the Cubs will still be on the hook for all that money, plus no player of value is coming in return.

So basically the Cubs will have to find money for Adam Dunn AND pay Zambrano. Plus, you know, get a bunch of other good players.

It's (not) Gonna Happen.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
Could we see a Zambrano, Soriano/Beltran Perez trade? The money is about even, but the Cubs win in that. Maybe a change of scenery can help all players. I wouldn't care if that trade happen or not.

But, It won't.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Could we see a Zambrano, Soriano/Beltran Perez trade? The money is about even, but the Cubs win in that. Maybe a change of scenery can help all players. I wouldn't care if that trade happen or not.

But, It won't.

How it the money even close to being even? Soriano still has like 80 million and Z has like 50. Beltran and Perez will be in the last year of their deals.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

But, It won't.

:rolleyes:

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
How it the money even close to being even? Soriano still has like 80 million and Z has like 50. Beltran and Perez will be in the last year of their deals.

I meant Beltran, Perez and Castilla for Z. They money washes up and the Cubs payroll will go down way before Z's contract finishes up. MLBTR had this.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I meant Beltran, Perez and Castilla for Z. They money washes up and the Cubs payroll will go down way before Z's contract finishes up. MLBTR had this.

I wouldn't do it. Too much shit in return for a player who still has a lot of value.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Does he insist on closing or not (K-Rod)?