“Come Get Me!” - Carson Palmer Begged the Bears to Trade Up Prior to ‘03 Draft | The Rich Eisen Show

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Your reading comprehension skills are quite honestly hilarious.

They're actually quite high.

When I see jay's name come up in the context of having been "a good/ best Qb" for the Bears, I get a little triggered. So all I was saying is jay is a zero IMO. As for Trubisky, at least he left here with a winning record.

It's just stats.
Cutler shouldn't have been given the long expensive contract, he didn't prove that value with anyone on the Bears. Trubisky wasn't affordable to keep because of his draft position vs his production. But they both have been the closest the Bears have come. (Mainly because the Bears rarely try to get a QB.)

We don't need to stick with the Henry Burrises of the world because the one they're looking at isn't Peyton Manning.
Looked at the dates, it would've been replacing Cutler with Palmer. Now what say you? LOL

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
They're actually quite high.

It's just stats.
Cutler shouldn't have been given the long expensive contract, he didn't prove that value with anyone on the Bears. Trubisky wasn't affordable to keep because of his draft position vs his production. But they both have been the closest the Bears have come. (Mainly because the Bears rarely try to get a QB.)

We don't need to stick with the Henry Burrises of the world because the one they're looking at isn't Peyton Manning.
Looked at the dates, it would've been replacing Cutler with Palmer. Now what say you? LOL
Disagree 100% that Jay or Mitch is "the closet" we have been.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
When I see jay's name come up in the context of having been "a good/ best Qb" for the Bears, I get a little triggered. So all I was saying is jay is a zero IMO. As for Trubisky, at least he left here with a winning record.

It's just stats.

Right...we've already discussed the relevance and or irrelevance of Qb stats vs the other attributes I mentioned earlier.

Right...we had no business re-signing jay.

But they both have been the closest the Bears have come. (Mainly because the Bears rarely try to get a QB.)

Not sure what u mean here. We drafted Mitch. We got jay in a ill-advised trade. jay came close to zero for the Bears

We don't need to stick with the Henry Burrises of the world because the one they're looking at isn't Peyton Manning. Looked at the dates, it would've been replacing Cutler with Palmer. Now what say you? LOL

Burris was ill-prepared by a incompetent Dick Jarron staff. So that example doesn't fit the discussion. As for for your question on Palmer, I gave my thoughts on him here in post>>>#22

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Not sure what u mean here. We drafted Mitch. We got jay in a ill-advised trade. jay came close to zero for the Bears

The problem is McMahon, Harbaugh, Cutler and Trubisky are the only real attempts that have been made. There may be one more, I'm not sure I was including Cutler as a high first before and I thought there were 4.

I like Orton, but Cutler was the risk with more benefits (besides the Bears were never going to give Orton a shot for some reason). Had they kept Orton that probably would've got them to move on trying to get a QB in the draft faster LOL

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The problem is McMahon, Harbaugh, Cutler and Trubisky are the only real attempts that have been made. There may be one more, I'm not sure I was including Cutler as a high first before and I thought there were 4.

I like Orton, but Cutler was the risk with more benefits (besides the Bears were never going to give Orton a shot for some reason). Had they kept Orton that probably would've got them to move on trying to get a QB in the draft faster LOL

Trubisky29-21-0 Bears
Orton21-12 Bears
McMahon 46-15 Bears
Jim Harbaugh 35-30 Bears

Cutler 51-51-0 Bears ?
Total (74-79-0) ?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Trubisky29-21-0 Bears
Orton21-12 Bears
McMahon 46-15 Bears
Jim Harbaugh 35-30 Bears

Cutler 51-51-0 Bears ?
Total (74-79-0) ?

What are those numbers?

EDIT: Found them. Worthless PFR stats that only serve to prove how worthless it is to judge single players on W/L in a team game. That is not how you judge a player's ability. That is how you judge a team and why I say this problem is with the organization and it is higher up than coaches and GMs.

McMahon's biggest and possibly only knock was how many games he missed. Make him even better by including games he didn't start and bailed out to be wins. Drafted in 82. 4 years until 86. CCS would've been calling for his head long before 86 happened. And Payton too (in fact some fans were).

We will never have a Peyton Manning because the organization won't build an offense around him and the fans won't wait for it. Fans and the organization will demand a defense at the cost of an offense and no rookie QB is going to survive like that.
The only way we could get a Manning is after his career is done and they're not coming here because Bears have a reputation for setting their QBs up to lose and then blaming the QB.

Last edited:

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What are those numbers?
W-L record. Kind of deceptive because McMahon was with a top notch O-line, a HOF top 5 player at RB, Good WRs, and defense full of HOFs and All-Pros. Run and shoot should put Tomzcak's and Fuller's W-L records when they started for the Bears during that era. It skews what a good QB is.

McMahon never put in the off season work like Brady to keep his body in shape to stay on the field. The shoulder injury wasn't his fault, but he never played a full 16 games season with the Bears.

Reactions: Myk

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
What are those numbers?

EDIT: Found them. Worthless PFR stats that only serve to prove how worthless it is to judge single players on W/L in a team game. That is not how you judge a player's ability. That is how you judge a team and why I say this problem is with the organization and it is higher up than coaches and GMs.

McMahon's biggest and possibly only knock was how many games he missed. Make him even better by including games he didn't start and bailed out to be wins. Drafted in 82. 4 years until 86. CCS would've been calling for his head long before 86 happened. And Payton too (in fact some fans were).

We will never have a Peyton Manning because the organization won't build an offense around him and the fans won't wait for it. Fans and the organization will demand a defense at the cost of an offense and no rookie QB is going to survive like that.
The only way we could get a Manning is after his career is done and they're not coming here because Bears have a reputation for setting their QBs up to lose and then blaming the QB.

Here's how this discussion got started in post >>>>#21

W-L record. Kind of deceptive because McMahon was with a top notch O-line, a HOF top 5 player at RB, Good WRs, and defense full of HOFs and All-Pros. Run and shoot should put Tomzcak's and Fuller's W-L records when they started for the Bears during that era. It skews what a good QB is.

McMahon never put in the off season work like Brady to keep his body in shape to stay on the field. The shoulder injury wasn't his fault, but he never played a full 16 games season with the Bears.

Here's how this discussion got started in post >>>>#21

So guys....my bottom line is jay was mediocre to avg at best. He should not be in a discussion about "best Bear Qb" ( see post #21 above).
I see nothing he did for the Bears. I do believe he leads all Bear Qb's when it comes to excuses being made for why he didn't perform at a high level.

Side note: Tomzcak's ( playoffs 3-2 overall 21-10-0) and Fuller's (6-5-0) left the Bears with winning W-L records

Last edited:

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

McMahon was drafted beat up and I'm sure the NFL back then didn't help (nor did the head butting).

So guys....my bottom line is jay was mediocre to avg at best. He should not be in a discussion about "best Bear Qb" ( see post #21 above).
I see nothing he did for the Bears. I do believe he leads all Bear Qb's when it comes to excuses being made for why he didn't perform at a high level.

Side note: Tomzcak's ( playoffs 3-2 overall 21-10-0) and Fuller's (6-5-0) left the Bears with winning W-L records

You may as well pin the W/L on Mack and AR.

It's sad that Cutler and then Trubisky were the most productive QBs the Bears have had. It also says if the Bears had done anything to help them the W/L record should've been better because we've had better W/L with worse.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
McMahon was drafted beat up and I'm sure the NFL back then didn't help (nor did the head butting).

You may as well pin the W/L on Mack and AR.

It's sad that Cutler and then Trubisky were the most productive QBs the Bears have had. It also says if the Bears had done anything to help them the W/L record should've been better because we've had better W/L with worse.

Dude please....let it go. jay was hot garbage. Now we have JUSTIN FIELDS:D REJOICE

• Haha
Reactions: Myk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Dude please....let it go. jay was hot garbage. Now we have JUSTIN FIELDS:D REJOICE

If W/L is your criteria you're going to be calling Fields hot garbage soon too.

Bump this in 3 years if you want, but I predict Fields gets better stats than Trubisky making him the next best Bears QB and Bears don't get the tools on offense to protect him or to win and once again fans will be blaming the QB and eventually the lack of protection will make getting rid of Fields the right thing to do just like it was for Cutler and Trubisky.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If W/L is your criteria you're going to be calling Fields hot garbage soon too.

Bump this in 3 years if you want, but I predict Fields gets better stats than Trubisky making him the next best Bears QB and Bears don't get the tools on offense to protect him or to win and once again fans will be blaming the QB and eventually the lack of protection will make getting rid of Fields the right thing to do just like it was for Cutler and Trubisky.

Can we please stop talking about jay ( he was a loser, he wasn't a leader, he wasn't smart with the football). Heck in 4yrs Mitch was better . We're home growing are own Qb. Lets be happy. Let jay go. All things considered we may have gotten the best Qb since McMahon

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I remember during the late 80s. There were rumors that te Bears wanted to trade for Dan Marino but Dolphins said no. Fucking Shula didn’t want Marino to win a SB for the Bears.

Marino would’ve won at least 3 more SBs for the Bears in the 80s.

Right now I really feel that Fields is a franchise QB. Finally I get to feel how SF did w/Montana, NE w/Brady, and Dallas w/ Aikman. A Franchise QB that will win the Bears multiple SBs.

I think I celebrated too much. Drank too much orange and blue Kool aid.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I remember during the late 80s. There were rumors that te Bears wanted to trade for Dan Marino but Dolphins said no. Fucking Shula didn’t want Marino to win a SB for the Bears.

Marino would’ve won at least 3 more SBs for the Bears in the 80s.

Right now I really feel that Fields is a franchise QB. Finally I get to feel how SF did w/Montana, NE w/Brady, and Dallas w/ Aikman. A Franchise QB that will win the Bears multiple SBs.

I think I celebrated too much. Drank too much orange and blue Kool aid.

If the Bears make moves to fix the oline now and get some WRs I'll believe. Fields seems to have the mobility of Trubisky with the ability to hit WRs in stride. Trubbles was close many times. It could work. And at least this QB has a bit more college experience to judge by.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Carson Palmer= SB 2007 champs. Instead of losing SB.
Can you imagine? As much as I loved watching the 85 Bears more (than 35 friggin' years ago), I'm pretty friggin' tired of having them being the last Bears team to win a championship.