⚽️⚽️⚽️OFFICAIL⚽️⚽️⚽️ 2022 FIFA World Cup of FOOTBALL Thread: ARGENTINA vs FRANCE (FINALS) - 12/18 @ 9:00AM CT [FTO]

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Correct. Looking at the bracket on my phone
Well I was kinda hoping for Argentina vs Portugal just because I thought having Messi vs Ronaldo in a WCF would have been awesome at the twilight of their careers. But I don't even know if Ronaldo would play now that he's pretty much bitched his way out of Portugal after bitching his way out of Utd ?

Failing that, England vs Argentina is a rivalry with some history.

But what do I think it will be? Probably Brazil vs France.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Brazil vs France is a rivalry as well as Brazil is still upset over France winning the 98 world cup on home soil after the real Ronaldo had a mysterious illness and Brazil came out flat losing 3-0 to France in the Final.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well I was kinda hoping for Argentina vs Portugal just because I thought having Messi vs Ronaldo in a WCF would have been awesome at the twilight of their careers. But I don't even know if Ronaldo would play now that he's pretty much bitched his way out of Portugal after bitching his way out of Utd ?

Failing that, England vs Argentina is a rivalry with some history.

But what do I think it will be? Probably Brazil vs France.
A rematch of the 2006 quarters & 98 Finals. Brazil has looked amazing as usual but Mbappe has probably been the most dominant player in the tourney. England is no slouch though. I’m really looking forward to these matchups.

And yes, Ronaldo has turned into Aaron Rodgers level of bitch

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Brazil vs France is a rivalry as well as Brazil is still upset over France winning the 98 world cup on home soil after the real Ronaldo had a mysterious illness and Brazil came out flat losing 3-0 to France in the Final.
Don’t forget the 1-0 victory in 2006. I think Henri had the GW goal on a set piece

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A rematch of the 2006 quarters & 98 Finals. Brazil has looked amazing as usual but Mbappe has probably been the most dominant player in the tourney. England is no slouch though. I’m really looking forward to these matchups.

And yes, Ronaldo has turned into Aaron Rodgers level of bitch

Fake Ronaldo has always been a bitch. His greatness just made up for it in the past but now that he is merely good or adequate it is not worth putting up with.
Don’t forget the 1-0 victory in 2006. I think Henri had the GW goal on a set piece
Yeah it was Henry. I don't think that one stung as much coming off of the 2002 Final win. 98 was a huge shock and upset as Brazil looked to be head and shoulders above everyone else and just fell apart in that final. All sorts of conspiracies sprang up as to why Ronaldo had convulsions and whether he should play and it split the team.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What a game? Brazil scores at end of the 1st extra time on one of goals of tournament. Crotia equalizes towards end of 2nd extra time. Penalties which probably favors Crotia.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
France is now licking their chops with Brazil falling

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
France is now licking their chops with Brazil falling

Would not say that. Croatia were runners up to France last time. They are a tough beat for anyone.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Would not say that. Croatia were runners up to France last time. They are a tough beat for anyone.
Not seeing your point?

I’m saying France is excited that Brazil is out because France is likely now the favorites to win it all

Brazil was by far and away the favorite before this loss

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not seeing your point?

I’m saying France is excited that Brazil is out because France is likely now the favorites to win it all

Brazil was by far and away the favorite before this loss

Yes and I am saying favorites exist on paper. In real life Croatia are defending runners up so if France underestimates them they will end up like Brazil.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yes and I am saying favorites exist on paper. In real life Croatia are defending runners up so if France underestimates them they will end up like Brazil.
Cool, keep arguing against something I never said

Not saying anyone should take Croatia lightly. All I said was Brazil was the favorite and they lost, and it makes France the new favorite which should excite France

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cool, keep arguing against something I never said

Not saying anyone should take Croatia lightly. All I said was Brazil was the favorite and they lost, and it makes France the new favorite which should excite France

Why would that excite them though as it has nothing to do with their ability to beat England or Croatia?

It may make fans excited but it is meaningless to the actual team as Soccer is such an unforgiving game. If you want to win dont think you can think like that. There is really not benefit to being perceived favorites and frankly more pressure. See Brazil as an example.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Why would that excite them though as it has nothing to do with their ability to beat England or Croatia?

It may make fans excited but it is meaningless to the actual team as Soccer is such an unforgiving game. If you want to win dont think you can think like that.
Ummm it would excite them that the best team just got knocked out. Pretty simple

I guess you don’t seem to think players are aware of who the best teams are and who has been knocked out

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ummm it would excite them that the best team just got knocked out. Pretty simple

But they arent the best team as Croatia just proved. The games are not played on paper but real life. In real life Croatia has had more actual success in the WC recently than Brazil.

Not trying to be difficult but soccer is just a different game. Brazil is talented but their issue has always been mental toughness and ability to play as a unit. Croatia is battle tested and arguably a better organized team. Brazil has more individual talent but dont think they are a cohesive unit.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What a game? Brazil scores at end of the 1st extra time on one of goals of tournament. Crotia equalizes towards end of 2nd extra time. Penalties which probably favors Crotia.
Yeah. That was a terrific game and comeback by Croatia. I was hoping that they'd get to shootouts because they have a stud keeper and is terrific on PKs. When Brazil scored in OT I thought it was over but Croatia didn't give up. Party is on in Zagreb!!! Nos Drovia!!!!