10/09: NLDS Game 1: Chicago Cubs at St. Louis Cardinals 5:30PM Lester vs. Lackey

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
The ump did suck, but the Cubs players needed to adjust. He was calling those pitches all night and they were still acting shocked. Todays a new day. Need to come out and play ball. Don't worry about last night. Nothing you can do about it now.

I agree. I don't believe games are won or lost based on the umps strikezone. The Cubs lost because they couldn't hit. The fans should be far more upset with Bryant and Rizzo than a bad ump.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree. I don't believe games are won or lost based on the umps strikezone. The Cubs lost because they couldn't hit. The fans should be far more upset with Bryant and Rizzo than a bad ump.

I'm not upset with anyone. What we're getting this year is gravy. The Cubs are at least a year ahead of schedule. How many teams in baseball history have started anywhere from 3 to 5 rookies every game and still win 97 games plus a play-in game. I'm no historian but my guess would none. Jed & Theo have built a strong core of young players with the potential to be young stars...what they've already done this year is remarkable. Far better than anyone could've hoped for in the pre-season.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not upset with anyone. What we're getting this year is gravy. The Cubs are at least a year ahead of schedule. How many teams in baseball history have started anywhere from 3 to 5 rookies every game and still win 97 games plus a play-in game. I'm no historian but my guess would none. Jed & Theo have built a strong core of young players with the potential to be young stars...what they've already done this year is remarkable. Far better than anyone could've hoped for in the pre-season.
This is a very rational statement. But on a purely emotional level I still would like to see the Cubs humiliate the Cards and go at least to the NLCS. Call me spoiled and impatient and I won't argue. The high from the latest Blackhawks championship has not even worn off yet (although the offseason issues didn't help). But this is the Cubs! My dad was a die hard fan who didn't live to see them win it all. Now that they are flashing true potential I jsut have trouble maintaining perspective.

Plus, fuck the Cardinals. Fuck them right in the ear.:)

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is a very rational statement. But on a purely emotional level I still would like to see the Cubs humiliate the Cards and go at least to the NLCS. Call me spoiled and impatient and I won't argue. The high from the latest Blackhawks championship has not even worn off yet (although the offseason issues didn't help). But this is the Cubs! My dad was a die hard fan who didn't live to see them win it all. Now that they are flashing true potential I jsut have trouble maintaining perspective.

Plus, fuck the Cardinals. Fuck them right in the ear.:)

LOL. It's been 100 plus years....you won't find many Cub fans that would knock you for that.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons

Fair enough. I give you credit for that attitude. But expectations are always evolving and the expectations changed months ago for this team. You can't assume the cubs will back in the playoffs next year and exceeding preseason predictions shouldn't satisfy anyone besides those happy to merely make it to the playoffs.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rizzo and Bryant need to get their heads out of their asses!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Fair enough. I give you credit for that attitude. But expectations are always evolving and the expectations changed months ago for this team. You can't assume the cubs will back in the playoffs next year and exceeding preseason predictions shouldn't satisfy anyone besides those happy to merely make it to the playoffs.
Which is why they need to go out and upgrade at SP and add a veteran bat to the mix...

I believe their going to add a vet bat to a corner OF spot or 3B, depending on where the want Bryant to play everyday.

I think baez or castro and soler will be traded..

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
SOLER!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Game 1 was last night, gentlemen. Post in Game 2 games thread.