*If Necessary

Pitching Matchup
i

Kyle Hendricks
i

Jaime Garcia

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Really happy to be watching the Cubs in the postseason.

I hope the strike zone is the same for both teams this game.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
We NEED to win this game... win this and we have a great chance to go up 2-1 with Arrieta on the hill... or Arrieta merely has to try to keep us alive.

Most important non-clinching game of the series now.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Game 1 was the one we needed to win. This one is just an accepted loss.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What's more worrisome is the ineffective Rizzo and Bryant right now, swinging at bad pitches and double plays.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Our offense needs to wake up or we're getting swept. Pretty shitty game tonight. Makes me not very excited we are even here anymore.

But hey, we can always be the 2004 Red Sox....

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Goats, Bartmans and now in 2015, we have the Colbert Curse. Thanks mang.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Last night can summed up in one word "frustration". With the way Lackey had been pitching of late this one made me nervous before a pitch was thrown. Sometimes I hate being right. I've noticed that when this team is pressing at the plate in a game they'll often need one mistake by the pitcher to capitalize on to get them untracked. That mistake wasn't coming. Yes, the strike zone blew but it was one heck of a pitcher's duel until the 8th. These young Cubs had chances but not the kind of chances that get them going. The team had won 9 straight including an emotional 1 game playoff against Pittsburgh. None of us should really be surprised that they came out tight with the stands packed with the Cardinals' red clad, reptilian throngs. (I hate those people btw)

So many of you are seemingly resigned to going home assuming that today's game will be a loss. I assume nothing in playoff baseball. Have the results over the last two days in the other series gone according to plan? Look anyone that thought this was going to be easy and a sweep was coming on the side of the good guys was living in a fantasy. I've always thought they would split these first two and although last night would have made things easier it was not to be. They can win today folks. Hendricks has pitched well lately, the sphincters could very well be less tight today. If they aren't going to hit they aren't going to win but how many times have we seen that switch flipped this season? I'm not over the top optimistic nor am I jumping off of buildings. I'm not ready to make excuses for a young team nor have I lost sight of the fact that there has never been a team with 3 full time rookie starters in the playoffs before. I'm not going to say "relax, they've got this" nor am I putting an L up on the board before a pitch is thrown. We'll all be in front of that TV again tonight watching the game and no, it ain't over yet. Hell, the fat lady isn't even allowed in the ballpark until Monday at the earliest.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Lackey has always had the Cubs number. Nothing new. This game is the pivot game. Garcia should create a stacked RH line up. I'm expecting Baez at 3B and Bryant in LF.

Think we take this one with Arrieta on the mound at 1-1.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
People need to get over themselves. Its baseball. Baseball players have short term memories for a reason.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Lackey has always had the Cubs number. Nothing new. This game is the pivot game. Garcia should create a stacked RH line up. I'm expecting Baez at 3B and Bryant in LF.

Think we take this one with Arrieta on the mound at 1-1.

I'm hoping to see Soler and Baez in the line up, with Starlin getting a day off.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I'm hoping to see Soler and Baez in the line up, with Starlin getting a day off.

why would starlin get the day off against a lefty??? doesn't make sense at all