10/10: NLDS Game 2: Chicago Cubs (0) at (1) St. Louis Cardinals 4:37PM

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
People are still here? I thought the series was over after 1 game. Hmmm

Oh and Kris Bryant has been substantially better at home than on the road all year. He has been almost twice the player at the plate OPS wise at home.

Seems you and I agree on something. The 1st game was nothing but a young team being inexperienced at winning in the post season.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
People are still here? I thought the series was over after 1 game. Hmmm

Oh and Kris Bryant has been substantially better at home than on the road all year. He has been almost twice the player at the plate OPS wise at home.

Agreed. In fact most young hitters are for whatever reason.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Almost force Lester to go on short rest game 4 to keep him from matching up vs Lakey. They win you want to put your #2 in to close it. If they lose you need Lester to keep alive.

Lackey is the issue. Not Wacha. He sucks. The only other guy that gave the Cubs issues is on the DL. So if they win game 3 you want to push Lester out to gain the advantage vs putting a risky starter up vs a calaber team.

Hendricks was going strong also but they started to get to him and he got yanked before it got real. There is no way that anyone would convince me that Hammel would fair any better.

So in reality getting Lester in for 4-5 makes perfect sense. If it forces them to start Lackey early that is fine also. He might be vulnerable then.

not happening dude, give it up....lester will pitch game 5 if necessary, they wont be having him pitch game 4 on 3 days rest

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I never posted that, bozo.... nice edit.

I don't edit others' posts.

I simply repeated exactly what you said, and now you're denying it and calling names.

You sound like a couple candidates currently running.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Wow, did you guys see the Mets get robbed? Utley should not have been safe, even after replay. That was a dirty fucking slide too, he was practically past second and made no effort to tag second. Terrible, terrible call.

I can not understand how a) that play is allowed B) how it is not an automatic out at first and c) how Utley isn't disciplined. Baseball rules need overhaul. There is no way that is a baseball play, and I don't need some idiot like Pete Rose to get on the air talking "old school: BS like he did the other day.

Utley did not slide. He ran past 2nd and made contact with Tejada's legs before he ever hit the dirt. That's not a slide. Very very dirty.

Very "Yadi-like".

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I don't edit others' posts.

I simply repeated exactly what you said, and now you're denying it and calling names.

You sound like a couple candidates currently running.
Pay no attention to that Grimson bozo. He's a troll.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Game 1 was a tough loss.

Offense needs to wake up. Yesterday was a good performance at the plate, but most of the runs were unearned, and can't count on that

I think Rizzo and Bryant get their bats going tomorrow in Game 3.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Game 1 was a tough loss.

Offense needs to wake up. Yesterday was a good performance at the plate, but most of the runs were unearned, and can't count on that

I think Rizzo and Bryant get their bats going tomorrow in Game 3.

I think you have to give some credit to Maddon and the Cubs for forcing the issue. We all knew, well some of us, knew that you would need to play some 'small ball' against good pitching in the playoffs to win.

Well, the Cubs did just that, and small ball puts pressure on the defense. Imo, it was Beautiful to see the young Cubs team put some pressure on the Cards and watch them make some mistakes. That's what good teams do.

The Cubs have a lot of bats, it can be a different one or two each game. Having Rizzo and Bryant 'due' to me is a good sign to me.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Montero sure does swing and misses a bit much lately.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Derp