10% of the way into the season......

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
2005 World Series title.

Cubs fans hang their hats on 2004 World Series title (Boston).

That has nothing to do with todays team. lol Do Bears fan hang there hat on a 1985 championship?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Neither does Kris Bryant in AA ball.

He isnt a part of the Cubs organization? He isnt a top 10 prospect in baseball and the Cubs second best prospect? He will be part of the major league team in a year tops barring injury.

Yet again, you dont care about the minors. Perfectly fine, but stop acting like he is a scrub that holds no value to the organization. Its just dumb.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you get excited when teams like the Bears and Bulls acquire draft picks? Does that make you more excited about today's team?

Your logic in this thread is off the charts.

When I turn on the Cubs game, I don't see Kris Bryant on my TV screen. Reminds me of Rudy's brother, when Rudy claims that he's on Notre Dame..."When I watch the Notre Dame game, I see all of their players....I just don't see you."

Its because you dont understand a whole organization and only understand what your brain remembers from 3 minutes ago. I wouldnt talk about other peoples logic.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chiefs won a Super Bowl in 1969...far to recent to be a Cubs analogy. Chiefs also weren't the worst team in the NFL . Keep trying!

You just compared a top 10 to top 15 prospect in baseball for a major league team to Rudy's brother. :lmao:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
No I didn't. If anything, I compared Bryant to Rudy. But I was really comparing my perception of Bryant to Rudy's brother's perception of Rudy.

Your brain is a festering turd. Keep trying.

Is Bryant not a top 15 prospect? Do you even know who you are talking about anymore?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
What do the White Sox hang there hat on? It sure isn't the major league team and your prospects are (awful).

Our prospects for the most part are up with the Big League club the last three to five years. Isn't that the definition of successful prospects?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Chiefs won a Super Bowl in 1969...far to recent to be a Cubs analogy. Chiefs also weren't the worst team in the NFL . Keep trying!
The Chiefs haven't been to a Super Bowl in 45 years. The AFC was also fairly young, so the Chiefs won early in their existence and haven't been very competitive since. It's one of the few analogies available with a different professional American sport, imho.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Our prospects for the most part are up with the Big League club the last three to five years. Isn't that the definition of successful prospects?

No, not according to people. No major leaguer has ever been a prospect.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yes, 1969 was 45 years ago. Thanks for the math/calendar clarification. Chiefs have made the postseason 11 times in the past 25 years. Pretty good for a team that hasn't been very competitive.
And the Cubs have been to the WS within the last 100 years and made a deep playoff run a decade ago. Nice strawman you just made there.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bryant has as many hits for the Cubs major league ballclub as Rudy had sacks for Notre Dame prior to the G-Tech game.

LOL at your "Do you even know who you are talking about anymore?", when you just thought that I compared Bryant to Rudy's brother. STFU, shit for brains. Silence!

So, are you saying that Bryant holds the same value as Rudy's brother? If yes, you just made yourself look like the normal jackass you are when it comes to sports.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
HOLY FUCK!

No, Bryant is NOT Rudy's brother. I am Rudy's Brother. Bryant is Rudy. When I/Rudy's brother watch the Cubs/Notre Dame, I/Rudy's brother do not see Bryant/Rudy on the TV screen.

HOW CAN YOU STILL NOT UNDERSTAND THIS?

SILENCE! SILENCE!

Still an absolutely stupid analogy

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, now I get it. Bryant is being compared to Rudy. A practice squad guy is compared to a top 10 prospect that could fetch a major league player in a trade on his own. I gotcha now. Tell me again how you arent a jackass?