dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Who does this guy think he is and what does he think he has accomplished to demand that kind of money. This definitely puts the Bears out of the running if true.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
In all fairness, the Lions are all trying to figure out how to handle a little bit of success. That's true for coaches, players, fans, and their trolls.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Pretty sure that's already been denied.

Saw a report that it may have been Detroit that leaked that to keep teams away from Johnson.
Makes sense. I haven't seen that but i guess i can see Detroit trying some shit like that.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Pretty sure that's already been denied.

Saw a report that it may have been Detroit that leaked that to keep teams away from Johnson.
The coaches have agents. Teams front offices aren’t setting how the market is tested. Oy vey.

Bust

Liked Posts:
no chance the owners will let these rookies set new precedents. Not happening.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
From NBC Sports:

“Still, at the core of the report from Anderson is the notion that "some Owners have been told" that the asking price will be in the range of $15 million. Flowers disputes that.

We aren't in position to break the tie. That said, it would be out of the ordinary for any coordinator who has never been a head coach to be making exorbitant demands before he has ever even been interviewed. The money follows the interest. The first step is to generate as much interest as possible.”

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
His agent denied the asking price

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Just watching how Flus' D with just one good pass rusher has made that O into a turnover machine is enough to sour me on Johnson.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just watching how Flus' D with just one good pass rusher has made that O into a turnover machine is enough to sour me on Johnson.
I don’t understand how you blame the OC for Goff being Goff

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don’t understand how you blame the OC for Goff being Goff

Goff has played well overall. In fact if you take away the Bears games he has 23 TDs and 5 Ints. So the struggles against the Bears is in part because the Bears D figured out something most teams havent about that offense.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Goff has played well overall. In fact if you take away the Bears games he has 23 TDs and 5 Ints. So the struggles against the Bears is in part because the Bears D figured out something most teams havent.
Well to be fair, they were missing their starting OG & C. Bears exploited the middle of the line which is when Goff really struggles. Goff can’t move laterally but is good when he can step into the pocket and avoid the outside pressure. He wasn’t able to move up in the pocket and the Bears took advantage.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Well to be fair, they were missing their starting OG & C. Bears exploited the middle of the line which is when Goff really struggles. Goff can’t move laterally but is good when he can step into the pocket and avoid the outside pressure. He wasn’t able to move up in the pocket and the Bears took advantage.
This is exactly what gives me pause about Ben Johnson. Most offenses look good with a veteran QB that has all day in the pocket. He only has two years of calling plays and it's behind the best O line in football. The few games they haven't been healthy, they haven't looked very good.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Do we make these same excuses for Getsy? I would prefer an OC who can succeed even when things are not ideal.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Gotta throw a lot of that blame on Goff though. He's always had these issues.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Who does this guy think he is and what does he think he has accomplished to demand that kind of money. This definitely puts the Bears out of the running if true.

The Bears defense exposed this guy. If ya go through his background there's nothing that screams HC. The Bears need someone with Qb development experience and SB experience. There are coaches out there with that background

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Gotta throw a lot of that blame on Goff though. He's always had these issues.

Fields had issues too but the mantra is play to your QBs strengths. Maybe should have rolled out Goff more if the interior OL was shaky.