1987...What could've been...

Stangboy124

Backing Vocalist
Liked Posts:
Nonsense. Go to youtube and see the interviews of the Wrecking Crew and you will see that all the music for the first album was written before all the band was hired

So which is it? You were adamant earlier that the Monkees never played or recorded their own music. Now you're backtracking and limiting it to the first album. Make up your mind...

BTW, interviews with "The Clique" themselves don't actually constitute any proof. Some members, especially Carol Kaye, have claimed to play on sessions when the actual recording logs say they didn't.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is what happens when cousins marry

Do you mean the part where I don't like the music that the world tries forcing on me or the part where I am not adamant about my love for a 37 year old man?

Yep, I'm the inbred one. Got it.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm listening to the 80's station right now. Not going to argue if it is "good music" but it makes me smile. 70's makes me change the station, 90's, pfft, yay 90's, omg grunge, whatever, I mostly stopped listening to music after that. I could listen to 60's music if they erased the Beatles from existence. I hate those assholes.

the beatles are thouroughly shit I must say its like getting raped in my earholes when im forced to listen to their garbage

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
The 2010 loss was worse and here is why. We could have knocked them out by beating them The last game of the season and we lost. Then like others have said we lost on out home turf to our division rival. 86 and 87 was bad for me especially since my 2 good friends are redskins fans. End of the day for me personally 2010 was worse. I'm 37 and at my age back then I wasn't such a crazed fan as I am now.

nitelife

Liked Posts:
I'm listening to the 80's station right now. Not going to argue if it is "good music" but it makes me smile. 70's makes me change the station, 90's, pfft, yay 90's, omg grunge, whatever, I mostly stopped listening to music after that. I could listen to 60's music if they erased the Beatles from existence. I hate those assholes.

wow. we definitely have different taste in music. Wasn't a big fan of either the Beatles or Monkees, but they did have some good songs. Loved the Motown stuff back in the 60s

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Have to agree with Omeletpants. Nesmith was the only musician of the 4, the rest were actors and the music was performed by studio musicians in the beginning. After the show ( or music ) had some success, they did try to become the actual " Monkees ", Still can't believe Jimi Hendrix opened for them. But think the studio musicians songs were thier best songs. Thought Boyce & Hart wrote most of their songs.

Dolenz on guitar ? Davy on percussion ? Does tambourine and maracas really qualify as percussions ??

Dolenz played drums/vocals and Davy was basically just vocals,
Here is a little clip of Carol Kaye of the Wrecking Crew. She also wrote one of the most famous bass lines of all time on "the beat goes on". Many in the record industry consider her the greatest bass player of all time

[video=youtube;p28kV6c1lhg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p28kV6c1lhg[/video]

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are a shitload of videos on youtube about the Wrecking Crew..truly awesome

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Mickey Dolenz and Peter Tork admit the music was recorded before they even sung them and the wrecking crew did the recordings. Admission at 2:15

[video=youtube;XvQJ6Dq3v1Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvQJ6Dq3v1Q[/video]

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's right though. Losing to the Packers and watching them claim the Halas trophy on soldier field was about as bad as anything.

True, what a horror to see a Bears player tap out and get on bended knee to present the hated rival Packers the Halas trophy in the middle of Soldier Field. I think Papa Bear is still rolling over in his grave from that one.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
sigh.........:hitler: we hate cutler....we hate cutler.....yea we get it

Stangboy124

Backing Vocalist
Liked Posts:
Mickey Dolenz and Peter Tork admit the music was recorded before they even sung them and the wrecking crew did the recordings. Admission at 2:15

[video=youtube;XvQJ6Dq3v1Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvQJ6Dq3v1Q[/video]

Once again, is this for the first album ONLY?