1987...What could've been...

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because you are a fucking idiot and werent alive in 1987. Just because you didn't see it doesnt mean it didnt happen.

and just because it was 20 fuckin years ago doesn't make it more relevant or devastating im not a spring chicken but football 20 years ago affects me less than football five years ago.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never really thought about it until now, probably a third of the people on this board really can't comprehend just how good the Bears were in the 80's because they are too young. The 85' team gets all the pub because they won it but the 86' & 87' teams were just as good. From 84' through 89' they were like the Patriots from the early 2000's. The only difference is the Bear only walked away with one title when they should have had at least 3.

It was an awesome time to be a Bears fan. I don't recall the exact number but I think they went 5 or 6 years in a row without losing a division game.

Not through 89. They were 6-10 in 89. And some consider the 89 49ers to be better than the 85 Bears. I don't know if the Patriots are a great example because of the stark difference in QB's and defenses.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
He's right though. Losing to the Packers and watching them claim the Halas trophy on soldier field was about as bad as anything.
Nobody with any sense thought we had a chance so it wasnt heartbreaking. It was expected. That's why Bringbackditka is a fuking idiot

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
well I thought we could win and im sure hundreds and thousands of other fans thought that as well

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And the following year we lost the NFCC to the niners at soldier field. It was cold and windy. The stupid "Bear weather" myth.

That is my earliest memory of a Bears Football game, and the day I became a Bears Fan forever

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
basketballs for queers

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol was just pullin yer leg mang never been into bball myself just don't find it as exciting but I never played it so this could be the reason. if I had to rate sports imho it goes football, golf and beerpong then darts and pool

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Lol basketball has become a pansy sport lately though. In terms of the lack of physicality. Also have to ask cuz ive been wondering is the hbk in your name reference to the wrestler?

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol basketball has become a pansy sport lately though. In terms of the lack of physicality. Also have to ask cuz ive been wondering is the hbk in your name reference to the wrestler?

lol yeah when I was around 12ish I really thought he was the man and loved watching wrestling I wish I never grew outta that and realized how bad it sucked I had alotta fun watching it then just cant seem to understand how I did now

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
lol yeah when I was around 12ish I really thought he was the man and loved watching wrestling I wish I never grew outta that and realized how bad it sucked I had alotta fun watching it then just cant seem to understand how I did now

HBK was the man dude. 90's wrestling was the shit.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:

lol I loved it as a kid and into my teens just lost interest as I got older I sure had alotta fun watching it then though

CutlersCorner

Liked Posts:

"Wrestling" in the 80's was the shit!!

Brutus the Barber

George the Animal Steele

The Ultimate warrior

Macho Man

Andre

Hulk

Jake the snake

rowdy Roddy piper

It's really not even a comparison!!

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:

Brutus the Barber

George the Animal Steele

The Ultimate warrior

Macho Man

Andre

Hulk

Jake the snake

rowdy Roddy piper

the 80s were the golden years of wrestling imho but the 90s were very good as well

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:

Brutus the Barber

George the Animal Steele

The Ultimate warrior

Macho Man

Andre

Hulk

Jake the snake

rowdy Roddy piper

and don't forget the 4 horsemen the road warriors a lot of good wrestling then

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Brutus the Barber

George the Animal Steele

The Ultimate warrior

Macho Man

Andre

Hulk

Jake the snake

rowdy Roddy piper

I didn't watch that much of the wrestling then. I liked Junk Yard Dog and the Saturday Morning cartoon though.

TRON

Liked Posts:
The 80's was the Golden Age for most of Americas Entertainment, from Sports to Music, fashion, Technology and yes Sports Entertainment.