1987...What could've been...

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Original D generation x was the best. I remember when they invaded wcw once - fucking cutting edge. Also the 80s were not the golden age for Americas music. That is straight up blasphemy. The 20s, 30s, 40s 50s 60s 70s and 90s all kicked the 80s ass musically.

nitelife

Liked Posts:
Back to the OP, more heart breaking was the Bears late 80s team didn't become a dynasty everyone envisioned, while Ditka's persona became larger than life while the team was falling apart.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
1987, what a year. The Brewers started 13-0. Juan Nieves threw a no hitter. Paul Molitor had a 39 game hitting streak. But then the Brewers finished 7 games out of first place.

I remember when the Brewers were good, Cubs um don't recall that memory EVER lol , quit following them years ago

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
1987 cemented Ditka as the most overrated coach in NFL history

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
lol was just pullin yer leg mang never been into bball myself just don't find it as exciting but I never played it so this could be the reason. if I had to rate sports imho it goes football, golf and beerpong then darts and pool

Baseball and Football tie with me, just hasn't been a reason to get excited about bb Round here

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Original D generation x was the best. I remember when they invaded wcw once - fucking cutting edge. Also the 80s were not the golden age for Americas music. That is straight up blasphemy. The 20s, 30s, 40s 50s 60s 70s and 90s all kicked the 80s ass musically.

I'm listening to the 80's station right now. Not going to argue if it is "good music" but it makes me smile. 70's makes me change the station, 90's, pfft, yay 90's, omg grunge, whatever, I mostly stopped listening to music after that. I could listen to 60's music if they erased the Beatles from existence. I hate those assholes.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
I'm listening to the 80's station right now. Not going to argue if it is "good music" but it makes me smile. 70's makes me change the station, 90's, pfft, yay 90's, omg grunge, whatever, I mostly stopped listening to music after that. I could listen to 60's music if they erased the Beatles from existence. I hate those assholes.

While I don't agree with you about the band as I am a fan to an extent - I do commend any man to say "fuck the Beatles" as it is somewhat of a taboo thing to say.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
While I don't agree with you about the band as I am a fan to an extent - I do commend any man to say "fuck the Beatles" as it is somewhat of a taboo thing to say.

I am aware. I don't say I hate the Beatles to draw attention to myself (Packer fan on a Bears board doesn't help my argument but I have my reasons for being here). But I say this seriously, I'd take the Monkees over the Beatles.

Edited to add that I know the Monkees were a joke band put together with auditions for the parts. I'd take Milli Vanilli over the Beatles too.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
not a big fan of the beatles either.

anybody know cowboy bill watts? he was my neighbor growing up. my brother and I hung out with his sons erik and micah and their sister ene. I think junkyard dog got his start with mid-south wrestling (or wrassling as they called it in Oklahoma). Ted Dibiase and Hacksaw Jim Duggan too.

I think Erik went on to wrassle and got involved in some kind of scandal

Last edited:

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Jim Duggan, holy shit haven't thought about that name in a long ass time

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I always liked rowdy roddy piper because he was such an epic douche

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And the following year we lost the NFCC to the niners at soldier field. It was cold and windy. The stupid "Bear weather" myth.

Jerry Rice used Todd Krum as a pick.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I am aware. I don't say I hate the Beatles to draw attention to myself (Packer fan on a Bears board doesn't help my argument but I have my reasons for being here). But I say this seriously, I'd take the Monkees over the Beatles.

Edited to add that I know the Monkees were a joke band put together with auditions for the parts. I'd take Milli Vanilli over the Beatles too.
You are a fucking idiot. The Monkeys never played or recorded their own music. The "Wrecking Crew" (the greatest studio musicians in the world) recorded all their songs. Dumb fuck

If you werent such a moron you might search on youtube and find out something about the wrecking crew. BTW, they had 7 #1 hits one year and people dont even know it was them playing

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are a fucking idiot. The Monkeys never played or recorded their own music. The "Wrecking Crew" (the greatest studio musicians in the world) recorded all their songs. Dumb fuck

If you werent such a moron you might search on youtube and find out something about the wrecking crew. BTW, they had 7 #1 hits one year and people dont even know it was them playing

The Monkees moron.

It doesn't make the Beatles suck any less. The Monkees, Manilli Vanilli. Fake, I don't care. Yep, better than the fucking Beatles.

Now post Peyton Manning shit.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
The Monkees moron.

It doesn't make the Beatles suck any less. The Monkees, Manilli Vanilli. Fake, I don't care. Yep, better than the fucking Beatles.

Now post Peyton Manning shit.
This is what happens when cousins marry

Stangboy124

Backing Vocalist
Liked Posts:

You're being more douchetastic than usual, which is quite an accomplishment. Anyway, here are some Wiki highlights that completely contradict your condescending and insecure little rant:

On January 16, 1967, four months after their public debut, the Monkees held their first recording session as a fully functioning, self-contained band at RCA Recording Studios, Hollywood, CA, recording an early version of band member Nesmith's self-composed top 40 hit single "The Girl I Knew Somewhere", along with "All of Your Toys" and "She's So Far Out, She's In".[33] The Monkees wanted to pick the songs they sang, and play on the songs they recorded, and be The Monkees.

Issued in May 1967, the album Headquarters had no songs released as singles in the United States, but it would still be their third No. 1 album in a row, with many of its songs played on the 2nd season of the TV Show. Having a more country-folk-rock sound than the pop outings under Kirshner, Sandoval notes in the 2007 Deluxe Edition reissue from Rhino that the album rose to No. 1 on June 24, 1967, with The Beatles' Sgt. Pepper released the following week, which would knock Headquarters to the number 2 spot on the charts for the next 11 weeks, the "Summer of Love". A selection that Dolenz wrote and composed, "Randy Scouse Git," was issued under the title "Alternate Title" (due to the controversial title of the song) as a single internationally, where it rose to No. 2 on the charts in the UK and Norway, and in the top 10 in other parts of the world.[38] Peter Tork's "For Pete's Sake" would be used as the closing theme for the TV show. Michael Nesmith would continue in his country-rock leanings, adding the pedal steel guitar to 3 of the songs, along with contributing his self-composed countrified-rock song "Sunny Girlfriend". Tork added the banjo to the Nesmith composed rocker "You Told Me", a song whose introduction was satirical of The Beatles' "Taxman".[39] Other notable songs are the Nesmith composed straight forward pop-rock song "You Just May Be the One", used on the TV series during both seasons, along with "Shades of Gray" (with piano introduction written by Tork [40]), "Forget that Girl" and "No Time", used in the TV show. The Monkees wrote 5 of the 12 songs on the album, plus the two tracks "Band 6" and "Zilch". The Los Angeles Times, when reviewing Headquarters, stated that "The Monkees Upgrade Album Quality" and that "The Monkees are getting better. Headquarters has more interesting songs and a better quality level [than previous albums] ... None of the tracks is a throwaway [...] The improvement trend is laudable." [41]

The high of Headquarters was short-lived, however. Recording and producing as a group was Tork's major interest and he hoped that the four would continue working together as a band on future recordings according to the liner notes of the 2007 Rhino reissue of Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones Ltd.. "Cuddly Toy" on Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones Ltd. would mark the last time Dolenz, who originally played guitar before The Monkees, would make a solo stand as a studio drummer.

With Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones Ltd., The Monkees fourth album, they went back to making music for the TV Show, except that they had control over the music, and which songs would be chosen. They used a mixture of themselves and session musicians on the album.

Using Chip Douglas again to produce, Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones Ltd., released in November 1967 [43] was The Monkees fourth No. 1 album in a row, staying at No. 1 for 5 weeks,[36] and was also their last No. 1 album. It featured the hit single "Pleasant Valley Sunday" (#3 on charts) b/w "Words" (#11 on charts), which the A-side had Nesmith on electric guitar/backing vocals, Tork on piano/backing vocals, Dolenz on lead vocals and possibly guitar, and Jones on backing vocals;[38] the B-side had Micky and Peter alternating lead vocals, Peter played organ, Mike played guitar, percussion & provided backing vocals, and Davy provided percussion and backing vocals.[44] Other notable items about this album is that it features an early use of the Moog Synthesizer on two tracks, the Nesmith-penned "Daily Nightly", along with "Star Collector". All of its songs, except for two, were featured on the Monkees' TV show during the second season.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Nonsense. Go to youtube and see the interviews of the Wrecking Crew and you will see that all the music for the first album was written before all the band was hired

nitelife

Liked Posts:
Have to agree with Omeletpants. Nesmith was the only musician of the 4, the rest were actors and the music was performed by studio musicians in the beginning. After the show ( or music ) had some success, they did try to become the actual " Monkees ", Still can't believe Jimi Hendrix opened for them. But think the studio musicians songs were thier best songs. Thought Boyce & Hart wrote most of their songs.

Dolenz on guitar ? Davy on percussion ? Does tambourine and maracas really qualify as percussions ??

Dolenz played drums/vocals and Davy was basically just vocals,