2013 Draft Watch: Cubs clinch #2 pick

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/reversestandings2012

As of now the Cubs are in the #3 position, two games behind Colorado and five games behind the Astros. The Cubs would win the tiebreaker against the Rockies but lose against the Astros.

Still a bit early to determine what the next draft class might shape up to be but obviously with Matt Appel going back to college...

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
It certainly isn't hard to imagine Appel being the best college arm in the draft next year.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
It certainly isn't hard to imagine Appel being the best college arm in the draft next year.

Assuming that arm stays attached. He should've taken the money but I guess he knows the risks.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Assuming that arm stays attached. He should've taken the money but I guess he knows the risks.

Injury is about the only thing that would prevent him from being the top college arm. In his case it seems to make some sense since there is a good chance that he could go higher in this upcoming draft and get the money he was looking for. It is not without risks, but I think the odds of him staying healthy for one season at college to get the bonus he is looking for is a lot higher than him staying healthy through being eligible for major league free agency which would be his next chance to set his price.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Need to beat out Houston, it is our only chance before they go 10-152 in the AL West

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
They'll update the reverse standings tomorrow I'm sure, but as of now the Cubs won and everyone around them lost. Precarious!

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I suppose the best news today is that the Astros and Rockies are currently winning and the Padres have won. Too bad Minnesota lost, but you can't have it all.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fucking Astros. They trade better than the Cubs and they're tanking better too :lol:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just about every team around the Cubs in the draft race are winning. Come on, Rockies, don't fail me now.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Astros are now under orders to tank as best as they can. They just put in possibly the worst reliever they could with a one-run lead and they've loaded the bases with only one out. Well played, Houston.

2SeamHeat

I Know Nuffing!!!!!
Liked Posts:
I think the Astros are now under orders to tank as best as they can. They just put in possibly the worst reliever they could with a one-run lead and they've loaded the bases with only one out. Well played, Houston.

I thought Marmol was still a Cub...

2SeamHeat

I Know Nuffing!!!!!
Liked Posts:
While he induces heart attacks, Marmol is not actually the worst reliever ever. True story.

True enough, but he does hold the power to turn on that "worst reliever ever" on. I think it's in the necklace he wears, kind of like Green Lantern's ring.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
True enough, but he does hold the power to turn on that "worst reliever ever" on. I think it's in the necklace he wears, kind of like Green Lantern's ring.

Green Lantern's ring is way cooler.

As of now Cubs have the #3 pick by the skin of their teeth. Stupid Rockies. Stupid Astros :fist:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay, it's about time to concede the #1 pick to Houston. Time to focus on catching Colorado for #2.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love this thread lol you guys are hilarious :bowrofl::lmao::rofl::roll:

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
My understanding of this thread is that the Cubs are too good. Yup, just too fucking good.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
My understanding of this thread is that the Cubs are too good. Yup, just too fucking good.

They're the epitome of bad-mediocre :lol: Not good enough to contend, not bad enough to get a good pick :fist: