2014 Jay Cutler Discussion Thread

whick week do we start?

• Total voters

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So after 1 season observing Cutler Trestman went into a character cultivation program and Cutler got an F at his first press conference following a loss.

And Emery saw the light and realized how doomed he is, and that he was too lenient about some things like Cutler/Tucker.

Well....this is good news. We have all specualated about whether his petulant nature mattered, and now he has a coach that holds him accountable. Only good can come from this, even if thats nearing the give up point with a QB that doesn't have the intangibles and giving up on them and beginning the search again.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Jay has been better with the media generally speaking, one bad day when he's feeling cranky doesn't change many days where he is more engageable and amiable with the media.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Jay has been better with the media generally speaking, one bad day when he's feeling cranky doesn't change many days where he is more engageable and amiable with the media.

Agreed. He's been A LOT better recently. I dont see how being pissy after a loss you know you should have won isn't understandable.

Its like people just go looking for a cutler story, even when there isnt one.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Who gives a shit how he talks to the media?

His rookie mistakes are what bothers me, and his unwillingness to fix these issues

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I actually don't agree with this cause i think Emery is the type of GM that will make the big move if it was truly needed. Now i know Cutler will have a long leash but i wouldn't say that there's no way he'd get traded.

Nobody is going to trade for a QB who will be going into his 10th year, is maddingly inconsistent, and still hasn't learned to stop making boneheaded, game-killing turnovers at critical times.

Oh and he comes with a blockbuster contract.

That trade ain't happening.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
This overreaction is seriously hilarious.

Yet no one is shit raising when Tillman called out the media. My god one game and some of u idiots are talking about cutting cutler. Jesus

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
If Tillman only had a better O-line, WR's, OC....

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I've wondered about this, but they would have to find the right team with A LOT of cap space, on top of this they may have to throw in another piece like Marshall just to get a teams attention, which would demand even more space on their behalf, & another rebuild effort on the Bears behalf. I think Emery backed himself into a corner on this one, or at least took a big step towards that much.

Put yourself in the shoes of another GM who's aware of Cutlers 9 year career. Why would you trade for Cutler when you can draft a younger QB in the early rounds who's cost controlled under a rookie cap & stands a solid possible chance of putting up similar production?
I don't agree with this at all. It would be easy to trade Cutler. Lets not get crazy cause no matter what the Cutler haters say he can play the position better than more than half the starters in the league now. We might not get two 1st rounders but we will get one 1st rounder for sure and we'd get other picks.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
This overreaction is seriously hilarious.

Yet no one is shit raising when Tillman called out the media. My god one game and some of u idiots are talking about cutting cutler. Jesus

I missed that, who said to cut Cutler?

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears officials pissed at Jay? Wheres the link or article?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I really hope the Bears spend more time on interceptions and less time on press conference etiquette.

I don't give a single fuck how Jay treats the press. Now which team he throws to.....

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I missed that, who said to cut Cutler?

well, people are wasting time to discuss the prospect of salary shit with cutting Cutler lol. Oh and what it would be to trade him.

Lol

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
well, people are wasting time to discuss the prospect of salary shit with cutting Cutler lol. Oh and what it would be to trade him.

Lol

So no one really is saying to cut Cutler?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If Emery was worth his salt as a GM he would have let Cutler go and taken his shot with Teddy Bridgewater or fuck at this point Jimmy Garapollo,if the reports in NE are to be believed. Emery is not gutsy enough to make the tough call.

Why would he get rid of him when he just signed him to the new contract which means he believes in him at this point?? That just sounds stupid. Now you have absolutely no idea what Emery would do if Cutler doesn't start showing improvement through this season and if he doesn't then i absolutely believe Emery would be gutsy enough to make the move of trading him but like i said Cutler is a better starting QB than more than half the QB's in the league now so he'll have a long leash. I don't know if you've noticed but it's hard to find a quality starting QB in the NFL.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Why would he get rid of him when he just signed him to the new contract which means he believes in him at this point?? That just sounds stupid. Now you have absolutely no idea what Emery would do if Cutler doesn't start showing improvement through this season and if he doesn't then i absolutely believe Emery would be gutsy enough to make the move of trading him but like i said Cutler is a better starting QB than more than half the QB's in the league now so he'll have a long leash. I don't know if you've noticed but it's hard to find a quality starting QB in the NFL.

I got the impression that Biff is using the scenario if he wasn't re-signed

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Nobody is going to trade for a QB who will be going into his 10th year, is maddingly inconsistent, and still hasn't learned to stop making boneheaded, game-killing turnovers at critical times.

Oh and he comes with a blockbuster contract.

That trade ain't happening.
Really?? Can you say......Carson Palmer and not only him but do you really think i can't come up with a pretty good list of QB's that were traded for after the age of 30?? Cutler would be EASY to trade. EASY.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I see we're back to this nonsense.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Bears officials pissed at Jay? Wheres the link or article?

The link is on page one of this thread but this thread was moved into a Cutler thread so don't know how you would find page one but the article is there.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Really?? Can you say......Carson Palmer and not only him but do you really think i can't come up with a pretty good list of QB's that were traded for after the age of 30?? Cutler would be EASY to trade. EASY.

Palmer was traded to the Raiders because Jackson worked with Palmer extensively.

Trade Cutler to Indy? The Falcons?