2014 Jay Cutler Discussion Thread

whick week do we start?

• Total voters

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
How about you guys discuss a real story of substance?

Like....

Brandon Marshall possibly having a LINGERING ankle injury this season and how that could effect him. Or, how Jeffery's hamstring could hinder him the rest of the year.

My god, nothing important.. Just stupid bitching and bitching and bitching.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild

Like....

Brandon Marshall possibly having a LINGERING ankle injury this season and how that could effect him. Or, how Jeffery's hamstring could hinder him the rest of the year.

Why would that be discussed in the Cutler thread?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

Like....

Why would we discuss Marshall or Jeffery in the Cutler thread? And if we did discuss those "topics" how much is there to discuss about the injury? In the end it will eventually come back to how Cutler can't succeed with the back up WR's and we will be back to where we started.

Also you never answered my question on who suggested on cutting Cutler, I'm curious because it seems I missed that post

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Like....

Do you have any information on these injuries? I have not heard anything as of yet.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Why would we discuss Marshall or Jeffery in the Cutler thread? And if we did discuss those "topics" how much is there to discuss about the injury? In the end it will eventually come back to how Cutler can't succeed with the back up WR's and we will be back to where we started.

Also you never answered my question on who suggested on cutting Cutler, I'm curious because it seems I missed that post
I just went through three pages and multiple posts were made about the discussion of a cutler trade and how much salary cup would be used up if he was cut. It's RIDICULOUS people are even discussing that waste of shit.

Tell me, should I blame cutler if he can't succeed with? I don't know anyone besides Santonio Holmes. I just wished they signed him earlier. Also, Josh Morgan is knicked up.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Do you have any information on these injuries? I have not heard anything as of yet.
Marshall has a sprained ankle and anything with a WR and hamstring injury is scary. Rest assured, I have little doubt they will be some sort of lingering injuries with those two for the rest of the season.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really wanted the Bears to draft him. I really like Garoppolo, but he will need time to develop. I think he's an ideal QB for one of the purer WC offenses like Trestman runs.

we needed DL more than a qb. we have/had a qb in jay. he's the best qb we've had in a LONG time. it was more important to go after CB/DT. but i would not be surprised if we drafted a qb in 2015. although, we will probably we looking at LB and S in the first two rounds, so not sure if a 3rd round qb will be a significant upgrade over Clausen/Fales. maybe 2016 for qb?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I just went through three pages and multiple posts were made about the discussion of a cutler trade and how much salary cup would be used up if he was cut. It's RIDICULOUS people are even discussing that waste of shit.

Tell me, should I blame cutler if he can't succeed with? I don't know anyone besides Santonio Holmes. I just wished they signed him earlier. Also, Josh Morgan is knicked up.

So people confirming the ramifications of trading/cutting Cutler = actually trading/cutting Cutler?

Also most aren't blaming Cutler for the loss but are just fed up with seeing another boneheaded play done at an inopportune moment in the game. You and Guitarman have it stuck in your heads that any criticism of Cutler is unwarranted and fans are overreacting. The reality of it is that loss may not have been on Cutler but his 2nd INT did not help considering the situation.

And stop acting as if Cutler is the only QB that has to deal with injuries to their skill players, it is a part of the game and the better QB's learn to adjust and play through those adversities

Chinese

Liked Posts:
93904a93515eadd11e7cc91d2711dca5.jpg

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Nobody is going to trade for a QB who will be going into his 10th year, is maddingly inconsistent, and still hasn't learned to stop making boneheaded, game-killing turnovers at critical times.

Oh and he comes with a blockbuster contract.

That trade ain't happening.

Look at what the Bengals got for Palmer. Cutler still does have value in a trade, someone would be willing to overpay the next two years before his contract becomes cheap in exchange for an average QB. I don't know how much value, but he would have some. Cutler could be a decent QB for a few years on a team with a good defense and good line.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Look at what the Bengals got for Palmer. Cutler still does have value in a trade, someone would be willing to overpay the next two years before his contract becomes cheap in exchange for an average QB. I don't know how much value, but he would have some. Cutler could be a decent QB for a few years on a team with a good defense and good line.

Tampa Bay Tampa Bay?

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
CHI Media proves Cutler right

We all have our opinions about Cutty, & the team but seriously....a poll on ESPN CHICAGO that asks: "How many points will the Bears LOSE BY on Sunday?"

Bears_media_NEG.png

NOT ONE option of a tie, much less a win at all. How negatively presumptuous can a local media be!? Is Jay Mariotti back?
The lowest option is 7, then up & up.

Also another headline up top of "Bears signs of distress". That Gallery pic of a Bear laying face down on the grass has been up for weeks too.

Bleacher Report also ripping Bears & Cutty today too, although it's rare to see positive and unbiased stats given together with the knocks.

Not saying to bury heads in sand and be roses & sunshine when it's not, but WHY such overly abundant NEGATIVITY of the HOME TEAM!?? Create a shit storm and yes, things will stink & be shitty, but at least they get their ratings at the cost of pissing off a fanbase. Good lord, the sensationalistic self-hate that stirs up the casual meatball fan is far worse than a frustrating OT loss. Can't be any more 100% on point in PROVING CUTTY RIGHT in his dismissive comment about "You guys are going to be negative anyway". Snarky or not, there's no denying the one-sided self-imposed local focus by Chicago media.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
expectations were high that Jay/the Bears have turned a corner

This is what happens when you set a high bar and then disappoint a fanbase, the bears did it to themselves

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Rather Jay Cutler stay a jerk than become Sammy Sosa any day!

I think Bears fans suffer from Second City syndrome. We are too sensitive to what outsiders think of our guys and let outsiders opinions color our own concerning Jay Cutler.

Cutler is no more of a jerk than Jim McMahon. Frankly, McMahon was worse. Dan Hampton couldn't stand him. Personally, I think Rex Grossman would have won a Super Bowl with the 85 Bears. If anything, that defense would look at Grossman's 20 ints as a chance to put more players in the hospital.

As far as Cutler becoming an "elite" QB, what does it mean? Will Cutler ever become Peyton Manning? Nope. Can he be Eli Manning or Joe Flacco? Definitely. I don't care how many rings Eli Manning got. I think Cutler is better across the board based on career stats. Manning just got hot and lucky (i.e David Tyree), Same with Flacco. So many things have to go right to win a Super Bowl. On the flip side, the "great" Peyton Manning won only one Supeir Bowl. Same with Arron Rodgers and Drew Brees. Eli and Ben Rothlisberger each have 2, yet nobody is stupid enough to say they are better than Peyton or Rodgers. Until the Bears can stop the run,we aint winning nothing.

Finally, I have often wondered if Brett Favre would have been allowed to throw 400 ints in Chicago? It took Reggie White pulling a Lebron to help Favre get his ONE ring.

And to those who prefer Josh McCown. Do you REALLY think you are beating REAL teams with a game manager? You want to know why McCown is safer. It is become Trestman would not even ATTEMPT some of the play calls he does with Cutler. Game managers do not win shootouts.

If you want to give Cutler the Rex Grossman treatment, go ahead. I think Cutler is arrogant enough to withstand it unlike Grossman. Rex was beaten down. I think Cutler is made of stronger stuff and has too many stars who swear by him. Just be careful what you wish for. Cutler threw a bad interception. It happen just like Favre threw a similar in the NFC Championship game with the Vikings. But please remember how hard it is to get even a GOOD qb, which Cutler is. You think Cutler is bad? No, Jonathan Quin is bad. Chad Hutchinson is bad. If I'm a Cutler apologist, so be it.

Darkman

Liked Posts:
I picked 14, I would love to eat crow, but no.