2014 Jay Cutler Discussion Thread

whick week do we start?

• Total voters

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Got to love the old, "he's better than any other Bears QB," or the "who would you replace him with argument." No, better excuse for settling for mediocrity than it's easier than actually trying to improve.

Oh, and doesn't Cutler have his own thread? Maybe this board is dying after all.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Got to love the old, "he's better than any other Bears QB," or the "who would you replace him with argument." No, better excuse for settling for mediocrity than it's easy than actually trying to improve.

I personally like the, "he's got to go," without any thoughts towards his replacement argument. Nothing sets up a future for success than blindly releasing players.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Got to love the old, "he's better than any other Bears QB," or the "who would you replace him with argument." No, better excuse for settling for mediocrity than it's easier than actually trying to improve.

Bears have been trying to improve for 30 years with NO success..Till Cutler came along

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Bears have been trying to improve for 30 years with NO success..Till Cutler came along

Shouldn't have been that hard to improve on absolute garbage. And it's sad that average is such an improvement that few expect better.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shouldn't have been that hard to improve on absolute garbage. And it's sad that average is such an improvement that few expect better.

Id love to get a better QB..But tell me now...What team would trade him away to us?

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Id love to get a better QB..But tell me now...What team would trade him away to us?

Well, we're obviously stuck with Jay now. But the team had an opportunity this off season to franchise him for the year and target a young QB in the draft. Then at the end of this season they could have evaluated the situation and been in a position to either go forward with Jay or move on.

Jimmy G being available in the second was a very real possibility, as was proven when he was still on the board when the Bears picked.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, we're obviously stuck with Jay now.

So thats a good reason to go boo him and make matters worse... That worked great with Grossman...The booing straightened him right out

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I have never personally seen or heard any one suggest that.

:rolleyes:

So you've seen people ask who they should replace him with, but never the statement that incited such a response?

Last edited:

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's a taller Rex. Great arm. Knows he can make any throw. He got paid.

s0Lstar18

Liked Posts:
As much as I hate to say this…I'm gonna say week 4….DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNN

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If thats your gauge of who is a good QB or not, you have zero football knowledge

Playoff games are won/ lost by the team

No QB ever won a playoff game..His team did

Trent Dilfer has a SB ring...Does that make him a great QB?

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
If thats your gauge of who is a good QB or not, you have zero football knowledge

Playoff games are won/ lost by the team

No QB ever won a playoff game..His team did

Okay so you're basically admitting he hasn't done too well in the playoffs. Let's go with another:

Where does his QBR rank during his tenure with the Bears?

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Okay so you're basically admitting he hasn't done too well in the playoffs. Let's go with another:

"Okay so you're basically admitting he hasn't done too well in the playoffs. Let's go with another"

Dont put words in my mouth..The question you asked is a ringer..

"Where does his QBR rank during his tenure with the Bears?"

I have no idea, but you can go look it up somewhere Im sure

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
So thats a good reason to go boo him and make matters worse... That worked great with Grossman...The booing straightened him right out

The Boos are not going to make a difference one way or another, but dumb plays deserved to get booed.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Boos are not going to make a difference one way or another, but dumb plays deserved to get booed.

Thats where you are wrong...boos DO make a difference..They can destroy ones confidence, which is exactly what happened to Grossman,he got worse instead of better

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
"Okay so you're basically admitting he hasn't done too well in the playoffs. Let's go with another"

Dont put words in my mouth..The question you asked is a ringer..

"Where does his QBR rank during his tenure with the Bears?"

I have no idea, but you can go look it up somewhere Im sure

So you're telling us that Cutler changed the Bears past 30 years of history yet he's done shit in the playoffs despite being QB on a team with a consistently fucking awesome D (until Mel Tucker) and you have no idea where his QBR ranks. Glad you know so much. You're awesome.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Are you talking about ESPNs BS total QBR, or the actual NFL passer rating?