2014 Jay Cutler Discussion Thread

whick week do we start?

• Total voters

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its a 7 year deal for cap relief for the first couple years. Aaron Rodgers signed a 7 year deal around 20 mil per year but his cap hit for this year was only 3.8 mil. With this deal the Bears will have more money to rebuild the defense this offseason. Anything Cutler can do to help the team.

BP348

Liked Posts:
I like all three signings. Hopefully this will put all the QB controversy to bed and they can focus on fixing the defense.

Let the bitching by the Cutler haters start in ......

jcut

Liked Posts:
Delighted

Wonder if Spartan etc will go fuck off and support a new team for the next 7 years

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Both need to watch their words carefully. I know Spartan and Bearmick aaren't happy, but please but civil guys.

To those who feel the need attack those two as well, please remain civil instead.

Delighted

Wonder if Spartan etc will go fuck off and support a new team for the next 7 years

:shifty:

Reactions: 1ke

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Maybe 9-11 per year like I said in another thread

There is no way its 9 i think the very least would be 14 per year. which if he left he would have gotten 17-20 per year.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mick seems like he doesn't have a blade to his own throat.... where is Spartan, everyone help me find Spartan.... I am going to hug him until he is too tired to commit suicide

Cutler will be the QB for two more seasons maximum before injury and/or incompetence forces him out. That was going to be the case whether he signed for 3 or 7 years. As for suicide watch, we've gotten through 28 years with no Superbowl win so a couple more isn't going to kill us :)

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
1de8e7e2_NicolasCageLaugh.gif

All that hoopla people saying Cutler was going on the outs.. Jimmies ruslted?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
YOU USE THAT SOOOOOO MUCH

WE GET IT YOU'RE LAUGHING LIKE THAT IRL GJ GJ GJ

idk if you think the guy looks cute or something but it's used a lotttttt
Is it not applicable?

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
Will be interesting to see the structure and if it's salary back loaded. I expect it to be but not necessarily to be cut like Peppers. By that time, if he plays well enough, he'll be worth the dough. If not, there's a way out. You could say the same about Peppers but I never thought he'd be worth his final 2 years.

yeah the problem with Pep's contract is so much money at the back end is still guaranteed. if cutler gets all or most of the guaranteed money up front, then the salary #'s can be monstrous at the end

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Cutler will be the QB for two more seasons maximum before injury and/or incompetence forces him out. That was going to be the case whether he signed for 3 or 7 years. As for suicide watch, we've gotten through 28 years with no Superbowl win so a couple more isn't going to kill us :)

Make no mistake though, all you morons celebrating - as long as Cutler is the starting QB, your Bears will not win the Superbowl. So suck on that and enjoy a few more years of failure.
80451-goodfellas-laughing-gif-Imgur-mWjs.gif

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Thats all dependent on what the cap hit is for releasing him and how much of that money is guaranteed.

Bears1234

Liked Posts:
We will never win the NFC north as long as cutler is our pick throwing QB why can't we draft a non douche qb..

Frigidus

Liked Posts:
Interesting. If I were you guys I'd wait to hear about how much he's making yearly before I make any strong statements about the deal. If we're giving a longer than expected contract because we're paying less per year then I'm pretty happy with this.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Make no mistake though, all you morons celebrating - as long as Cutler is the starting QB, your Bears will not win the Superbowl. So suck on that and enjoy a few more years of failure.

To all the Cutler bashers I simply say "FUCK YOU" and a big hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!