2014 NBA Draft database (Mocks, player profiles, etc)

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
Someone's going to fall and we just have to pick them. What about Mitch McGary from Michigan? He is coming off injury but would anyone be willing to take a flyer on him because of his upside offensively and the fact he rebounds and passes pretty well for a big man like Noah.

czman

Liked Posts:
It won't be nearly that much. And he already has enough money to buy a country if he wants to. I believe that Melo wants to be mentioned among the elite in his generation in the NBA. To do that, he will need to win titles. He will have a chance to win at least three with the Bulls and none with the Knicks.

The Bulls are over the cap. To come within ~60 million the Bulls would have to move both Boozer and Gibson. Moving Boozer gets the Bulls about 8-10 under the cap depending on if and how much the cap goes up. The Bulls do are not in a good cap position when you consider they have to lose Deng and Boozer (two starters) and the Bulls game ~10 million in cap.

inactiveuser1

The Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
Someone's going to fall and we just have to pick them. What about Mitch McGary from Michigan? He is coming off injury but would anyone be willing to take a flyer on him because of his upside offensively and the fact he rebounds and passes pretty well for a big man like Noah.

Has he declared? I would be surprised if he didn't go back to school.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

yes....Mitch has incredible energy and would be a trip next to Noah. He is a concern and may fall to the second round with the depth of this draft, if we came away with him though I would feel good about adding to our front court depth with an athlete who is strong enough, agile enough, and farmboy big.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bulls are over the cap. To come within ~60 million the Bulls would have to move both Boozer and Gibson. Moving Boozer gets the Bulls about 8-10 under the cap depending on if and how much the cap goes up. The Bulls do are not in a good cap position when you consider they have to lose Deng and Boozer (two starters) and the Bulls game ~10 million in cap.

They are not over the cap. They have done just about possible to get under the cap, starting with Deng. They are under the cap very slightly. This is important because I think that there is a pretty severe penalty to go over the cap in two consecutive years. The question that will have to be answered is if Reinsdorf will allow the Bulls to go over the cap next year in order to win a championship. I think that he will by giving Melo whats he wants and what Reinsdorf wants. How the death of his son plays into all of it is another consideration.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
UNC forward James Michael McAdoo declares for NBA Draft.

czman

Liked Posts:
They are not over the cap. They have done just about possible to get under the cap, starting with Deng. They are under the cap very slightly. This is important because I think that there is a pretty severe penalty to go over the cap in two consecutive years. The question that will have to be answered is if Reinsdorf will allow the Bulls to go over the cap next year in order to win a championship. I think that he will by giving Melo whats he wants and what Reinsdorf wants. How the death of his son plays into all of it is another consideration.

You have no clue what you are talking about. The Bulls are over the cap but under the tax. There is no use in continuing this with you.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm on the Kyle anderson bandwagon.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I'm on the Kyle anderson bandwagon.

im hearing comparisons to the CCS great......Boris Diaw :troll:

im still not high on Anderson....sure his point forward skills are interesting but having no athleticism whatsoever brings him down for me

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anderson reminds me of a less athletic Evan Turner. He's got to have a consistent jumper if he's going to do be good in the NBA. That said, a 6'9" dude with ball handling abilities like his is unique and if we had that kind of playmaking at the 3, even off the bench, I think that'd be a good asset. His court vision was excellent from what I've seen from him and UCLA suffered without him on the floor. Defensively, I think Thibs could hide him well enough if he's really bad, but I think his length can make up a little for what his athleticism lacks in Thibs' system, especially if he's got Taj and Joakim behind him to help.
Anderson is a poor man's Michael Carter Williams

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
im telling yall right now we are drafting Nik Stauskas with one of the picks

this guy screams future bull...you might as well pre order his jersey

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
im telling yall right now we are drafting Nik Stauskas with one of the picks

this guy screams future bull...you might as well pre order his jersey

Most mocks right now don't even have him falling to the Bulls first pick.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Most mocks right now don't even have him falling to the Bulls first pick.

well if hes there when we pick

im kinda surprised hes not getting more love i thought he would be a guy ppl liked on here

but it seems Kyle Anderson is the guy everybody loves but give me Nik over him any day

the only guy i would take over him that might be in our range would be LaVine

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
well if hes there when we pick

im kinda surprised hes not getting more love i thought he would be a guy ppl liked on here

but it seems Kyle Anderson is the guy everybody loves but give me Nik over him any day

the only guy i would take over him that might be in our range would be LaVine

I think people are beating too hard on the Kyle Anderson "lack of athleticism" thing. He's not in the mold of James/Durant/George but he's a long strider so he's going to look slower anyways. He has more than enough to be a very good and productive NBA player. He reminds me of Lamar Odom athletically coming out except with more true PG skills. Odom was more towards the forward side of the Point Forward equation. Anderson is a more towards the PG side of the description. Like I mentioned above, he's a little bit less athletic Michael Carter Williams.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
i think he will be a solid role player too just not high on him

i want to stack up with shooters...im so tired of being a bad shooting team

i also want a guard not a forward so we can move Jimmy to SF

so with that im not that interested

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think people are beating too hard on the Kyle Anderson "lack of athleticism" thing. He's not in the mold of James/Durant/George but he's a long strider so he's going to look slower anyways. He has more than enough to be a very good and productive NBA player. He reminds me of Lamar Odom athletically coming out except with more true PG skills. Odom was more towards the forward side of the Point Forward equation. Anderson is a more towards the PG side of the description. Like I mentioned above, he's a little bit less athletic Michael Carter Williams.
This is a fair assessment, and I don't think anybody would be disappointed with a mid-round Odom type, but most people don't post here. I like his size compared to ennis and other PGs I've seen mocked.

Can't rely on Rose's health anymore, and you need a plan b.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Anderson will play SF....hes too slow to guard PG's

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Plus I think having both anderson and rose on the floor presents a ton of matchup problems

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
i think he will be a solid role player too just not high on him

i want to stack up with shooters...im so tired of being a bad shooting team

i also want a guard not a forward so we can move Jimmy to SF

so with that im not interested
Chicago is ina really really difficult position of where to go with draft picks and signings. The Rose injury puts everything in this holding pattern. Do you move forward and build the team as though Rose will come back and be healthy on a consistent basis? Do you start trying to draft a guy that might be able to take over for him if he isn't? How do you view the roster construction of this team based on the organizational view of Rose(either on or off the record).

It has to be tough for the Bulls to build a team or plan a building pattern if they can't even know if their main cog is going to be a part of it on a consistent basis.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
i say move forward and build the team as though Rose will come back and be healthy on a consistent basis

because if Rose cant stay healthy i'd rather blow the team up instead of having 5 more years of seasons like this