2015-16 NBA Around the League Thread

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
why are there political posts in an NBA thread?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
That would seriously be unfair. The only fun part about that would be watching LeBron never win a championship in Cleveland. Or ever again.

And I want to see Durant get dragged through the mud like Lebron was. Will be interesting.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
why are there political posts in an NBA thread?

CRQdXg0XAAAARpq.png

better? :)

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
And I want to see Durant get dragged through the mud like Lebron was. Will be interesting.

Lebron was not dragged through the mud for teaming up with players. He was dragged through the mud for having a massive celebration to announce where he was going. Lebron made a spectacle of himself. Then, he was positive they were just going to crush the NBA. Don't do call it moments. The media and fans don't forget. Lebron created a lot of problems for himself.

Durant is reserved and just goes out and plays. I thought years ago the Thunder should have traded out Westbrook because I don't believe you can win tight games with his style of play. Also, it would allow Durant to be the complete alpha which is what he needs.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Lebron was not dragged through the mud for teaming up with players. He was dragged through the mud for having a massive celebration to announce where he was going. Lebron made a spectacle of himself. Then, he was positive they were just going to crush the NBA. Don't do call it moments. The media and fans don't forget. Lebron created a lot of problems for himself.

Durant is reserved and just goes out and plays. I thought years ago the Thunder should have traded out Westbrook because I don't believe you can win tight games with his style of play. Also, it would allow Durant to be the complete alpha which is what he needs.

How is Durant going to be the complete Alpha when Curry is there? Also, all of these cities in the hunt for Lebron's services were waiting with bated breath...hoping he called their name...when he didn't...then they hated him. Some hated him from the start. He was over the top in making the decision...something others made more money from than he did...but the hate he received wasn't warranted.

People knocked Lebron for leaving his hometown and going elsewhere to win. The spectacle was beneficial to a lot more people...but if Durant leaves Westbrook to go to Golden State...how is that different? Lebron never had a player as good as Westbrook in Cleveland.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
How is Durant going to be the complete Alpha when Curry is there? Also, all of these cities in the hunt for Lebron's services were waiting with bated breath...hoping he called their name...when he didn't...then they hated him. Some hated him from the start. He was over the top in making the decision...something others made more money from than he did...but the hate he received wasn't warranted.

People knocked Lebron for leaving his hometown and going elsewhere to win. The spectacle was beneficial to a lot more people...but if Durant leaves Westbrook to go to Golden State...how is that different? Lebron never had a player as good as Westbrook in Cleveland.
Is it hard for you to believe that some people have never liked LeBron period? So the things he does just gets him hated on more and more?

Ive never liked him. I never cared for him. He's always rubbed me the wrong way and often screamed "entitlement" to me. His decision to join two other stars in a free agency game backed up my feelings and his way of doing it also backed up my feelings. The way he has acted since coming back to Cleveland has further screamed that to me.

That said, if he had come to Chicago, I'd be cool with it, because as a fan I want to see my team win. And no the situation wouldn't be much different than as it did play out.

As far as Durant, if he went to golden state that'd be worse than LeBron, because no one is saying any other team will beat golden state then. But he'll never get the flak LeBron does because Durant carries himself differently. LeBron has this huge unlikability factor, while Durant does not.

Sent from the mod station in Nome, Alaska.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
I, for one, never wanted Lebron to come to Chicago. Somehow winning the east without going through one of lebron's teams didn't seem right. Although we never even came close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Durant wouldn't do it Apollo Creed style. Also, my alpha comments was if the Thunder traded Westbrook not if Durant was traded to GS. Also, if Durant is traded, he didn't forcefully make the decision to be traded. Lebron sat there and made this Apollo creed spectacle to fuck over his hometown. He didn't even announce to them the decision. They learned about it when everyone else did. This is nothing like Lebron and to compare the two situations is laughable.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Durant wouldn't do it Apollo Creed style. Also, my alpha comments was if the Thunder traded Westbrook not if Durant was traded to GS. Also, if Durant is traded, he didn't forcefully make the decision to be traded. Lebron sat there and made this Apollo creed spectacle to fuck over his hometown. He didn't even announce to them the decision. They learned about it when everyone else did. This is nothing like Lebron and to compare the two situations is laughable.

Durant is no better a human being than Lebron James. Because one is more flamboyant than the other means nothing because Lebron hasn't done anything immoral, criminal or otherwise. He chose to go to another city to win. However, nobody calls Durant a loser, nobody calls him a failure...nobody gives him a hard time because he is considered some mild mannered docile creature who just plays basketballs and plays with butterfiles....I call bullshit.

Lebron is hated because he is Apollo Creed...and he backed it up. He danced and hyped his game in commercials...the way others do, its just he's better.

But check the stats....he was NEVER as hated before the decision as he was after. Matter of fact he was loved. And the thing is, that is what he wants. He never wanted to be Darth Vader....others made him that. But his character is no worse than other star players, and in some instances...better.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Durant is no better a human being than Lebron James. Because one is more flamboyant than the other means nothing because Lebron hasn't done anything immoral, criminal or otherwise. He chose to go to another city to win. However, nobody calls Durant a loser, nobody calls him a failure...nobody gives him a hard time because he is considered some mild mannered docile creature who just plays basketballs and plays with butterfiles....I call bullshit.

Lebron is hated because he is Apollo Creed...and he backed it up. He danced and hyped his game in commercials...the way others do, its just he's better.

But check the stats....he was NEVER as hated before the decision as he was after. Matter of fact he was loved. And the thing is, that is what he wants. He never wanted to be Darth Vader....others made him that. But his character is no worse than other star players, and in some instances...better.

Every NBA player comes in the league screaming entitlement one way or another. ESPN broadcast his high school games! What were you expecting? Do you remember how humble Dwight Howard was at one point prior to getting drafted? These player growing hearing that they are the shit, yet for some reason if they believe it...they're wrong? Don't hate the player...hate the game.

And I don't understand how his joining two stars "backs up your feelings" whatever those were...but Durant...because he is "quiet" can go join other superstars and its not a problem...makes no sense.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Tell that to his coaches

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lebron and Dwight Howard are gonna be on the new episode of teen titans, if that factors into this discussion at all..

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
on paper KD joining the Warriors would be amazing but you gotta ask is that too many dicks in the kitchen?

Curry/Klay/Dray/Durant is allot of touches to go around

you can't pass on a player like KD though but i wouldn't be surprised if it flopped when i really think about it

Boston/Miami worked because players were willing to sacrifice big time. not sure Warriors/Durant have that mindset yet.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not even talking about when he almost got Spoelstra the boot as well

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
on paper KD joining the Warriors would be amazing but you gotta ask is that too many dicks in the kitchen?

Curry/Klay/Dray/Durant is allot of touches to go around

you can't pass on a player like KD though but i wouldn't be surprised if it flopped when i really think about it

They are the most unselfish team in the league. I watched them against OKC and their movement is unreal. None of them give two shits if they score

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
To enjoy their unemployment with those millions?

Their unemployment is Lebron's fault...when he is the reason they maintained jobs in the first place? Mike Brown got another job after leaving Cleveland...how did he do?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
They are the most unselfish team in the league. I watched them against OKC and their movement is unreal. None of them give two shits if they score

They have their alpha dogs though. Curry and Thompson give a damn about scoring...trust me.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
They have their alpha dogs though. Curry and Thompson give a damn about scoring...trust me.

Yea, they care when they have a wide open to deuce and kick it out for 3. You seem to be really muddy about KD and golden state.