2015 Baseball Hall of Fame elections

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Human nature? IF, and that's a big IF, it is, we are to fight it.
The analogy is a stretch with the President.
Back to Rose....
He didn't admit it until he profited from it. Before that he not only denied it, but multiple times lied about it when given the chance to come clean. And that is just alright with you.

EDIT: Changed admitted to denied

He profited from it. Yep, just like baseball profited off him. Yet again, baseball had no problem with him being involved when it had to do with money.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Would it have changed the outcome? If the rule is the rule, would it have changed the outcome?

Yeah, it's possible. Doing the right thing is never wrong outside of the most dire of circumstances.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, it's possible. Doing the right thing is never wrong outside of the most dire of circumstances.

It wouldnt. He did what most human nature tells you to do and that's deny. I know we arent going to agree on this based on other convo's you have had so lets just leave it alone.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
He profited from it. Yep, just like baseball profited off him. Yet again, baseball had no problem with him being involved when it had to do with money.

No one argues that. It's a Selig tarnish for sure.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
It wouldnt. He did what most human nature tells you to do and that's deny. I know we arent going to agree on this based on other convo's you have had so lets just leave it alone.

We can leave it alone, but yes we disagree.

Liked Posts:
As SilenceS has stated repeatedly, betting may affect the outcome of the game. PEDS do affect the outcome of a game. I referenced Braun earlier in the thread.

I dislike it's usage in football and have a general dislike for unnatural athletes as an on-the-field product.

Doubtful. It goes back to andro being seen in Mac's locker and the sheer ease at which roid monsters were destroying offensive records, not jut Sosa, McGuire and Bonds. You had a lead-off hitter in Baltimore who never hit for power pull out a 50+ HR season. Fans got sick of it quickly.

Voters want to punish Bonds more than they do Clemens.

This post is so desperate and weak. I'm not even going to respond to most of it as its self evident and, for that reason, a waste of time. But I will respond to one portion that highlights how weak and desperate it is. It was really dumb to reference the andro. The reason is, as was discussed earlier in the thread, the media was very tolerant of the andro and even went beyond treating it with kid gloves. This is a big reason why I referenced the media not going after PEDs as hard until it was linked to Boñds. Amazingly, you were stupid enough to reference this as if it helps your argument some how, when it's the opposite. You're clearly just throwing shit against the wall now.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
This post is so desperate and weak. I'm not even going to respond to most of it as its self evident and, for that reason, a waste of time. But I will respond to one portion that highlights how weak and desperate it is. It was really dumb to reference the andro. The reason is, as was discussed earlier in the thread, the media was very tolerant of the andro and even went beyond treating it with kid gloves. This is a big reason why I referenced the media not going after PEDs as hard until it was linked to Boñds. Amazingly, you were stupid enough to reference this as if it helps your argument some how, when it's the opposite. You're clearly just throwing shit against the wall now.
This is you-

herp.jpg

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cbs is reporting that the new commish is having a meeting regarding Pete rose eligibility for the hall. I'm reading the commish is behind reinstating his hall eligibility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Cbs is reporting that the new commish is having a meeting regarding Pete rose eligibility for the hall. I'm reading the commish is behind reinstating his hall eligibility

As long as Jackson gets reinstated first

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

it would be so sweeeet!

Sent from My Iphone 6 Plus Using Tapatalk