2015 NBA Playoffs Second Round Series Discussion Thread

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The Rockets can suck a dick. How da fuq you are going to be dismatnled by an Austin Rivers lead pg team. On your home court, you were just fucked up by a team without their best players. They just cost a bunch of money because Dwight Howard is a pussy and James Harden looked like he was sleep walking all game. Da fuck?
Didn't you lose money on the Cavs too? All around bad night for you?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't you lose money on the Cavs too? All around bad night for you?

Na, I had that bet going both ways. I only parlay bets. I dont single bet. Now, where the Bulls got me was the over. It was 196. I still cant figure out how yall did not score over a 100.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Na, I had that bet going both ways. I only parlay bets. I dont single bet. Now, where the Bulls got me was the over. It was 196. I still cant figure out how yall did not score over a 100.
You can thank Taj, Butler, and Dunleavy for missing gimme free throws at the end of the game.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
you came at me with the whole garbage about you "betting your bets have been better than mine." not the other way around brah

:bro:

Cause you made a ridiculous claim about I should know better then bet the Rockets. Lol Number 2 seed at home against a team missing their superstar point guard. The bet was solid. Its just the way she goes. I dont get mad when I lose bets. I get mad when I see a team lay down and I happen to have money on them. I love sports and I love competition and the Rockets just blew my mind how they acted like they gave no shits.

The Rockets didnt cost me a chunk of change. They stopped me from winning a chunk of change on a parlay. Todays another day. The life of a junkie

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Cause you made a ridiculous claim about I should know better then bet the Rockets. Lol Number 2 seed at home against a team missing their superstar point guard. The bet was solid. Its just the way she goes. I dont get mad when I lose bets. I get mad when I see a team lay down and I happen to have money on them. I love sports and I love competition and the Rockets just blew my mind how they acted like they gave no shits.

The Rockets didnt cost me a chunk of change. They stopped me from winning a chunk of change on a parlay. Todays another day. The life of a junkie

that's only your opinion that its ridiculous. IMO betting on the rockets is asking to lose $ in the playoffs. even without paul, the clippers are a better overall team IMO. rockets play zero defense. deandre can handle Dwight in the post as well as anyone can and guys like matt barnes can keep harden in check. rockets = pretenders IMO

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
that's only your opinion that its ridiculous. IMO betting on the rockets is asking to lose $ in the playoffs. even without paul, the clippers are a better overall team IMO. rockets play zero defense. deandre can handle Dwight in the post as well as anyone can and guys like matt barnes can keep harden in check. rockets = pretenders IMO
Um, what? They played plenty of defense during the season. They have gone against two of the best offenses in the league two rounds in a row. And yes they did look completely disinterested at the end of the game last night, but thats a matter of coaching than anything else.

I agree they are pretenders, but I can certainly understand Silence's logic in taking that bet.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Um, what? They played plenty of defense during the season. They have gone against two of the best offenses in the league two rounds in a row. And yes they did look completely disinterested at the end of the game last night, but thats a matter of coaching than anything else.

I agree they are pretenders, but I can certainly understand Silence's logic in taking that bet.

harden gambles all the time to get steals, when he misses he gets burned badly. Dwight plays for the highlight block and thus over pursues plays and gets beat on the back end a lot. you are entitled to your opinions though on Houston, as I am my own. :shrug:

keep in mind you could have taken the clips +7.5 if you believe them to be pretenders as I do, wouldn't you take the opponent getting 7.5 points??

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
harden gambles all the time to get steals, when he misses he gets burned badly. Dwight plays for the highlight block and thus over pursues plays and gets beat on the back end a lot. you are entitled to your opinions though on Houston, as I am my own. :shrug:

keep in mind you could have taken the clips +7.5 if you believe them to be pretenders as I do, wouldn't you take the opponent getting 7.5 points??

CP3 on the court. No. There was no CP3

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wall out for Wizards, should make things easier for Hawks.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Wall out for Wizards, should make things easier for Hawks.

that it did. and conley is back for the grizz and playing very well....up 50 to 39 on the Dubs in GS, holding GS to just under 40% shooting for the half holding curry/Thompson to 14 points on 6 of 19 shooting. conley is making a huge impact as him and allen have done a great job defending the splash bros

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The Warriors didn't seem to game plan for Conley what so ever. Coupled with a bad shooting night and the fact things in the paint just didn't go in, not surprised they didn't win. Conley will definitely make it a more interesting series.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
that it did. and conley is back for the grizz and playing very well....up 50 to 39 on the Dubs in GS, holding GS to just under 40% shooting for the half holding curry/Thompson to 14 points on 6 of 19 shooting. conley is making a huge impact as him and allen have done a great job defending the splash bros
Ya boys got a W...must feel pretty darn good

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The Warriors didn't seem to game plan for Conley what so ever. Coupled with a bad shooting night and the fact things in the paint just didn't go in, not surprised they didn't win. Conley will definitely make it a more interesting series.

you have to give at least SOME credit to the defense of conley and tony allen...steph curry and especially klay Thompson were being harassed all game long defensively. and conley made steph curry work on the other end of the court by attacking him with the ball.

and if the warriors didn't gameplan for conley at all, then that is Steve Kerr's fault(maybe he isn't as great of a coach as everyone thinks)...but I personally don't buy into that at all.

and of course things weren't going in in the paint....gasol and zbo own the paint, the warriors are soft inside as ive been saying for quite sometime. there just aren't many teams with enough talented bigs to make the warriors pay, but the grizz are one of them

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
you have to give at least SOME credit to the defense of conley and tony allen...steph curry and especially klay Thompson were being harassed all game long defensively. and conley made steph curry work on the other end of the court by attacking him with the ball.

and if the warriors didn't gameplan for conley at all, then that is Steve Kerr's fault(maybe he isn't as great of a coach as everyone thinks)...but I personally don't buy into that at all.

and of course things weren't going in in the paint....gasol and zbo own the paint, the warriors are soft inside as ive been saying for quite sometime. there just aren't many teams with enough talented bigs to make the warriors pay, but the grizz are one of them
I only watched the first half but I saw GSW miss so many what looked like easy layups in side.. Not as open as Joakim Noah in game 1, but somewhat similar.

And Steve Kerr is a rookie HC. He's going to make rookie mistakes.

I know you love your Grizzlies and all but when Conley was announced as playing, I thought GS would probably drop this game as he was going to have a big game as I didn't view the Grizzlies exactly being prepared for what was coming.

Grizzlies have good defense, but so do the Warriors. We'll see what happens in Memphis. Maybe in the end you're right about this Memphis team and they'll pull an upset and knock out one of the greatest regular season teams.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I only watched the first half but I saw GSW miss so many what looked like easy layups in side.. Not as open as Joakim Noah in game 1, but somewhat similar.

And Steve Kerr is a rookie HC. He's going to make rookie mistakes.

I know you love your Grizzlies and all but when Conley was announced as playing, I thought GS would probably drop this game as he was going to have a big game as I didn't view the Grizzlies exactly being prepared for what was coming.

Grizzlies have good defense, but so do the Warriors. We'll see what happens in Memphis. Maybe in the end you're right about this Memphis team and they'll pull an upset and knock out one of the greatest regular season teams.

GS has game planned for conley Im sure. I will agree that when conley was announced to play I felt they would win, simply because of the emotional boost it was to his teammates. the thing that surprised me though was just how dominant conley played. he had been sick and throwing up after the surgery because of the medicine and what not and had lost weight and energy.

and of course the warriors have a great defense too. I just remember you guys all saying how the only way you can beat the warriors is to score a ton of points because they don't lose if you don't score over 100....well the grizz managed to be the first team this year to beat GS while scoring under 100 points this season....so it seems as though it is possible to grit and grind them to a W

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If the Grizz can hold GS under 100 and win 4 times, I will give them all the props in the world

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
If the Grizz can hold GS under 100 and win 4 times, I will give them all the props in the world

the game actually resembled an eastern conference game IMO. two very good defensive teams going at it

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
the game actually resembled an eastern conference game IMO. two very good defensive teams going at it
No doubt. I just expect GS to go back to their hot shooting ways. Memphis is a great defensive team, but at the same time, GS is one of the best offensive teams and all things being equal, great offense tends to beat great defense. Ups to Memphis for this game, but I expect GS to come roaring back in game 2 much like I expect the Cavs to do tonight.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No doubt. I just expect GS to go back to their hot shooting ways. Memphis is a great defensive team, but at the same time, GS is one of the best offensive teams and all things being equal, great offense tends to beat great defense. Ups to Memphis for this game, but I expect GS to come roaring back in game 2 much like I expect the Cavs to do tonight.
You mean Game 3. They just played Game 2.

I wouldnt be surprised if this series went 6-7 games though.