Liked Posts:
SP

Hammel: 2-1 3.60 ERA 1.15 WHIP 7.65 SO/9
Wood: 1-1 4.19 ERA 1.50 WHIP 6.13 SO/9
Arrieta: 2-1 5.40 ERA 1.70 WHIP 9 SO/9
Jackson: 1-1 7.59 ERA 1.97 WHIP 5.29 SO/9
Lester: 0-1 6.48 ERA 1.44 WHIP 9.75 SO/9
Hendricks: 1-0 0.00 ERA 0.43 WHIP 5.14 SO/9

Lester and Hendricks have been pitching in "B" games that don't count towards stats. This is to give Wood and Jackson a chance to compete and Jokisch has been taking Lester's spot.

First impression:
Hammel is looking like the guy we had last year.
Hendricks has been dominate even in his "B" games.
Maddon needs to get off of the fence with Wood and Jackson and define their roles on the team. "Sharing the 5?" So start one and let the 2nd finish the game to give the pen a day off? About the only thing that makes sense to me. That is pretty outside of the box and fits Maddon. Still a waste of a roster spot IMO.

Has been dominant.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
3B is a league wide weak position. If Olt brings + D 20 HR's and a .350 OBA (His walks are a strong point so it is a realistic possibility) He will have strong trade value. I still see Theo moving Bryant to LF and promoting Russell later year at 3B. I do not see them dealing out Castro to open up playing time for Russell.

As long as Olt can keep his SO's around 30% he should find success.

Olt looked like he was swinging the bat pretty good to me yesterday. I'm not sure people are giving him enough credit.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Spring training still gets lost on some people.

Personally, I'm tired of all the 'experts' telling me it's spring training. STFU! It's what we've got to watch right now. If you want to ignore ST, then please ignore the ST thread as well. But for people that want to talk about their team in the ST thread, please STFU about the fact that it's ST. No fuckin shit Sherlock!!!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Personally, I'm tired of all the 'experts' telling me it's spring training. STFU! It's what we've got to watch right now. If you want to ignore ST, then please ignore the ST thread as well. But for people that want to talk about their team in the ST thread, please STFU about the fact that it's ST. No fuckin shit Sherlock!!!

Calm down 3 year old. Its a discussion board. People can state their opinion without you getting all butt hurt.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Calm down 3 year old. Its a discussion board. People can state their opinion without you getting all butt hurt.

I'm calm dude, it's one thing to state your opinion, it's another to state the same opinion a 1000 times. There's no need for it. You act like you're saying something smart each time. Guess what? We all know it's ST, and we all know ST doesn't mean anything.

I don't need to be constantly reminded that it's ST by you. I played the game for many years. I liked the way Olt swung the bat yesterday. My eyes saw that. Does it mean it will transition to MVP numbers in the regular season? Of course not, but it doesn't mean I can't like what I'm seeing so far.

And I don't need you to keep me in line by constantly reminding me that it's ST, and it doesn't mean anything until regular season. You're not telling me, or anyone anything we don't already know, dude. Keep your negative opinions to yourself.

You must be the boring guy at a party no one wants to talk to, with no personality. The same bullshit over and over, no one wants to hear. It's a ST thread. Quit reminding everyone that it's ST in a ST thread. It's stupid, and a major bore. Go make an metric thread and impress all of your metric head buddies there.

But I'll talk about ST performances in the ST thread. Is that fuckin OK with you? And dude, I'm as calm as can be. Give that bullshit up too. You're just not clever enough to get me riled up!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm calm dude, it's one thing to state your opinion, it's another to state the same opinion a 1000 times. There's no need for it. You act like you're saying something smart each time. Guess what? We all know it's ST, and we all know ST doesn't mean anything.

I don't need to be constantly reminded that it's ST by you. I played the game for many years. I liked the way Olt swung the bat yesterday. My eyes saw that. Does it mean it will transition to MVP numbers in the regular season? Of course not, but it doesn't mean I can't like what I'm seeing so far.

And I don't need you to keep me in line by constantly reminding me that it's ST, and it doesn't mean anything until regular season. You're not telling me, or anyone anything we don't already know, dude. Keep your negative opinions to yourself.

You must be the boring guy at a party no one wants to talk to, with no personality. The same bullshit over and over, no one wants to hear. It's a ST thread. Quit reminding everyone that it's ST in a ST thread. It's stupid, and a major bore. Go make an metric thread and impress all of your metric head buddies there.

But I'll talk about ST performances in the ST thread. Is that fuckin OK with you? And dude, I'm as calm as can be. Give that bullshit up too. You're just not clever enough to get me riled up!

The page long response says otherwise.

:snoop:

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
The page long response says otherwise.

:snoop:

Don't flatter yourself, and get over yourself, it's not hard to actually type out a few sentences. I do it it in a lot of forums on CCS. But I guess constant antagonism and silly little gif's is what you think is doing a fine job as a Mod. :smh:

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
And back to some ST talk....... Cubs score 7 runs in the 1st against Colorado, but give up 4 runs in the 1st against Cincy.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Arrieta with a 3 run bomb and Travis Wood yesterday with the pinch hit home run. Got to love the thin air of Arizona.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Bryant already has 2 singles and a double today against the Rockies and still in the 3rd inning. :bizarro:

Edit to add: Bryant now 4 -4 .... in the 4th!!!!

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Funny how the offense seems to go crazy when their not on TV besides the game last week against the sox. ..
Now watch tomorrow game against Royals on TV they dont hit good...

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Funny how the offense seems to go crazy when their not on TV besides the game last week against the sox. ..

Yeah right, what pisses me off is I can't even find a good box score on the net to follow. At least it's on the radio today. :dunno: Crazy game today, tho. Cubs scored 14 runs and the 1-4 hitters don't even have any RBI's?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Yeah right, what pisses me off is I can't even find a good box score on the net to follow. At least it's on the radio today. :dunno: Crazy game today, tho. Cubs scored 14 runs and the 1-4 hitters don't even have any RBI's?
I use the mlb.com atbat app to follow, its pretty good with close to real time play by play and box score

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

It will be like that a lot during the season. The Cubs are a home run hitting team. They will have games that they explode and then go through a phase where they can't create runs. It's a balance that they are trying to figure out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
It will be like that a lot during the season. The Cubs are a home run hitting team. They will have games that they explode and then go through a phase where they can't create runs. It's a balance that they are trying to figure out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right. ..

I was just making a comment on how it seems we have been unlucky here to miss most of the games they were hitting well and scoring a bunch with the TV schedule. ..

Today they score a bunch of runs and tomorrow on TV they probably struggle. .. just find the timing funny ..that all

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I saw Motte got roughed up again. ..
thinking this guy gonna start season in Iowa

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Maddon is leaning to having the pitcher hit 8 and Soler hit #2.

So Something like

8 Pitcher
9 Alcantara (W/E position)
1 Fowler
2 Soler
3 Rizzo
4 ? (Eventually Bryant)

I'm starting to like the idea as Soler basically becomes a #3 hitter latter inning and gets on base at a good rate.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Maddon is leaning to having the pitcher hit 8 and Soler hit #2.

So Something like

8 Pitcher
9 Alcantara (W/E position)
1 Fowler
2 Soler
3 Rizzo
4 ? (Eventually Bryant)

I'm starting to like the idea as Soler basically becomes a #3 hitter latter inning and gets on base at a good rate.
Alcantara not starting. ..

Baez gonna be in that 9 hole