2016 PFF draft grades

jim4realz

Liked Posts:
QB would have been a mistake in the first rd imo. We got Cutler for another 2-3 years minimum and I personally don't like this year's QB crop. I like the move for Hoyer as a backup. I wanted a pass rusher, D lineman, or CB with our first pick so I'm happy with Floyd. Sure, he's less of a sure thing than some of the other top guys, but it's not like he didn't have a top grade and we reached for him.

EDIT: My b, I meant to quote the post two above mine where getting a QB in the first rd was mentioned.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Still can't believe Bullard in the 3rd.

Best value of this draft for us.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
QB would have been a mistake in the first rd imo. We got Cutler for another 2-3 years minimum and I personally don't like this year's QB crop. I like the move for Hoyer as a backup. I wanted a pass rusher, D lineman, or CB with our first pick so I'm happy with Floyd. Sure, he's less of a sure thing than some of the other top guys, but it's not like he didn't have a top grade and we reached for him.

soon......

900x900px-LL-3b4826d6_rails-train-off-wherewearegoing-backtothefuture-1338955001l.jpeg

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
Hub Arkush wrote a pretty interesting article on whether Pace is a BPA guy or a Best Athlete Available guy, or a needs guy. For those too lazy to read, basically he's saying that the first round last year and this year were sort of Best athlete with the highest upside, but the rest of the drafts have been for BPA and trying to solidify the team to having no true weaknesses. Use the first rounds to try and hit on the best potential guy and trust your coaching to bring it out in them.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/20...rs-gm-ryan-pace-knows-what-hes-doing/a5yqxss/

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hub Arkush wrote a pretty interesting article on whether Pace is a BPA guy or a Best Athlete Available guy, or a needs guy. For those too lazy to read, basically he's saying that the first round last year and this year were sort of Best athlete with the highest upside, but the rest of the drafts have been for BPA and trying to solidify the team to having no true weaknesses. Use the first rounds to try and hit on the best potential guy and trust your coaching to bring it out in them.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/20...rs-gm-ryan-pace-knows-what-hes-doing/a5yqxss/

Hub is a bit flawed...he said that we didn't need to draft a pass rusher on the team........many people disagreed with him including John Fox.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

I heard him talk about this on the radio and I think his arrogance is pretty short-sighted considering how well White played as a senior. It's not as if White lacked production, he played at a high level and did so with all the athletic traits you look for in a top-10 WR.à

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
I heard him talk about this on the radio and I think his arrogance is pretty short-sighted considering how well White played as a senior. It's not as if White lacked production, he played at a high level and did so with all the athletic traits you look for in a top-10 WR.à

Agreed, for me it was more the idea of swinging for the fences with certain players who have the potential to be elite but production or resume might not seem as good, while ensuring that the floor of the team is fairly high. I hope that it continues.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Questionable to who?? I mean people on a message board need to stop questioning what our GM or any GM in the NFL do cause the only thing you know about these kids is what you hear or see on the internet and tv and i'm pretty sure that there's a whole hell of a lot more into knowing what these kids can do then what anyone on here knows. Could you imagine if GM's did their drafting off of the way we see these kids?? Pace is a smart guy and has a smart team of coaches and scouts helping him evaluate these kids on a much deeper level then any of us can do.

JA, Matt Millen, Phil Emery, dozens of other fucktarded GMs. Unless they have won a SB which gives them benefit of the doubt, they sure as shite can and should be questioned.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
These PFF grades are LAUGHABLE. Which cricket playing crumpet eating pansy gave them that rating. The Duke of Earl? The Rochester of Benny? Lord of the Fly Ball?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
These PFF grades are LAUGHABLE. Which cricket playing crumpet eating pansy gave them that rating. The Duke of Earl? The Rochester of Benny? Lord of the Fly Ball?

you wouldn't be dissing crumpets if you'd actually tried them....crumpets with bacon, tomato and cheese on top......fucking awesome.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

Your overall lack of football comprehension is laughable. Don't ever quit your day job. You must pound Xanax and Ativan like Skittles.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Jesus, dude, the Bears have gotten As or Bs (mostly As) from EVERYONE—ESPN, NFLN, PFF, and a million websites. McShay said they had the best draft in the NFCN, and the best in the entire NFC.

Analyst/Affiliation/Draft Grade
Pete Prisco/CBS Sports A
Mel Kiper, Jr./ESPN A-
Steve Palazzolo/Pro Football Focus A-
Evan Silva/Rotoworld A-
Lindsay H. Jones/USA Today B+
Dan Kadar/SB Nation B+
Doug Farrar/Sports Illustrated B
Chad Reuter/NFL.com B

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Hub is a bit flawed...he said that we didn't need to draft a pass rusher on the team........many people disagreed with him including John Fox.
Hub also questioned the Whitehair pick saying he wasn't sure where Pace was going with the draft.

Hub likes to think he's the smartest guy in the room and often it backfires on him.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk