2016 Playoff Discussion Thread

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Russ will outplay Curry in game 6. OKC will close it out on Saturday.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Russ will outplay Curry in game 6. OKC will close it out on Saturday.

Role players. OKC has been beating GS because their role players stepped up. KD and Westbrook are always going to get theres. Last night, the bench and role players were not good.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Role players. OKC has been beating GS because their role players stepped up. KD and Westbrook are always going to get theres. Last night, the bench and role players were not good.

You're right, but for GS to win, I think Curry needs to win his matchup with Russ and Westbrook usually responds after a "meh" game. Especially one of this magnitude. I think Russ and KD both play better and smarter. GS better take care of the ball if they plan to win on the road.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I'm not giving Durant and RW a pass for last night. Yeah, they combined for 71 points. But it also took them 59 shots to get there, and they shot 39%. They also combined for 10 turnovers.

Ibaka and Adams played at about the same level as they have for the entire series. The only player on the bench that got worthy minutes was Dion Waiters. And yeah, he didn't show up. But if Durant and RW were more efficient, it wouldn't have mattered.

And every time OKC got close last night, what killed them? A RW or KD turnover on a fast break, which resulted in a GS fast break, which resulted in free throws a lot of the time. And when GS got off to an early lead, it was KD and RW that couldn't buy a shot. They were also the ones that brought them back in it. They live and they die by how well RW and KD play. Last night, they weren't good enough. When two players take 65% of the team's shots and hit only 39% of them, you'll probably have a very hard time winning.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
I saw OKC sort of go back to their regular season style last night, which was giving the ball to KD or RW and everyone getting out of the way. They won't win like that. Game 6 is the biggest game for them because if this thing goes back to Oakland for game 7, the Warriors will win.

Also, any takes on Westbrook laughing at the Curry defense question post-game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I saw OKC sort of go back to their regular season style last night, which was giving the ball to KD or RW and everyone getting out of the way. They won't win like that. Game 6 is the biggest game for them because if this thing goes back to Oakland for game 7, the Warriors will win.

I'm not sure if he was laughing because he thought Curry wasn't a good defender or if he's annoyed by all the Curry hype. Either way, Curry is an underrated defender and has quite frankly, played Russ about as well as you could play him this series. No one stops Westbrook but Curry has done a fine job defensively this series and throughout the year.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:

I think Wedtbrook is just sick of hearing about him because in his mind he's better and Curry can't guard him.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Regardless of why Westbrook laughed, it probably wasn't a good idea. You don't wanna risk giving Curry and the Warriors any more motivation. They already have enough as it is.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Curry played really good D in game 5. His hands were all in the passing lanes. Also, sorry guys, but looks like this Cavs and Raptors series going 7. Beat them by 10 on NBA2k16 and that dont lie.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure if he was laughing because he thought Curry wasn't a good defender or if he's annoyed by all the Curry hype. Either way, Curry is an underrated defender and has quite frankly, played Russ about as well as you could play him this series. No one stops Westbrook but Curry has done a fine job defensively this series and throughout the year.

This statement is ironic to me. This same narrative has been toted about Curry, yet overall westbrook has played him damn near flawlessly. He's pushed Curry off his game as much as you can ask of anyone, and far more than anyone expected of him.

While people are talking about Currys defense on west, not many are willing to talk about west's D on curry. Too often I'm hearing "he's not 100%" or some various other excuse, and quite frankly, it's bullshit. Maybe this is why westbrook felt slighted by the question.

Westbrook has been phenomenal this series, on both sides of the court, all while manning up against the 2 time MVP of the league. He deserves the praise, and far more.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
This statement is ironic to me. This same narrative has been toted about Curry, yet overall westbrook has played him damn near flawlessly. He's pushed Curry off his game as much as you can ask of anyone, and far more than anyone expected of him.

While people are talking about Currys defense on west, not many are willing to talk about west's D on curry. Too often I'm hearing "he's not 100%" or some various other excuse, and quite frankly, it's bullshit. Maybe this is why westbrook felt slighted by the question.

Westbrook has been phenomenal this series, on both sides of the court, all while manning up against the 2 time MVP of the league. He deserves the praise, and far more.

Oh, Westbrook deserves a ton of praise for sure. He's played phenomenal and yes, has done a good job on Curry....at the same time, it's a whole team effort and Curry has missed some shots he normally makes. Especially at the rim.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
solid game 6 in da wcf

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
OKC totally choked this game away

they took some of the worst shots ive seen...did they not realize they had the lead?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Welp, Thunder blewit.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Curry and Thompson cold blooded. My dick got hard to this game. Don't be weird

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
lol 3 straight turnovers on inbounds...ive never seen that

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I can't believe they pissed that game away.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Looks like talking about the demise of the Warriors was a bit premature. Curry and Thompson were just fucking outta control at the end. When those guys are hitting shots, it's such a beautiful thing to watch.

It's also laughable to me how people act like the historic Bulls teams would sweep the Warriors. What a joke. There is not a lot you can do when Curry and Thompson are shooting like this as no defender no matter how good is built to defend out to 35 feet for 40 minutes. Jordan and Pippen are great defenders but they never played anyone that could consistently hit shots this far out.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I had a feeling the Warriors would win these two games. It will be interesting to see what OKC we get in game 7. I just can't see the Warriors losing a game 7 at home.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like talking about the demise of the Warriors was a bit premature. Curry and Thompson were just fucking outta control at the end. When those guys are hitting shots, it's such a beautiful thing to watch.

It's also laughable to me how people act like the historic Bulls teams would sweep the Warriors. What a joke. There is not a lot you can do when Curry and Thompson are shooting like this as no defender no matter how good is built to defend out to 35 feet for 40 minutes. Jordan and Pippen are great defenders but they never played anyone that could consistently hit shots this far out.

96 Jordan was not the defender he was in 92. Just saying