2016 Playoff Discussion Thread

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is going to be delicious if GS actually loses this series

Steph Curry can start hitting blindfolded half court 3's at any moment though, so I'm not ready to say it's over.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Remember when the 96 Orlando Magic, all their firepower and uber dominant big-man went up 3-1 in the Eastern Conference Finals? Me neither.
Lol, yeah I think the debate is closed.

The Thunder have made Curry look human again too.

Sent from the mod retirement home in Bakersfield, California.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
So does this taint their legacy. I think it does. It's like that patriots team that won every single game except the one that mattered.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So does this taint their legacy. I think it does. It's like that patriots team that won every single game except the one that mattered.
Is much similar. Of course the series isn't over, but i can't possibly put them over the 96 Bulls regardless of what happens. . The 96 Bulls swept a superstar duo in Shaq and Penny while the 2016 Warriors are down 3-1 against the Durant - Westbrook duo.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
OKC's physical defense on Curry certainly lends credibility to those who want to say that the way to stop Curry is to beat him up.

tPraACl.gif

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Yeah, that's the soft and caressing version of the Jordan Rules.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I have my doubts that Curry is even at 85% this series. What's really killed them are the turnovers. Jesus Christ they're just giving the ball away and are playing more careless than scrubs at the park. Draymond and Curry especially. Forget the talk of Durant in the off-season, they need someone like Biyombo. They're getting killed on the boards and just don't have enough size and athleticism down there.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
we signed the wrong college coach apparently

this may be the second year in a row 2 rookie coaches make it to the finals

Championship organization: Pays top dollar for a proven winner in Billy Donovan

Scrub organization: Fires a top 5 coach to bring in a buddy who didn't accomplish anything in college and is a weenie

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have my doubts that Curry is even at 85% this series. What's really killed them are the turnovers. Jesus Christ they're just giving the ball away and are playing more careless than scrubs at the park. Draymond and Curry especially. Forget the talk of Durant in the off-season, they need someone like Biyombo. They're getting killed on the boards and just don't have enough size and athleticism down there.
Doesn't help that Bogut and Ezeli can't stay on the court due to foul trouble

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Doesn't help that Bogut and Ezeli can't stay on the court due to foul trouble

Nope. Even still, Bogut isn't athletic and doesn't move very well.

Gonna be an interesting off-season for GS. Do they really wanna pay Barnes a max? Not for the production he brings. Iggy is signed for another year and is 32. They're going to need not 1, but 2 wing players very soon. Does Livingston remain to backup Curry? What are they going to do with their front court? Ezeli is a FA. Obviously their core is Curry, Thompson, and Green but after those three, I'm not really sure who is a long term core piece.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Nope. Even still, Bogut isn't athletic and doesn't move very well.

Gonna be an interesting off-season for GS. Do they really wanna pay Barnes a max? Not for the production he brings. Iggy is signed for another year and is 32. They're going to need not 1, but 2 wing players very soon. Does Livingston remain to backup Curry? What are they going to do with their front court? Ezeli is a FA. Obviously their core is Curry, Thompson, and Green but after those three, I'm not really sure who is a long term core piece.
Teams rebuild their role players all the time if they have a good core. The Warriors just have to make some moves. As will okc in a few years assuming they retain both Westbrook and Durant.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Last season, the 3rd seed 56-win Clippers were up 3-1 against the Rockets. They blew the Rockets out in game 3 and 4 (124-99 and 128-95 respectively) in Houston. The Rockets stormed back and won it in 7.

This season, the 3rd seed 55-win Thunder are up 3-1 against the Warriors after blowing them out in games 3 and 4. Can the Warriors do what the Rockets did?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Last season, the 3rd seed 56-win Clippers were up 3-1 against the Rockets. They blew the Rockets out in game 3 and 4 (124-99 and 128-95 respectively) in Houston. The Rockets stormed back and won it in 7.

This season, the 3rd seed 55-win Thunder are up 3-1 against the Warriors after blowing them out in games 3 and 4. Can the Warriors do what the Rockets did?

I doubt it. I think OKC actually closes it out tomorrow. I don't believe Curry is playing close to full strength and Westy Durant are foaming at the mouth. Draymond has played and acted like a chump and Thompson can't do it by himself.

Teams rebuild their role players all the time if they have a good core. The Warriors just have to make some moves. As will okc in a few years assuming they retain both Westbrook and Durant.

It's not going to be very easy replacing Barnes, Iggy, Bogut, Livingston etc. I'm sure they'll do a decent job, but they won't be nearly as good. I'm beginning to wonder if they actually do keep Barnes as he's still young and they're a fairly older team.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And just like that, KD and RW are cold as all fuck.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Damn, I should have posted it for proof, but I had GS by 10 this game.