2017 Fantasy Advice Thread

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Stop setting your lineup and convince everyone else in the league to do the same.

Nothing ruins a league entirely more than players who quit and stop setting even a halfway competent lineup.

Mitchapalooza

Amari Cooper has been god awful.... I saw him on an opponents bench and clicked to see how he's been scoring this year.

Was like 3-6 pts every week except one week where he had 9 or 10.

Kinda shocking drop off.
Yeah he was thrown in a trade that I got so I'm hoping he can turn it around. If not no big deal cause I got more flex options. But yeah talk about regressing. Dude drops everything this year. Week 1 they threw it to him 3 straight times from the 1 and he dropped all 3 tds

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah he was thrown in a trade that I got so I'm hoping he can turn it around. If not no big deal cause I got more flex options. But yeah talk about regressing. Dude drops everything this year. Week 1 they threw it to him 3 straight times from the 1 and he dropped all 3 tds

Meanwhile, Crabtree has been very good to me.

Mitchapalooza

Benched Carr and Cooper lmao oh man. 84.2 pts between the two in my league. Oh well, luckily i face one of the worst teams this week, still projected to win by 20+

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I benched Carr, I think that is reasonable given his injury and Thursday night game.

In my big money league, one team traded Cooper to the team he was playing earlier this week. He is fuming lmao.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
I benched Carr, I think that is reasonable given his injury and Thursday night game.

In my big money league, one team traded Cooper to the team he was playing earlier this week. He is fuming lmao.

Most thought he would eventually snap out of the slump, it was more a concern of when it would happen.

Last place team in my league going against #3. Went from no chance of winning to a projected favorite. The higher ranked guy is fuming today. Changed team name to F U Cooper. Stomped over and told me if he loses this week, he's trading away his entire team.

Should be a fun weekend in my league hahahaha

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Most thought he would eventually snap out of the slump, it was more a concern of when it would happen.

Last place team in my league going against #3. Went from no chance of winning to a projected favorite. The higher ranked guy is fuming today. Changed team name to F U Cooper. Stomped over and told me if he loses this week, he's trading away his entire team.

Did you say R-E-L-A-X?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
In one league, I traded Gore for Cooper last week. Too bad I didn't play him. I was going to wait until he started trending upwards again. Guess I can play him next week. That said, in one league, I had him and Carr going because of byes to Stafford and Will Fuller. Couldn't have better timing. And I considered playing Gillislee over him.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Fucking h8 Brate... but I've moved on from OJ Howard.

Also, so much for AP being washed up and useless.... dude is very fantasy relevant.

Brate's fantastic. He's saved my ass from Greg Olsen. Someone dropped him right when Olsen went down. It was either him, Charles Clay, or Julius Thomas. He's scored every week since I grabbed him.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Wow, someone takes this shit a little too serious.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Brate's fantastic. He's saved my ass from Greg Olsen. Someone dropped him right when Olsen went down. It was either him, Charles Clay, or Julius Thomas. He's scored every week since I grabbed him.

I also have Evan Engram so it's a decision every week who to play. I know the week I play Brate, he won't score a TD.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Wow, someone takes this shit a little too serious.

Company executive at that. He won't go to that extreme I don't think. I've learned that fantasy football means anything can happen. Projected to win by 30 means nothing on game day.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
In one league, I traded Gore for Cooper last week. Too bad I didn't play him. I was going to wait until he started trending upwards again. Guess I can play him next week. That said, in one league, I had him and Carr going because of byes to Stafford and Will Fuller. Couldn't have better timing. And I considered playing Gillislee over him.

Gore for Cooper is a great trade. Upside of Cooper is much higher than Gore. I considered making a trade for him as well, just didn't pull the trigger. My loss.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I also have Evan Engram so it's a decision every week who to play. I know the week I play Brate, he won't score a TD.

Then keep him on the bench, he's all I got at TE.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Gore for Cooper is a great trade. Upside of Cooper is much higher than Gore. I considered making a trade for him as well, just didn't pull the trigger. My loss.

My team was horrendous. I had WRs but no RBs. I had Duke Johnson, Frank Gore, & Theo Riddick. I picked up Chris Hogan and traded him for Murray & Henry. The I traded Hilton for Martin. After that, I tried getting a solid WR for Gore. I thought dude might be fed up with Cooper and made the offer. Team is solid now with decent depth.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Do you guys think David Johnson is coming back this year? Guy who has him in my league is desperate and I think I could steal DJ from his bench for a good TE or WR, but I don't know if he's coming back especially after the AP signing.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Do you guys think David Johnson is coming back this year? Guy who has him in my league is desperate and I think I could steal DJ from his bench for a good TE or WR, but I don't know if he's coming back especially after the AP signing.

If he is, it will be in week 15 or so. Haven't heard much about progress accelerating it any sooner yet. I wouldn't trade straight up for him.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If he is, it will be in week 15 or so. Haven't heard much about progress accelerating it any sooner yet. I wouldn't trade straight up for him.

It's a ballsy move that could pay off, but if it's not until week 15 then it probably won't be worth it as they will work him back easy into the offense. If they are out of playoff contention there won't be any reason to play him.