2017 Fantasy Advice Thread

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
you now wish you bid more for him

I would have paid 15 for him....

Still makes me lolz you bid based on my post here.

But 12$ looks like a steal.... im surprised no one in ur league mortgaged their house for AP.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:

But 12$ looks like a steal.... im surprised no one in ur league mortgaged their house for AP.

Kinda wish I would have thrown big money just to have a piece to dangle this week for more upgrading. Knew that he was going to be $30+ though, and there's still a ways to go in the season.

Might turn out to be this year's Ajayi.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

actually my original bid was $12, with OBJ going down needed to gamble a bit but didn't want to break the bank on AP. figured if he panned out I could have a RB heavy lineup now.

Mitchapalooza

Put up 140 pts without AJ Green or Mixon in my money league and lost by 20. Hate weeks like this. Would've beat anyone else.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Put up 140 pts without AJ Green or Mixon in my money league and lost by 20. Hate weeks like this. Would've beat anyone else.

Good lord. I think 140 would be very close to league high for our league this year.

Yep, just looked. Two of us scored 140 a few weeks ago, and that was league high. Probably have one hit 145-150 this week. Scoring that much and losing is just painful.

Mitchapalooza

Good lord. I think 140 would be very close to league high for our league this year.

Yep, just looked. Two of us scored 140 a few weeks ago, and that was league high. Probably have one hit 145-150 this week. Scoring that much and losing is just painful.

Is your league 1 pt PPR? that's how mine is. We had a guy score like 193 last week, insane.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Is your league 1 pt PPR? that's how mine is. We had a guy score like 193 last week, insane.

We dropped down to .5 PPR this year. Too many times last year where slot receivers racked up tons of catches, but not lots of yardage or scores, but made the game a blowout. So we dropped down a little to help even things out.

Don't think we had anything near 190 all of last year though. That would be an incredible week! I think 170 was about our top end.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Tuesdays are exhausting. I have to go through all of my teams and assess damage/byes, figure out the WW and set line ups.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Tuesdays are exhausting. I have to go through all of my teams and assess damage/byes, figure out the WW and set line ups.

Yeah, there's a reason I'm only in one league. Going through multiples, trying to do waivers and trades and all that would become too much like work lol

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
3 leagues... I sit down on Tuesdays and do waivers for all 3.... usually takes 10-20 mins at most.

I am now 4-2 in all 3 leagues.

I might have a shot in all 3 this year.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah, there's a reason I'm only in one league. Going through multiples, trying to do waivers and trades and all that would become too much like work lol

I'm in 4, but only 2 money leagues. I really only pay attention to the two money leagues, but I still have to pay attention to the others because nobody wants to be in a league where people don't set their line up. I am going to try and knock it down to two next season.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
In 5 money leagues, all but one are with ESPN...I probably spend about 15 minutes assessing what needs I have and make the proper claims for all my teams in the AM and then review everything before i go to bed to make sure I am good with everything. It's not too bad.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
In 5 money leagues, all but one are with ESPN...I probably spend about 15 minutes assessing what needs I have and make the proper claims for all my teams in the AM and then review everything before i go to bed to make sure I am good with everything. It's not too bad.

I guess if most were in the same place, it probably wouldn't be terrible.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I guess if most were in the same place, it probably wouldn't be terrible.

definitely makes things easier...having to look at multiple apps sucks. but with 4 of the 5 on ESPN I can easily go to each team and make the moves needed

Mitchapalooza

trade raped my friend and got Mike Evans and Doug from him so now my receivers are AJ Green, Mike Evans, Gronk at TE and Amari Cooper (who i'm gonna bench in favor of a RB in flex until he gets back to being good)

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
trade raped my friend and got Mike Evans and Doug from him so now my receivers are AJ Green, Mike Evans, Gronk at TE and Amari Cooper (who i'm gonna bench in favor of a RB in flex until he gets back to being good)

Amari Cooper has been god awful.... I saw him on an opponents bench and clicked to see how he's been scoring this year.

Was like 3-6 pts every week except one week where he had 9 or 10.

Kinda shocking drop off.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Amari Cooper has been god awful.... I saw him on an opponents bench and clicked to see how he's been scoring this year.

Was like 3-6 pts every week except one week where he had 9 or 10.

Kinda shocking drop off.

46% catch rate. Ouch. Several drops and a number of others that were catchable that he missed. 39 targets and 18 catches.

Wouldn't be bad if half of those 18 were TD's, but only 1 of those so far.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
46% catch rate. Ouch. Several drops and a number of others that were catchable that he missed. 39 targets and 18 catches.

Wouldn't be bad if half of those 18 were TD's, but only 1 of those so far.

yeah 9 TD's in 6 games would be great for any WR

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Hey guys,

I'm in a league with a commish who vetoes every trade, even if they are fair. He's also kicked out members and not given them refunds. It's gotten to the point where I just don't have any fun in the league.

Any advice on how to finish out the year?