2017 Fantasy Advice Thread

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Look at the bright side, with OBJ down for quite some time, Shepard (as long as it isn't serious), just became the top receiver.

And tried to tell you Crabtree would be alright. Since Cooper forgot how to play football, he's their best option in the passing game, regardless of who throws it. Obviously with Carr, it's a better team, but you had to figure they would be playing from behind, so he'd get plenty of looks.

Yeah, I let my faux red flags get in the way. I have the same issue when it comes to whether or not I should draft rookies(RBs especially).

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I let my faux red flags get in the way. I have the same issue when it comes to whether or not I should draft rookies(RBs especially).

Look at the bright side, at least you didn't get talked out of playing Alex Smith for Big Ben!

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Look at the bright side, at least you didn't get talked out of playing Alex Smith for Big Ben!

God damn it Ares. I am going to lose this week because I sat Smith and MartyB. Wtf dude. Not cool! You are fantasy football terrorist, sir.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In addition to losing by 20 I lost 2 WRs this week, one of them being OBJ. It's a great fantasy year for me fellas.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
In addition to losing by 20 I lost 2 WRs this week, one of them being OBJ. It's a great fantasy year for me fellas.

Seems like this year is really turning into a war of attrition. Getting harder to fill holes on the waiver with so many injuries to the high end players.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Seems like this year is really turning into a war of attrition. Getting harder to fill holes on the waiver with so many injuries to the high end players.

I am hoping this leads to victory for me this year.... I have escaped any major injuries to my top players on all 3 of my teams.

I don't have the highest scoring teams, but thus far I have not lost anyone to IR.

Knock on wood.

Btw next week, Big Ben will finally go off, book it.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am hoping this leads to victory for me this year.... I have escaped any major injuries to my top players on all 3 of my teams.

I don't have the highest scoring teams, but thus far I have not lost anyone to IR.

Knock on wood.

You are Big Ben terrorist, sir

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:

Knock on wood.

I've been fortunate as well. Between opponents making poor decisions and guys mostly healthy, I'm at 5-0 (technically 4-0, if Thielen scores 54+ and Diggs gets nothing, my opponent could win tonight). Managed to grab Rivers on Sunday morning, so didn't have to roll the dice on Trubisky. Would have still won, but we have a payout for highest scoring, so I have to push for those extra points.

Really want to make a trade to try to upgrade RB, but afraid to give any depth up with the way injuries have hit so far. My depth isn't great, but beats the heck out of what I see a lot of people dealing with right now.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Does anyone have Howard? I'm so fucking pissed about that bullshit call on his TD. WTF?!?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Does anyone have Howard? I'm so fucking pissed about that bullshit call on his TD. WTF?!?

I don't have Howard, nor any player on the Giants..... feeling pretty good.

Also hung on to AP in one league, was gonna drop him this week, but now ill hang on to him and see if he becomes a useful option at RB.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
I don't have Howard, nor any player on the Giants..... feeling pretty good.

Also hung on to AP in one league, was gonna drop him this week, but now ill hang on to him and see if he becomes a useful option at RB.

Someone in my league bid $30 FAAB on AP this week. Desperation kicking in for some of the teams in my league. Two teams that have been having to plug in any warm body at RB and praying.

I thought about being a jerk yesterday and bidding $31 (one of them only has $30 remaining for the season), but honestly, I'm ok with those lower tier teams getting him. Hopefully it doesn't come back to haunt me later.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
AP isn't very good anymore, imo. If you look at his stats back to his last 2 Vikings games, they have been horrendous.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
AP isn't very good anymore, imo. If you look at his stats back to his last 2 Vikings games, they have been horrendous.

My thoughts exactly. I threw up a $10 bid just to make sure no one was able to steal him for cheap, but I also have spent an average of only $2 per week so far, so wasn't a big spend. No way I'm rolling the dice on AP rewinding time or the Cards O-line magically becoming decent for 1/3 of my waiver dollars.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Someone in my league bid $30 FAAB on AP this week. Desperation kicking in for some of the teams in my league. Two teams that have been having to plug in any warm body at RB and praying.

I thought about being a jerk yesterday and bidding $31 (one of them only has $30 remaining for the season), but honestly, I'm ok with those lower tier teams getting him. Hopefully it doesn't come back to haunt me later.
Someone in my league threw out $36 for Aaron Jones and I'm sure the same would've been done for AP (he was drafted and never dropped). For teams in need of an RB I guess you just have to take the risk sometimes.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would say what bid I put on AP, but it is gpphat's league.... I will say it is over 10$

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Someone in my league threw out $36 for Aaron Jones and I'm sure the same would've been done for AP (he was drafted and never dropped). For teams in need of an RB I guess you just have to take the risk sometimes.

That is true. I still think that situation ends up being a RBBC. Not worth it.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
That is true. I still think that situation ends up being a RBBC. Not worth it.

I get it. There's a ton of bad situations at RB, and you have to make moves in an effort to score points. My RB situation isn't ideal, but there are certainly worse out there, so I'm just plugging along. WR's, QB and Def have been carrying me.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I would say what bid I put on AP, but it is gpphat's league.... I will say it is over 10$

just remember Cohen went for $50+

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
just remember Cohen went for $50+

Dudes in ur league are nuts with their FA bids.... especially on RBs when ur lineup only requires you to play 1 RB