2017 Fantasy Advice Thread

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Think I'd go Shepard.

Crabtree should be playing. None of those receivers is ideal, but between Kendall, Jones and Shepard, I'd play Shepard. Chargers defense is pretty sad, so he should get some looks.

Crabtree is going to be limited plus now you have EJ Manuel instead of Carr at QB. Just to be clear, I have Dez Bryant, Marvin Jones, and Shepard. Terrell Pryor Jr. is on bye and I already covered Crabtree.

I think I'll go Jones, Shepard, and Dez.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Crabtree is going to be limited plus now you have EJ Manuel instead of Carr at QB. Just to be clear, I have Dez Bryant, Marvin Jones, and Shepard. Terrell Pryor Jr. is on bye and I already covered Crabtree.

I haven't seen anything about Crabtree being limited. Full practice today. Should be good to go for Sunday.

Manuel obviously not optimal, but should be ok with a full week of practice. Not Carr good, but ok.

My concern would be that the last time Jones had a strong game was early last year. If you don't think you'll need more than 10 points out of that spot, you should be fine though.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I haven't seen anything about Crabtree being limited. Full practice today. Should be good to go for Sunday.

Manuel obviously not optimal, but should be ok with a full week of practice. Not Carr good, but ok.

My concern would be that the last time Jones had a strong game was early last year. If you don't think you'll need more than 10 points out of that spot, you should be fine though.

IDK, I'm just wary about starting someone off injury. Cooper is also coming off injury so that should be interesting. I'm not expecting a lot from Crabtree, though, I think this week might be ok to keep him on the bench. When I said limited, I meant more in the game sense.

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
I get it. I sat Martin tonight after a 3 game suspension unsure of workload and role...good chance that he's already put up more points than Gore will in that spot. Thankfully I have a trio of strong receivers that should help me out though in Brown, Diggs and Dez.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I get it. I sat Martin tonight after a 3 game suspension unsure of workload and role...good chance that he's already put up more points than Gore will in that spot. Thankfully I have a trio of strong receivers that should help me out though in Brown, Diggs and Dez.

Damn, yea, that's solid. I was pretty close to picking Diggs in the draft. He's been really good this year.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

You don't need Manuel to play lights out, you just need him to get the ball to Crabtree. And I think with Lynch obviously not in his beast mode form, I can see Oakland going down and Manuel having to throw. Crabtree's ceiling isn't as high as it would be with Carr but I like him more than Jones. If I were you I would go Dez, Crabs, and Shepard.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Picked up Brate once I found out Gronk was out last night. That worked out well for me.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Picked up Brate once I found out Gronk was out last night. That worked out well for me.

He dropped a lot of balls, could have had a monster game

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
C'mon man, don't rain on my parade.

on a positive I think i they said Brate is one of the top targeted pass catchers in the Red Zone

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
on a positive I think i they said Brate is one of the top targeted pass catchers in the Red Zone

I hope Brate ded so OJ Howard can actually be useful in FF.... fucking Cameron Brate can go fuck himself.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I hope Brate ded so OJ Howard can actually be useful in FF.... fucking Cameron Brate can go fuck himself.

The only thing I saw Howard do last night was hold people. Shaheen, ftw.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The only thing I saw Howard do last night was hold people. Shaheen, ftw.

OJ Howard would be a beast if Cameron Brate would go fuck himself.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

I like Brate. He's really bailed me out of a jam after Olsen went down.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I may have been wrong about Big Ben going off....

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Crabtree had a good game. And Shepard got hurt. Oh well..still gonna win my matchup

bearsfaninfl

Liked Posts:
Crabtree had a good game. And Shepard got hurt. Oh well..still gonna win my matchup

Look at the bright side, with OBJ down for quite some time, Shepard (as long as it isn't serious), just became the top receiver.

And tried to tell you Crabtree would be alright. Since Cooper forgot how to play football, he's their best option in the passing game, regardless of who throws it. Obviously with Carr, it's a better team, but you had to figure they would be playing from behind, so he'd get plenty of looks.