2018 Draft - How Does Your First Round Guy Compare to Roquan Smith?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
What if your guy was Smith?

Then you need to pretend that it was someone else, allowing you to play "What if?", even when all is well with the Bears.

It's important to some people to constantly second guess decisions made in the past, and worry about whether to sign a guy 7 years down the road.

No such as thing as simply enjoying sports.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I, too, was in favor of trading down for Calvin Ridley during the draft.

Watching him tear it up is painful... I think it would have been nice to have another weapon, especially a guy who really wanted to be here. Coming off a knee injury, Robinson was risky... plus it would be nice to have someone in the wings when Robinson's contract is up. That's pretty much what Atlanta did.

Oh well..

Reactions: Myk

house23

Liked Posts:
I was hoping for Ward if he went defense but considering how the board fell I’m very happy with Smith.

I think he’s looked fine and I don’t really understand where the negativity is coming from.
Mitch had a great game so the fanbase needs a new whipping boy.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
I think once the game slows down for him he will start playing with more speed and if that happens he will be just fine.
I wasn’t a smith fan I was a Edmonds guy and I think pace was right on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was hoping for a trade down/Marcus Davenport scenario. He's been hurt but has looked ok thus far when he's been healthy.

Same here once a few of my favs were gone but getting Mack made Smith a no braner. Sometimes things have a strange way of working out. For the guys that wanted Edmunds, I asked, why when Smith is better?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I don't think I had one. After the wishful thinking of BPAs falling were gone I didn't care, Pace's choice.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
I must be missing something during the games, I think Smith has played really well. He is always around the ball and his closing speed has been great. Teams have not been able to get hardly any YAC on us.

Besides Smith Nelson was my guy. I haven't seen him play too much but I did see Clowney own him a couple of times on stunts yesterday.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Same here once a few of my favs were gone but getting Mack made Smith a no braner. Sometimes things have a strange way of working out. For the guys that wanted Edmunds, I asked, why when Smith is better?

That was gone over 1000s of times leading up to the draft. Edmunds was only 19 years old. That was the reason...

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think I had one. After the wishful thinking of BPAs falling were gone I didn't care, Pace's choice.

Smith wasn't gone tho

He was literally BPA

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't even remember who I REALLY wanted. I think I realized that we can get a great player at 8 no matter what. Although, when Chubb started to fall a bit, I got fucking anxious. I thought we could trade up and get him maybe. Then I thought we were going to take Nelson. Then he was gone. Then we took Roquan, and I didn't expect that. But I liked it. The first round was a wild ride for me.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I must be missing something during the games, I think Smith has played really well. He is always around the ball and his closing speed has been great. Teams have not been able to get hardly any YAC on us.

Besides Smith Nelson was my guy. I haven't seen him play too much but I did see Clowney own him a couple of times on stunts yesterday.

Nelson is dominating from what I've seen. But we didn't have a chance at him.
McGlinchey went after Smith, I haven't notice him playing. He's injured.
I wanted Williams before McGlinchey, but that would've been 2nd round. He's was moved to guard so I don't think that would've been considered a success as far as what I wanted. I wanted a great OT.

Smith wasn't gone tho

He was literally BPA

I wasn't against him.
No wait, I wanted Fitz out of the ones projected high and he fell below #8. No idea how he's doing. I've heard him mentioned.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That was gone over 1000s of times leading up to the draft. Edmunds was only 19 years old. That was the reason...

That and he had more potential to develop into a pass rusher.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I wanted either a trade out

Smith or Davenport and I knew we had no shot at Barkley/Nelson but had wishful thinking there

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Chubb was my dream pick at #8, but I was more in love with Edmunds' insane physical traits than I was with Smith's intangibles. I'm happy with Roquan, and when you watch him on the field, he definitely doesn't play small which is what I was most worried about.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
why? has he done anything this year?

idk...I just remember there were many people here who wanted him. I just wanted an update on how he's doing. Haven't paid attention to the Bills.

oping00@gmail.com

Liked Posts:
I, too, was in favor of trading down for Calvin Ridley during the draft.

Watching him tear it up is painful... I think it would have been nice to have another weapon, especially a guy who really wanted to be here. Coming off a knee injury, Robinson was risky... plus it would be nice to have someone in the wings when Robinson's contract is up. That's pretty much what Atlanta did.

Oh well..

Anthony Miller would have been a 1st rd pick if he had better size and he maybe just as good, but yeah I think the bears had rated ridley pretty high.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I wanted ridley until his draft stock dropped. WR was the most important need and after ridley dropped on the board i didnt see any receiver worth drafting. I was okay with smith.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chubb has not been overly impressive tonight.