2018 Fantasy Advice Thread

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Burton, Njoku or Brate this week? I like Brates matchup.

Tough call. I like Brate with Winston back in the line up. Should be a high scoring game because that TB D sucks balls and no run game. Missed out on him via WW last week.

Mitchapalooza

Tough call. I like Brate with Winston back in the line up. Should be a high scoring game because that TB D sucks balls and no run game. Missed out on him via WW last week.

Yeah im only holding 3 TEs cause my opponent this week needs one badly and keeps trying to trade me but I'm gonna wait til we play then trade him one.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
id go with ryan over mahomes...atl vs tb should be a high scoring game, not sure about zeke against jax, i know hes generally a must start but i think howard ends up with more pts than zeke this week
Never ever bench zeke regardless of how tough the matchup looks.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
So in one league I stashed Olsen in my IR spot, it is now looking like he is healthy. Would you start Olsen over Njoku?

Olsen is a re-injury risk, but Newton does look his way. Njoku is playing the Chargers, who have shut down TEs outside of Kittle, who was only doing okay until an 83 yard TD. Kittle is the only TE that's put up 5+ points on them in my .5 PPR. I'd probably go with Olsen, but it is very high risk.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It's between Boyd and Hyde...I can see Cin v Pit being a high scoring game and Boyd getting a ton of targets. I would lean more to Boyd, but it's basically a coin flip.

Same, except I'd probably go Hyde.

Burton, Njoku or Brate this week? I like Brates matchup.

I'd go Brate. Winston looks his way a ton in the red zone.

Yeah im only holding 3 TEs cause my opponent this week needs one badly and keeps trying to trade me but I'm gonna wait til we play then trade him one.

Is there any processing time? It's two days for me. Usually, when I do that, I make the move so that my guy can still play this week.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
need a KICKER for this week. Best matchup anyone? I'm in first place rn 4-1 going up against 3rd at 4-1. I don't want it coming down to a kicker... I have denver's K going up against Baltimore's K....

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
need a KICKER for this week. Best matchup anyone? I'm in first place rn 4-1 going up against 3rd at 4-1. I don't want it coming down to a kicker... I have denver's K going up against Baltimore's K....

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Kickers are a crapshoot buddy. I just look for kickers who get a consistent amount of points.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Who's available hhm? Santos might not be a bad play because of the Rams offense, but it might snow. Or matt Bryant.

Last edited:

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So good news is Devonta Freeman has been ruled out. Bad news is, now I feel like I should put Coleman in my lineup playing TB.

Is Coleman a better play than Lynch or Kupp coming off a concussion?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

PLEASE HELP!!!!

I would look to see if there is a kicker available that had their bye already....grab the best one of that bunch and plug him in for the rest of the year

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So good news is Devonta Freeman has been ruled out. Bad news is, now I feel like I should put Coleman in my lineup playing TB.

Is Coleman a better play than Lynch or Kupp coming off a concussion?

I would rather roll with Kupp or Lynch over Coleman

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would rather roll with Kupp or Lynch over Coleman

UGH GPPHAT I was leaning on playing Coleman over Lynch. I think Kupp is a must play at this point.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
UGH GPPHAT I was leaning on playing Coleman over Lynch. I think Kupp is a must play at this point.

If he is healthy you play Kupp, Lynch and Coleman are the same tier to me...if I had to choose it would be Lynch

Stephen_Roto

CCS Podcast Guy
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he is healthy you play Kupp, Lynch and Coleman are the same tier to me...if I had to choose it would be Lynch

I think Coleman gets the edge this week just because Tampa is just that awful on defense. TB is 30th against RBs in the pass game and has allowed 8th most points per game overall to the position.

Agreed on Kupp though. Gotta play him if healthy.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Bad thing about lynch is his volume depends on how the game goes. He'll put up numbers if Oakland is winning and they can keep feeding him the ball, but I'm not sure there will be that many opportunities with that team.

Coleman's looked like hot garbage this year. Kupp is a top 5 wr I think in fantasy right now.

Last edited:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I would look to see if there is a kicker available that had their bye already....grab the best one of that bunch and plug him in for the rest of the year
On that note, parkey not a bad option with how the bears seem to move the ball well enough to get in fg range consistently.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Not sure if I should play brandin cooks or emmanuel Sanders. Denvers defense has got lit up the past couple weeks, but how much will cooks play if cleared?

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not sure if I should play brandin cooks or emmanuel Sanders. Denvers defense has got lit up the past couple weeks, but how much will cooks play if cleared?
Hard to sit cooks if healthy... but I can see Denver needing to pass a lot to keep up with the rams so that means a lot of opportunities for Sanders. Looks like cooks should be good to go, so unless they say he would be limited I would lean more to cooks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk