2018 Fantasy Advice Thread

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Just did a trade

My current team is

QB - Brees (Flacco for just this week)
RB - Gurley, M Gordon, Carson, K Johnson, Smallwood
WR - Hopkins, A Rob, Tate, DT, Fuller, Lockett
TE - Olsen, Njoku

Traded A Rob and Fuller for D Freeman and Hilton

Fuller was sitting on my bench because I didn't want to play him and Hopkins at the same time... felt I can wait for Hilton and Freeman to get healthy

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Nice trade. That's a nice team

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bad thing about lynch is his volume depends on how the game goes. He'll put up numbers if Oakland is winning and they can keep feeding him the ball, but I'm not sure there will be that many opportunities with that team.

Coleman's looked like hot garbage this year. Kupp is a top 5 wr I think in fantasy right now.

I'm leaning Coleman, but honestly might come down to a coin flip. Atlanta has the better offense, but Lynch is at home vs his old team. I think Oakland gives them a run for their money. SEA isn't very good on the road.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
0-5

Loss number five came by the the only other winless team...so I am cemented into last place.

My roster gets crushed in Bye Weeks 7 & 8.

My match-up this week already had Carson Wentz drop thirty on me.

Not really looking for any specific advice...just needed to get that off my chest.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm leaning Coleman, but honestly might come down to a coin flip. Atlanta has the better offense, but Lynch is at home vs his old team. I think Oakland gives them a run for their money. SEA isn't very good on the road.
Lynch is in London

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
0-5

Loss number five came by the the only other winless team...so I am cemented into last place.

Not really looking for any specific advice...just needed to get that off my chest.
I started 2-6 one year, last place, then went off and won the championship. My buddy started 0-4 last year and did the same thing. Just saying.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I started 2-6 one year, last place, then went off and won the championship. My buddy started 0-4 last year and did the same thing. Just saying.
I have been playing FF since the 2008 season. My worst year I went 0-6 to start and finished 3-10. That was the 2010 season. The only season I have been playing this game that the Bears made the playoffs.

(Just sayin)

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I have been playing FF since the 2008 season. My worst year I went 0-6 to start and finished 3-10. That was the 2010 season. The only season I have been playing this game that the Bears made the playoffs.

(Just sayin)

Well, hope you keep losing then. :bearbang:

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
0-5

I am 0-5 as well. Worst start I've ever had. I still have a slimmer of hope I can squeeze into the playoffs. My team is deep and made for bye weeks. I've also outscored 6 other ppl in the league so far so my team is good lol, just need a little damn luck.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I am 0-5 as well. Worst start I've ever had. I still have a slimmer of hope I can squeeze into the playoffs. My team is deep and made for bye weeks. I've also outscored 6 other ppl in the league so far so my team is good lol, just need a little damn luck.
It's sucks seeing your team put up points but due to scheduling you have a losing record... i'm 2-3 in one league, but if you take my points against and make them one team they would be the second highest scoring team in the league

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I once started 0-5... then somehow ripped off 6 straight before losing my last 3 to finish 6-8 and out of the playoffs. Was an odd year.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have Tate and Galloday on same team, with Ridley, Jackson,Amendola and Davis.

Gronk and Ebron at TE (Gates too)

Rodgers and Stafford at QB

I think I am ok with these guys but thin at RB after losing two already

I have left Austin, K.Johnson,Lynch @ rb

who should I package together to make a trade offer for a RB? I think I need to trade either Galloday or Tate + another Player (Gronk?) but not sure which one. Tate has consistancy, but galloday has red zone upside moving forward. I haven't played FF in ten years so very rusty. It would be hard to trade away Gronk, but Ebron has been better, and Gronk has name recognition.

Ideas?

I know I have too many lions players, but both galloday and Johnson were very late round fliers, and quite honestly, that late in the draft I didn't know much about the other options.......

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Gronk might be able to pull a RB on his own. Tate and Ridley could probably get a decent one too. I'd probably hold onto Galloday. Maybe look at the guys that have Jordan Howard, Dalvin Cook, Kenyon Drake, or Leonard Fournette. They might be getting frustrated with them. Might be able to pull Drake for Tate, especially if the Bears shut him down this week.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm trying to get Barkley. Offering up Thielen. I doubt he takes it, but I never offer too much to start. Figure it might at least peak his interest. Goal is to get Barkley and keep Zeke.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm trying to get Barkley. Offering up Thielen. I doubt he takes it, but I never offer too much to start. Figure it might at least peak his interest. Goal is to get Barkley and keep Zeke.

I caught SB for the first time on TV Thursday, closet thing to Barry I have seen yet, and a better receiver......

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I caught SB for the first time on TV Thursday, closet thing to Barry I have seen yet, and a better receiver......

I watched him in Penn State. The guy is electric. I don't value RBs that high IRL football, but I would've been insanely happy if he had landed on the Bears. I could only imagine him in this offense. I'm also trying to unload D. Thomas for a under-performing RB. Goal is to get a RB then pick up Christian Kirk off the wire. He's trending in the right direction and I think he might blow up soon.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
So, with cook on a snap count, I am now in a conundrum. Roll the dice on cook with the snap count, or ronald jones and the hopeful majority share. Both have insanely good matchups, but cook obviously has the upper hand talent wise. I don't know if I should go with cook on 20-25 snaps or Jones for possibly an entire game. Breida put up 12.5 on hardly any snaps against Arizona last week. Seriously considering the healthy Jones, but I've heard no news about him vs barber.