2019 PFF QB Rankings

Bearfanuk

Liked Posts:
Well we can sure hope that his accuracy and reading defenses can improve. It's still early.

I think it's also a bit early to say that he "has it" in terms of being clutch. He threw a nice pass to Robinson to set up the FG attempt against the Eagles. I think it's a bit early to define him as clutch.

Yea but that wasn't the first time was it Mick. Do I want to see W's and not 'blame the kicker' for sure. However he is incredibly young both in age and in QB years. Think about how many games and passes most QB'S throw before the NFL...young Mitch is a toddler in comparison. Not making excuses just saying it how it is.

However some lists this year for example (from the talking heads) have put Baker Mayfield who has shown equal if not Less then Mitch above him...why? Because again they don't want to be wrong.

On a side note...is all the wanker back and forth stuff a normal part of life here...just moved to the neighborhood and I'd like a handle on how our street runs things

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
some lists this year for example (from the talking heads) have put Baker Mayfield who has shown equal if not Less then Mitch above him...why? Because again they don't want to be wrong.

I can only repeat what I said before to the last person who said this -

Mayfield elevated a bad team as a rookie and broke the rookie TD record in 13 games while changing offensive coordinators midseason. If Trubisky did that CCS would have him in the HOF.

On a side note...is all the wanker back and forth stuff a normal part of life here...just moved to the neighborhood and I'd like a handle on how our street runs things

No that's just Leomaz. He's irrational, illogical, and a bit weird.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Will be interesting to watch Cleveland this year with all the opposing DCs chanting "Get Shorty!" OBJ should help level that out nicely.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL no, the complete opposite actually. I was one of the most infamous Cutler haters.

With Cutler I was initially excited, but was one of the first posters back on CBMB to jump hard off the wagon (after 2010) because I realized he wasn't the guy and wasn't going to change or dramatically improve.

I was generally known as a hater by the Cutler fanboys for many years, until they started to realize I was right and eventually they sheepishly shuffled off the wagon themselves. I was a Cutler "hater" long before I joined CCS after the CBMB exodus in the fall of 2012. But I thought 2011 and 2015 were the seasons he played his most consistent/decent football.

With Watson I'm not trying to excuse anything because he doesn't need any excuses. Excuses are needed to explain why a QB has been a disappointment (with Trubisky, lack of experience, new offense/with Cutler, bad line, no weapons). Watson has been really good even despite his shit line so there's nothing to excuse.

My bad, it was a long time ago, and I was mostly just a lurker on CBMB

So, this upcoming season there’s no excuses for Watson or Trubisky both in their 3rd year. The prove it year.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My bad, it was a long time ago, and I was mostly just a lurker on CBMB

So, this upcoming season there’s no excuses for Watson or Trubisky both in their 3rd year. The prove it year.

True. But I still think we have a disconnect on the whole excuses thing. Watson is already considered a top 10-14 QB by most analysts (a few had him even higher). He's already been good. Everyone knows he's good.

Outside of Bears fandom nobody really views Trubisky as having shown he was a worthy first round pick yet.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
True. But I still think we have a disconnect on the whole excuses thing. Watson is already considered a top 10-14 QB by most analysts (a few had him even higher). He's already been good. Everyone knows he's good.

Outside of Bears fandom nobody really views Trubisky as having shown he was a worthy first round pick yet.
And yet they both have not accomplished anything the other hasn’t. Trubisky had a much better playoff game and nobody will deny that....even you.

Last edited:

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Watson is at this point a middle of the road QB with a lot of potential and is huge injury risk.

Trubisky looks like a middle of the road QB with a lot of potential.

There are both around top 13-16 they both need to be more consistent but neither looks like their ever going to be elite.

To me Mitch’s problem seems to be during his RC season he did not look comfortable. During his 2nd season he and the other skill positions didn’t look like they were to confident in the offense. That’s why I am ready to move on from Trubisky if he doesn’t take charge of this offense and play consistent.

I’m not saying he won’t be able to grow with more seasoning but I doubt that he’ll ever be better than top 12. Which is not what we need to have sustained success.

I’d say by week 8 Mitch should be a polished QB and you should fell good that Mitch is in control. Then though the rest of his career we should just see fine-tuning and mastering the one offense that he and Nagy taylor for him, taking out bad plays and adding stuff that he is very comfortable with.

With Watson there’s a lot more questions and concerns that is holding him back. It’s not just he not comfortable in the offense because it’s a simple offense the was made to help him and let’s him a lot of opportunities for big plays, which is his strength.

Let’s say he plays the 1st 10 weeks puts up big stats and gets hurt. Texans miss the playoffs, but his agent wants to talk extension. You would think that you would have to extend him. Maybe a change of coaching staff and now that’s going to buy him another year.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitchell at 26?
source.gif

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Watson is at this point a middle of the road QB with a lot of potential and is huge injury risk.

There are both around top 13-16 they both need to be more consistent but neither looks like their ever going to be elite.

To me Mitch’s problem seems to be during his RC season he did not look comfortable. During his 2nd season he and the other skill positions didn’t look like they were to confident in the offense. ( DO u have any tangible evidence for these statements?)

That’s why I am ready to move on from Trubisky if he doesn’t take charge of this offense and play consistent.

I’m not saying he won’t be able to grow with more seasoning but I doubt that he’ll ever be better than top 12. Which is not what we need to have sustained success.

I’d say by week 8 Mitch should be a polished QB and you should fell( YOU MEAN FEEL) good that Mitch is in control. Then though the rest of his career we should just see fine-tuning and mastering the one offense that he and Nagy taylor( YOU MEAN TAILOR) for him, taking out bad plays and adding stuff that he is very comfortable with.

With Watson there’s a lot more questions and concerns that is holding him back. It’s not just he not comfortable in the offense because it’s a simple offense the was made to help him and let’s him a lot of opportunities for big plays, which is his strength.

Let’s say he plays the 1st 10 weeks puts up big stats and gets hurt. Texans miss the playoffs, but his agent wants to talk extension. You would think that you would have to extend him. Maybe a change of coaching staff and now that’s going to buy him another year.

Open the "click to expand" and note the red......thanks.

The only thing that speaks to , as u say, " more questions and concerns that is holding him back".......is the sub-standard O-line . And yes, I can supply the data to prove my point.
-----------------

It’s not just he not comfortable in the offense because it’s a simple offense the was made to help him and let’s him a lot of opportunities for big plays

Ok, you're all over the place with the above comment.
Can u please proofread it and make the necessary corrections ....thanks. In fact, proofread all that u posted.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Open the "click to expand" and note the red......thanks.

The only thing that speaks to , as u say, " more questions and concerns that is holding him back".......is the sub-standard O-line . And yes, I can supply the data to prove my point.
-----------------

Ok, you're all over the place with the above comment.
Can u please proofread it and make the necessary corrections ....thanks. In fact, proofread all that u posted.

Sorry a lot of times I just do txt to speech and that is how it comes out. If you really are having a difficult time comprehending the material, then your probably not intelligent enough to engage in the discussion.

If you do care to continue the discussion and you are willing to make several attempts of re reading sentences until you are able to comprehend that “to taylor an offense” actually means “to tailor an offense” then that’s cool, but try not to point out that you are having a hard time. It just stalls the conversation and makes you look like your either slow or a prick.

Also, no I don’t have any tangible evidence. That why I lead off with “To me” suggestion that it is of my opinion. I am by no means a professional scout.

I don’t think you can provide “data” to prove your point. Maybe you can come up with others opinions that fit your narrative. If you can show me data that proves Watson doesn’t hold the ball too long or doesn’t miss open reads, and doesn’t to buy extra time for a bigger play to open, while other routes were missed. Please share.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

To me Mitch’s problem seems to be during his RC season he did not look comfortable. During his 2nd season he and the other skill positions didn’t look like they were to confident in the offense. That’s why I am ready to move on from Trubisky if he doesn’t take charge of this offense and play consistent.

I’d say by week 8 Mitch should be a polished QB and you should fell good that Mitch is in control. Then though the rest of his career we should just see fine-tuning and mastering the one offense that he and Nagy taylor for him, taking out bad plays and adding stuff that he is very comfortable with.

You're obviously entitled to your opinion, but you continue to rate Watson much lower than most analysts do. And hinging the argument on injury risk seems pretty random. After the ACL in his rookie season some detractors said he'd never finish a season. Well, he started and finished all 17 games last year. He isn't an RG3 type with a flimsy frame and skinny legs. I doubt he's any more likely to miss time than anyone else.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
Watson has clearly established himself as a very solid NFL QB. Coming out of the draft that’s really not a surprise. Pretty much everyone knew he was a plug and play player, ready for the big stage based on his college excellence. That it’s taken Peaches Trubisky longer doesn’t mean that he’s not going to develop into something special (especially for a Bears QB). Having said that, Mayfield exceeded all expectations in his first season. Except for the Browns, who saw the kid’s potential far exceeding that of the so-called experts. Going to be a really exciting season for all 3 of these youngsters, given the different paths and expectations of them.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You're obviously entitled to your opinion, but you continue to rate Watson much lower than most analysts do. And hinging the argument on injury risk seems pretty random. After the ACL in his rookie season some detractors said he'd never finish a season. Well, he started and finished all 17 games last year. He isn't an RG3 type with a flimsy frame and skinny legs. I doubt he's any more likely to miss time than anyone else.

I don't think the "Watson is injury prone, so Mitch is better" is a good idea for the mole eye nut huggers.

Number of 16 game seasons:
Watson 1
Trubisky 0

I know Watson was injured in college, but with only 13 college starts for Maserati Mitch, that sample size is too small to crown him as being durable.

I think he will be durable, I certainly hope he will be, same as being a consistent top tier NFL starter, I hope he will be one and think he could be one. At this point Watson has done more to prove he is very good than the dear sweet one has. Hopefully this is Mitch's breakout season and all the CCS posters can to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Wash, rinse, repeat

Not this shit again, please enough of your incessant whining about repetitive threads, WTF did you expect this thread to be about? If you didn't know, that is on you for being an idiot, if you were clever enough to know, then you literally came in just to bitch moan.

Either way you should shut the fuck up.

Now go to B&I and complain about the Trump thread contents being repetitive.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
This board is hilarious. Mayfield elevated a bad team as a rookie and broke the rookie TD record while changing offensive coordinators midseason. If Trubisky did that CCS would have him in the HOF.
Yeah Baker showed more potential.
Yeah he elevated his team more.
But the stat lines were similar despite all that.
Not enough to warrant a 16 ranking difference.
I really don't care where your butthurt arse ranks Mitch, but 10th is too high for Mayfield.
Crowning QBs off one year

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not this shit again, please enough of your incessant whining about repetitive threads, WTF did you expect this thread to be about? If you didn't know, that is on you for being an idiot, if you were clever enough to know, then you literally came in just to bitch moan.

Either way you should shut the fuck up.

Now go to B&I and complain about the Trump thread contents being repetitive.

Okay, I will play too.

I will give 3 reasons why Trubisky is the man for the Bears, maybe not for the stat book, maybe not for those looking for the offense to be lighting it up in exciting high scoring games, maybe not for rating services, and also maybe not for some individuals posting on CCS.

The first reason is the team absolutely loves him. It is so obvious it is screaming from the field and the sidelines and post game, every game. When watching other teams you see wide receivers raising their hands in total disgust of their QB when they are open and missed or overthrown or underthrown. He is young and a team leader, has perfect work ethics, admits it when he screwed up, and works his balls off.

This team was 12-4 last year because they were a team, with great mojo, and Trubisky was a huge part of it. This is a team game, a group of incredible athletes will never succeed unless they function as a team.

The second reason that Trubisky is great for this team is his ability to keep drives alive, long sustained drives like the Bears enjoyed last year. You want to ruin an overpowering defense? Let the offense start winging the ball all over the field, turning the ball over, and NOT ALLOWING YOUR OVERPOWERING DEFENSE TO REST. I will take a seven minute 14 play drive over a 70 yd TD pass every time. Let the defense rest and they will stop the opponent every time.

The third reason that Trubisky is the right man for the Bears is his ability to avoid sacks, make his offensive line look good, and turn a potential drive killing 12 yard loss into a gain of 3. He has natural great instincts to move away from defenders and get by them to pick up yards, while avoiding getting hit. And he knows when to run out of bounds and when not too.

These assets above are just not captured in a stat sheet or rating service. From now on I will address the issue rather than whine about it.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Okay, I will play too.

I will give 3 reasons why Trubisky is the man for the Bears, maybe not for the stat book, maybe not for those looking for the offense to be lighting it up in exciting high scoring games, maybe not for rating services, and also maybe not for some individuals posting on CCS.

The first reason is the team absolutely loves him. It is so obvious it is screaming from the field and the sidelines and post game, every game. When watching other teams you see wide receivers raising their hands in total disgust of their QB when they are open and missed or overthrown or underthrown. He is young and a team leader, has perfect work ethics, admits it when he screwed up, and works his balls off.

This team was 12-4 last year because they were a team, with great mojo, and Trubisky was a huge part of it. This is a team game, a group of incredible athletes will never succeed unless they function as a team.

The second reason that Trubisky is great for this team is his ability to keep drives alive, long sustained drives like the Bears enjoyed last year. You want to ruin an overpowering defense? Let the offense start winging the ball all over the field, turning the ball over, and NOT ALLOWING YOUR OVERPOWERING DEFENSE TO REST. I will take a seven minute 14 play drive over a 70 yd TD pass every time. Let the defense rest and they will stop the opponent every time.

The third reason that Trubisky is the right man for the Bears is his ability to avoid sacks, make his offensive line look good, and turn a potential drive killing 12 yard loss into a gain of 3. He has natural great instincts to move away from defenders and get by them to pick up yards, while avoiding getting hit. And he knows when to run out of bounds and when not too.

These assets above are just not captured in a stat sheet or rating service. From now on I will address the issue rather than whine about it.
This is ccs. People only understand whining here...