Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Okay, I will play too.

I will give 3 reasons why Trubisky is the man for the Bears, maybe not for the stat book, maybe not for those looking for the offense to be lighting it up in exciting high scoring games, maybe not for rating services, and also maybe not for some individuals posting on CCS.

The first reason is the team absolutely loves him. It is so obvious it is screaming from the field and the sidelines and post game, every game. When watching other teams you see wide receivers raising their hands in total disgust of their QB when they are open and missed or overthrown or underthrown. He is young and a team leader, has perfect work ethics, admits it when he screwed up, and works his balls off.

This team was 12-4 last year because they were a team, with great mojo, and Trubisky was a huge part of it. This is a team game, a group of incredible athletes will never succeed unless they function as a team.

The second reason that Trubisky is great for this team is his ability to keep drives alive, long sustained drives like the Bears enjoyed last year. You want to ruin an overpowering defense? Let the offense start winging the ball all over the field, turning the ball over, and NOT ALLOWING YOUR OVERPOWERING DEFENSE TO REST. I will take a seven minute 14 play drive over a 70 yd TD pass every time. Let the defense rest and they will stop the opponent every time.

The third reason that Trubisky is the right man for the Bears is his ability to avoid sacks, make his offensive line look good, and turn a potential drive killing 12 yard loss into a gain of 3. He has natural great instincts to move away from defenders and get by them to pick up yards, while avoiding getting hit. And he knows when to run out of bounds and when not too.

These assets above are just not captured in a stat sheet or rating service. From now on I will address the issue rather than whine about it.

TL;DR

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yea but that wasn't the first time was it Mick. Do I want to see W's and not 'blame the kicker' for sure. However he is incredibly young both in age and in QB years. Think about how many games and passes most QB'S throw before the NFL...young Mitch is a toddler in comparison. Not making excuses just saying it how it is.

However some lists this year for example (from the talking heads) have put Baker Mayfield who has shown equal if not Less then Mitch above him...why? Because again they don't want to be wrong.

On a side note...is all the wanker back and forth stuff a normal part of life here...just moved to the neighborhood and I'd like a handle on how our street runs things
You have to remember the Bears were a great team when Trubisky was put into the starting lineup after the Glennon experiment failed. And the wanker back and forth is because the dude is a wanker and cannot take being wrong in the least., plain and simple. Good Day

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Yeah Baker showed more potential.
Yeah he elevated his team more.
But the stat lines were similar despite all that.
Not enough to warrant a 16 ranking difference.
I really don't care where your butthurt arse ranks Mitch, but 10th is too high for Mayfield.
Crowning QBs off one year

I remember Baker’s last pass and Trubisky’s last pass of the 2018-2019 season. Does anybody else?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mitch's last pass was an incompletion that was a low risk throw to stop the clock. Don't see the significance.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Mitch's last pass was an incompletion that was a low risk throw to stop the clock. Don't see the significance.
Ahh, the interception that baker threw in the last pass was a bit more significant because it actually kept the browns out of the playoffs.....Mitch was already in the playoffs.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I didn't see that game but my guess would be that he was stretching the envelope to try and force a win.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I didn't see that game but my guess would be that he was stretching the envelope to try and force a win.
Whatever the way you see it.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
They were at a 56 yard FG, they needed 6, 7 yards for a better try.....play calling is suspect.?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Couple could be caught throws and 4th down pick. Game is over if he doesn't try to throw that anyway.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Couple could be caught throws and 4th down pick. Game is over if he doesn't try to throw that anyway.
Couple throws could have been better. Mind you he had 3 plays to get 7 yards. The great Baker Mayfield had 3 plays to get 7 yards for a better fg try. But you have to give him credit, he knocked out 2 teams out of the playoffs with 1throw

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The second down throw was way off the mark. Commentary mentions it multiple times. That was the most open receiver in the sequence and he blew the throw.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sure he did but the WR got a hand on it. So what? I think he's overhyped but that sequence was not representative of his season. He sucks because of one series? Come on.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Sure he did but the WR got a hand on it. So what? I think he's overhyped but that sequence was not representative of his season. He sucks because of one series? Come on.
None of them were the infamous “in stride” passes...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So? Dumping on him doesn't make Mitch any better. Mitch will make Mitch better.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So? Dumping on him doesn't make Mitch any better. Mitch will make Mitch better.
Aww, that sweet. Nobody is dumping on him just talking about the 2nd greatest quarterback in the league. You Got A Problem With That......LMFAO

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I went to see Simply Red at the Riviera. They were actually the backup band for Human League. Waited the intermission to check out HL, cringed, then laughed and headed for the exits. I don't want you baby!

Interesting. I saw Human League in Melbourne in 1982 and came away impressed. Granted, at the time I was working as a waiter in a cocktail bar, that much is true.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I personally think Mayfield is overrated until he does more but also don't think one series is a defining moment for any QB.

Here's a few Mitch picks. Notice that they are all the same type where he's blind to a defender either standing there waiting or cutting underneath. That tunnel vision is still a big problem that he needs to fix from college before he can become a top QB. It's really odd because he can make reads but he loses safeties. Had another one late in the year I couldn't find but those are pickups you expect all QBs to make. One or 2 a year from your vision being obscured, OK but Mitch had more than a few and a few more dropped. Young QB stuff but he's not that anymore. Same with Mayfield who has had a lot of college reps but still only one year in the NFL. This year will tell us a lot more about both of them.
Trubisky_pick_2_Dec_16th_DET.gif

trubisky-near-int-3.gif

2RowEA.gif

Then there was this. I wasn't even aware of his Pro Bowl faux pas until I searched for INT gifs.
Same thing. He does everything from mechanics to reads in a very rote manner right now and his regimented play is likely part of why he's not picking those under guys up but it's a big deal. It bothers me a lot more than errant balls. I think there was too much of rebuilding Mitch but only because I think he could have been better last year on natural ability. Long term, this is probably best for him but he needs to settle in now, be calmer in the pocket and just play.

Modern top QBs INT to TD ratio should be closer to 3-1 as opposed to 2-1. He needs to be that closer to that 3-1 this year and by no means is this a dump on Mitch post because I appreciate the other things he brings to field but that type of non-read has to stop being so regular. The reason they bother me so much is that some guys never grow out of it and I personally think his mechanical issues were from swing changes that he'll overcome.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Interesting. I saw Human League in Melbourne in 1982 and came away impressed. Granted, at the time I was working as a waiter in a cocktail bar, that much is true.
Because I know the rest aint, LOL.

Canth

Liked Posts:

Damn it, now I have that song stuck in my head

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I personally think Mayfield is overrated until he does more but also don't think one series is a defining moment for any QB.

Here's a few Mitch picks. Notice that they are all the same type where he's blind to a defender either standing there waiting or cutting underneath. That tunnel vision is still a big problem that he needs to fix from college before he can become a top QB. It's really odd because he can make reads but he loses safeties. Had another one late in the year I couldn't find but those are pickups you expect all QBs to make. One or 2 a year from your vision being obscured, OK but Mitch had more than a few and a few more dropped. Young QB stuff but he's not that anymore. Same with Mayfield who has had a lot of college reps but still only one year in the NFL. This year will tell us a lot more about both of them.
Trubisky_pick_2_Dec_16th_DET.gif

trubisky-near-int-3.gif

2RowEA.gif

Then there was this. I wasn't even aware of his Pro Bowl faux pas until I searched for INT gifs.
Same thing. He does everything from mechanics to reads in a very rote manner right now and his regimented play is likely part of why he's not picking those under guys up but it's a big deal. It bothers me a lot more than errant balls. I think there was too much of rebuilding Mitch but only because I think he could have been better last year on natural ability. Long term, this is probably best for him but he needs to settle in now, be calmer in the pocket and just play.

Modern top QBs INT to TD ratio should be closer to 3-1 as opposed to 2-1. He needs to be that closer to that 3-1 this year and by no means is this a dump on Mitch post because I appreciate the other things he brings to field but that type of non-read has to stop being so regular. The reason they bother me so much is that some guys never grow out of it and I personally think his mechanical issues were from swing changes that he'll overcome.
Top quarterbacks throw the same ints though. Maybe less frequently. I’ve noticed all quarterbacks stare down receivers at varies points in the game as well.