1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dang we really about to see the Trae-less Hawks in the Finals this year? Wild

I guess we'll see if CP3 can overcome his curse and make it to the Finals also

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pretty much all internet doctors say he is done for the year regardless of what the injury is.

Bucks themselves apparently fear an ACL tear.

ACL tears don't automatically mean you're crippled.. Klay Thompson in game 6 of the 2019 Finals tore his ACL while being fouled, left the court, ran back onto the court, and came out to shoot free throws then proceeded to sprint full speed down court as he wanted to keep playing. Steve Kerr, knowing better, instructed the Warriors to foul to get him the hell out of the game.

If it is an ACL tear though, good bye Bucks next season. Tearing it in late June here pretty much means he wouldn't be able to come back until April at the earliest (unless he has Adrian Peterson recovery skills). With the NBA on track to return to their normal schedule, pretty much Greek would be out until the playoffs, and generally teams don't return a guy who has been out all year just for the playoffs.

Also before anyone says it.. This is another one of those freak accidents that literally has nothing to do with minute load, condensed schedule or any of that bullshit. This is really just a freak season IMO.
Na, this guy is legit. I have followed him for some time. He doesnt give gloom and doom responses and he nails it a whole lot.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Pretty much all internet doctors say he is done for the year regardless of what the injury is.

Bucks themselves apparently fear an ACL tear.

ACL tears don't automatically mean you're crippled.. Klay Thompson in game 6 of the 2019 Finals tore his ACL while being fouled, left the court, ran back onto the court, and came out to shoot free throws then proceeded to sprint full speed down court as he wanted to keep playing. Steve Kerr, knowing better, instructed the Warriors to foul to get him the hell out of the game.

If it is an ACL tear though, good bye Bucks next season. Tearing it in late June here pretty much means he wouldn't be able to come back until April at the earliest (unless he has Adrian Peterson recovery skills). With the NBA on track to return to their normal schedule, pretty much Greek would be out until the playoffs, and generally teams don't return a guy who has been out all year just for the playoffs.

Also before anyone says it.. This is another one of those freak accidents that literally has nothing to do with minute load, condensed schedule or any of that bullshit. This is really just a freak season IMO.

soooo you’re saying the Central division is ours for the taking?!

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Honestly, most of these injuries haven't had anything to do with a shortened off-season. That's been overblown, mainly driven by LBJ.

1. A lot of these injuries were just freak accidents. Guys landing awkwardly, stepping on players, running into each other, etc. Harden's soft tissue injuries are probably more so due to him being lazy as shit in the off-season and showing up overweight and out of shape.

2. That theory never held much water imo anyway. After the pandemic hit last year, these guys had 4 MONTHS before bubble ball began. Many teams weren't invited to the bubble, so they had the longest off-season of their careers. The teams that did get invited but didn't make the playoffs also had a shit ton of time off, as did the teams who got eliminated early. So many teams had 8-9 months off between the start of the pandemic and the start of this season, some teams only played competitive basketball for 1-2 months out of those 9 months, and a couple played competitive basketball for 3 of those 9 months.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Obviously I'm not an expert and don't know what I'm talking about... But that doesn't LOOK like an ACL tear.

I feel like every time I've seen a player tear his ACL, his knee moved to the side (like when juking, planting foot etc), not backwards like that.

But again... what do I know.
It looks gross either way so I wouldn't be surprised to hear he tore something, even if not an ACL. Technically it still could be, if my nonexistent anatomy knowledge is correct the ACL is in the middle of the knee so any sort of motion outside the norm could produce a tear.

Similarly though, what do I know. I am no medical expert.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Honestly, most of these injuries haven't had anything to do with a shortened off-season. That's been overblown, mainly driven by LBJ.

1. A lot of these injuries were just freak accidents. Guys landing awkwardly, stepping on players, running into each other, etc. Harden's soft tissue injuries are probably more so due to him being lazy as shit in the off-season and showing up overweight and out of shape.

2. That theory never held much water imo anyway. After the pandemic hit last year, these guys had 4 MONTHS before bubble ball began. Many teams weren't invited to the bubble, so they had the longest off-season of their careers. The teams that did get invited but didn't make the playoffs also had a shit ton of time off, as did the teams who got eliminated early. So many teams had 8-9 months off between the start of the pandemic and the start of this season, some teams only played competitive basketball for 1-2 months out of those 9 months, and a couple played competitive basketball for 3 of those 9 months.

I mean of significant injuries to star (or very key) players we've got...

Lakers - LeBron - (age), fatigue, most likely to have been affected by short offseason. AD - Injury prone, gets groin strain after injury plagued regular season. The Lakers might be the only team that could claim this sort of thing.

Nuggets - Jamal Murray - tears ACL while driving to the basket, no contact made. These injuries happen every single season. I'm not privy to if Murray had an injury plagued season like Derrick Rose did in 2012 or not, but if he didn't , I view it more freak than not.

Nets - James Harden - as you said, he's lazy, he purposely blew the Rockets off and likely stayed out of shape to force a trade. This basically cost him the season and has nothing to do with short offseason. Kyrie Irving had Giannis land on his ankle in what I view as an unfortunate accident. Kyrie is also injury prone.

Celtics - Jaylen Brown breaks his wrist, something that can't really be blamed on having a short offseason and condensed schedule

76ers - Embiid partially tears his meniscus in the 1st round, misses a few games, but comes back and plays on it, though at times definitely looked bother by it. He is also an injury prone player.

Jazz - Mike Conley battled hamstring issues, and Donovan Mitchell got his ankle stepped on. Hamstring you could blame on condensed scheduling, but not for Mitchell.

Suns - Chris Paul, an injury prone player, hurts shoulder in 1st round and is limited most of the series. However, he fully recovers and has an amazing second round before getting COVID and knocking him out the first two games of the WCF.

Clippers - Kawhi, an injury prone player, who sits just for the hell of it to rest, gets an ACL sprain in G4 of the 2nd round going up for a shot. He has yet to return, but another injury I wouldn't blame on anything other than bad luck.

Warriors - Klay Thompson tears his achilles after already missing an entire season prior to this season even starting. Has nothing to do with anything.

Bucks - Greek has a collision with a Hawks player resulting in his knee bending awkwardly. Again has nothing to do with short offseason/condensed schedule.

Hawks - Ref steps on Trae Youngs ankle, knocks him out at least one game.

As you said, some of these teams didn't even have a game from March until December. Others had time off from March until the bubble, and most got knocked out early in the bubble.

Reactions: BNB

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Probably the only team that can claim such schedule related injuries are the Lakers themselves. So in that regard, it makes sense that Lebron is complaining about it. But as has been stated a few times already, for the rest of the league that is not the case.

Reactions: BNB

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
That's great to hear about Giannis.

Pat Bev ran his mouth all series then he gets cooked and he takes a cheap shot. The kind of reason why i never really liked him. I still remember how he went at Westbrook's knees after he got back from being injured due to Pat's recklessness.

Congrats to the Suns. Our tank commander Cameron Payne is in the finals and is an actual contributor lmao.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
How fitting it is that CP3 finally makes the finals and he isn't playing with a diva.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Really happy for CP3 to finally make it to the finals. The man deserves a ring for all he's done in his career. DBook is a heck of a player as well.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

Amazing.. Though I imagine he's out this round. Milwaukee gonna have to win it without him.

I expect Trae Young back next game too.
Not trying to be a dick, but I don't see it as amazing. Once the imaging showed no structural damage it is just a matter of soreness. So it really comes down to it could have been much worse than it was.

Last edited:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not trying to be a dick, but I don't see it as amazing. Once the imaging showed no structural damage it is just a matter of soreness. So it really comes down to it could have been much worse than it was.
I think the amazing thing is that he hyperextended his knee that way and came away with no damage and could feasibly return. Most players who have that type of thing happen to their leg would probably have tore their whole knee up

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the amazing thing is that he hyperextended his knee that way and came away with no damage and could feasibly return. Most players who have that type of thing happen to their leg would probably have tore their whole knee up
Greek Freak for a reason

Status
Not open for further replies.