I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You guys are lucky I didn't win this week... ended my playoff chances.

i guess everyone else owes me a thankyou then! But sorry dude, your team was better than the fate you received

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
i guess everyone else owes me a thankyou then! But sorry dude, your team was better than the fate you received

It happens. Out of 7 leagues, only one I wont make playoffs in. I can accept that lol

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It happens. Out of 7 leagues, only one I wont make playoffs in. I can accept that lol

7 is too many for me. I’m at 3 this season and it’s plenty

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man, my team was the kiss of death for running backs. Like if Sparkle sprinkled her pixie dust on you...fuck you weren't just going to lay a zero turd..you might die.

Teams will knee for you in hushed tones, and whisper prognosis. 3 first quarter catastrophic knee injuries. If I sit you you score 20. I start you you probably get up today and decide not to even play, or coach will change his game plan and my guy gets 5 carries.

Its been a rough season.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Benching Edmonds hurt badly this week for me... Lost my game cause I went with Tee Higgin in the flex over edmonds
I literally could've played anyone on my bench and already had a w in my home league, but I'm sweating over godwin needing just one more catch for 15 yards. So of course all they're throwing him are screens. Or the browns could've gave the ball to Nick fucking Chubb on the goal line and this shit wouldn't matter.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I literally could've played anyone on my bench and already had a w in my home league, but I'm sweating over godwin needing just one more catch for 15 yards. So of course all they're throwing him are screens. Or the browns could've gave the ball to Nick fucking Chubb on the goal line and this shit wouldn't matter.

I also left Kupp on my bench in that league..... It is so annoying when players on the bench go off while everyone you are playing tosses up duds.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

You just won with that Godwin TD.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I also left Kupp on my bench in that league..... It is so annoying when players on the bench go off while everyone you are playing tosses up duds.
It's worse when you take them out at the last minute and they go off

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm going back to 2010 style draft a running back the first 6 rounds.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm going back to 2010 style draft a running back the first 6 rounds.
Every single year it's becoming more and more impossible to find consistent/stable RBs. I'm talking guys who are in workhorse positions who don't get hurt. They just don't exist that much anymore. My strategy is typically try and find one of those guys in the first and then best available WR/RB for rounds 2-8. You get a nice mix of WRs/RBs this way. Then you start looking at a TE and QB around 9/10. And then the big factor of winning any league I've ever won is finding that 1 WW add that takes your team to the next level. This year it was James Robinson.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Every single year it's becoming more and more impossible to find consistent/stable RBs. I'm talking guys who are in workhorse positions who don't get hurt. They just don't exist that much anymore. My strategy is typically try and find one of those guys in the first and then best available WR/RB for rounds 2-8. You get a nice mix of WRs/RBs this way. Then you start looking at a TE and QB around 9/10. And then the big factor of winning any league I've ever won is finding that 1 WW add that takes your team to the next level. This year it was James Robinson.

Depends where I'm at in the draft and how it goes, but I generally try to end up with a lot of WRs/RBs. Sometimes people are hoarding RBs, so I just keep taking WRs.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Marvin Jones Jr vs. HOU on Thursday
Claypool vs BAL on Sunday

For flex. .5PPR. The obvious choice here is Claypool and I'm doing the classic overthink. Jones has a good matchup and Golladay is out again. Amendola is banged up too. Jones has been solid since Golladay has been out. Stafford is also banged up or was at least impacted last week with a thumb injury.

I'm nervous that for whatever reason the PIT/BAL games gets cancelled or postponed if more positive cases turn up. I don't really have another flex option that isn't injured or a desperate play. Do I play Jones on Thursday or roll the dice with Claypool on Sunday?

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:

For flex. .5PPR. The obvious choice here is Claypool and I'm doing the classic overthink. Jones has a good matchup and Golladay is out again. Amendola is banged up too. Jones has been solid since Golladay has been out. Stafford is also banged up or was at least impacted last week with a thumb injury.

I'm nervous that for whatever reason the PIT/BAL games gets cancelled or postponed if more positive cases turn up. I don't really have another flex option that isn't injured or a desperate play. Do I play Jones on Thursday or roll the dice with Claypool on Sunday?
Jones

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

CC: @gpphat @Novak @ijustposthere @Jamais Vu

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

If you're that worried, Jones. Otherwise I go claypool. I'm in the same boat with diontae, but my pivot is godwin if swift plays.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
If you look at him over the last five weeks he has been decent. Houston sucks ass, it is at home on Thanksgiving, and it sounds like everyone else that Stafford throws to is injured.

I think that is the play. The Pittsburgh game is in question for covid. Claypool is awesome when he gets the targets but Roth has way more people to throw the ball to than Stafford does so sometimes those numbers just aren't there every week. Baltimore also has a significantly better defense than the Texans.

Here look at the last 5 weeks of scoring in a .5 ppr league.

Edit: if this was next week and was Jones vs Bears or Claypool vs Washington I would completely go the other direction.

fantasyfootball.png
fantasyfootball1.png

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If you look at him over the last five weeks he has been decent. Houston sucks ass, it is at home on Thanksgiving, and it sounds like everyone else that Stafford throws to is injured.

I think that is the play. The Pittsburgh game is in question for covid. Claypool is awesome when he gets the targets but Roth has way more people to throw the ball to than Stafford does so sometimes those numbers just aren't there every week. Baltimore also has a significantly better defense than the Texans.

Here look at the last 5 weeks of scoring in a .5 ppr league.

Edit: if this was next week and was Jones vs Bears or Claypool vs Washington I would completely go the other direction.

View attachment 8688
View attachment 8689
It's a tough call. I think Jones is a ballsy play, but has the higher ceiling. There's alot of dynamics at play here.

Jones - At home, should be high scoring, Golladay is out, but Staffords hand is fucked up.

Claypool - This game has the lowest O/U of the week but, better offense. I'm also playing against Big Ben so I'm also taking that into consideration.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
It's a tough call. I think Jones is a ballsy play, but has the higher ceiling. There's alot of dynamics at play here.

Jones - At home, should be high scoring, Golladay is out, but Staffords hand is fucked up.

Claypool - This game has the lowest O/U of the week but, better offense. I'm also playing against Big Ben so I'm also taking that into consideration.

The problem with that is that it is a giant double edged sword. He throws to Claypool all afternoon and you both score a bunch of points. He throws to Diontae or JuJu or even Conner all day and you get double fucked.

That would actually make me want to play Jones more.

Ok question for you. I cannot figure out my flex spot or second RB this week.

I need one RB spot and a flex spot and here are the options.

Josh Jacobs
Chase Edmonds
Rojo

Godwin
T Higgins
J Jones - passing because of his damnstring
Kupp

Which two are you playing one has to be an RB??