2020 NBA Draft Thread

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Tyrus Thomas 2.0. Tyrus had a great tourney and nothing else came of it.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I think this pick signals a long-term investment, and hopefully a realization that this roster cannot compete in the next two years.

If I was GM, my next move: sell off Lavine in return for draft assets plus a far smaller contract to create cap space. Then take on a Seabrook-like contract in exchange for more draft capital. Acquire significant draft assets while evaluating and developing Williams/Coby/Wendell.

Make the moves now to seriously compete in 2022/2023.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Good thing the Bulls still have GarPax scouting Patrick Williams, and they have Jim Boylen to develop him as a professional.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
@Gustavus Adolphus

Your right. about FSU. But I went ahead and did a little research since I really never watched him play. Name one game he performed well against a team that wasn't garbage. Lets also put in perspective that this is probably the worst the ACC has been in my entire 30+ years watching the ACC (Georgia Tech fan). I'm not saying he may not turn out to be good. but man was this a reach and a half at #4 for a projected PF where we have Lauri and Gafford. Can he play the 3? I don't know but he sure doesn't shoot well enough from college 3. So yeah, I may be speculating but rightly so.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I have no clue about Williams, but I applaud the approach of the new FO: recognizing that high-floor-low-ceiling picks will never work in today's NBA, got to swing for the fences on occasion and the Williams pick fits that preferred risk-profile.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only reason I'm not bitching and going crazy about this is because of the new administration. I give them the benefit of the doubt. These guys drafted Jokic and Murray. They turned out ok. The kid is 19 and is already good friends with Coby White. Who knows, he might turn out ok. Zach Lavine averaged 9ppg in college and he's a big deal now. Devin Booker also came off the bench in college and he turned out well.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I didn't care who they picked as long as it wasn't ball so I can handle this.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
And how bout the big time bluff from AK from a few weeks/month-ish ago - He said something along the lines that the BPA at #4 is going to be a PG. The Bulls were then heavily linked to Ball, which I doubt they were ever serious about.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I think most of us would prefer to draft a player at fourth overall who was at least good enough to be a starter for Florida State.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Only reason I'm not bitching and going crazy about this is because of the new administration. I give them the benefit of the doubt. These guys drafted Jokic and Murray. They turned out ok. The kid is 19 and is already good friends with Coby White. Who knows, he might turn out ok. Zach Lavine averaged 9ppg in college and he's a big deal now. Devin Booker also came off the bench in college and he turned out well.
Well, just a quick glance shows the guy they just drafted played for the same team Jokic did. So, maybe AK has a good relationship with that pipeline.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Well, just a quick glance shows the guy they just drafted played for the same team Jokic did. So, maybe AK has a good relationship with that pipeline.
The second pick just from reading briefly about him reminds me of korbet. Tall guy that can shoot and likely score at this level, but may not be able to stay on the court because he can't guard any position