2021-2022 IGT Masterthread

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Need to win 9 of 15 to hit 50. Doable if we believe Caruso gets us over the hump with some of these good teams. I imagine Ball comes back somewhere here too.

Of the absolute best teams, we play Phoenix, Milwaukee 2x, and Miami. We play 6 other teams in a Top 8 seed playoff position (all teams we've beaten at least once too). Sacramento, NOLA, NYK, Washington, and Charlotte are all "easy" games.
Out of all the top teams, Milwaukee really doesn’t worry me that much. They’re tough, but the bulls have been shorthanded every time they played them and almost won both games.

Miami worries me a lot. They constantly move without the ball and set a lot of screens which the bulls struggle with and defensively, they are extremely fast and have excellent rotations. I think bulls lose to Philly and Miami in the playoffs if they meet but I like our chances against anyone else.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Need to win 9 of 15 to hit 50. Doable if we believe Caruso gets us over the hump with some of these good teams. I imagine Ball comes back somewhere here too.

Of the absolute best teams, we play Phoenix, Milwaukee 2x, and Miami. We play 6 other teams in a Top 8 seed playoff position (all teams we've beaten at least once too). Sacramento, NOLA, NYK, Washington, and Charlotte are all "easy" games.
If we give benefit of the doubt and say we will win all the "easy" games, that's half the total required to win 50. So just need to get 4-5 quality wins out of the 15 games. Sounds very doable, but we'll see...we still suck vs good teams with or without Caruso I think

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If we give benefit of the doubt and say we will win all the "easy" games, that's half the total required to win 50. So just need to get 4-5 quality wins out of the 15 games. Sounds very doable, but we'll see...we still suck vs good teams with or without Caruso I think
Track record vs Top 6 teams in the league, with or without Caruso, is indeed terrible. Terrible as in zero wins.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Out of all the top teams, Milwaukee really doesn’t worry me that much. They’re tough, but the bulls have been shorthanded every time they played them and almost won both games.

Miami worries me a lot. They constantly move without the ball and set a lot of screens which the bulls struggle with and defensively, they are extremely fast and have excellent rotations. I think bulls lose to Philly and Miami in the playoffs if they meet but I like our chances against anyone else.
Indeed they have played Milwaukee closely. Bad bounces happened for them to lose at the end, so kind of makes the two games meaningless in a matchup debate.

I still have large doubts on them being able to beat them in any kind of playoff series though.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Indeed they have played Milwaukee closely. Bad bounces happened for them to lose at the end, so kind of makes the two games meaningless in a matchup debate.

I still have large doubts on them being able to beat them in any kind of playoff series though.
Ye of little faith

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Based on their regular season performances, it is safe to assume the Bulls will not win any playoff series unless it is against the Cavs lol

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ye of little faith
More of the superstar factor for me than what Milwaukee actually is.

Milwaukee is really a hard team for anyone to trust. Even though they won the ship last year, no one really believed in them.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Chicago Bulls (41-26) at Sacramento Kings (24-45)

Projected Starters

Chicago Bulls

PG - Ayo Dosunmu
SG - Coby White
SF - DeMar DeRozan
PF - Javonte Green
C - Nikola Vucevic

Sacramento Kings

PG - De'Aaron Fox
SG - Donte DiVincenzo
SF - Harrison Barnes
PF - Trey Lyles
C - Damontas Sabonis

Injury Report

Chicago Bulls
Lonzo Ball - Out (Knee)
Patrick Williams - Out (Wrist)
Zach Lavine - Questionable (Knee)

Sacramento Kings
Justin Holiday - Questionable (Illness)
Alex Len - Questionable (Back)
Jeremy Lamb - Out (Personal)
Terrence Davis - Out (Wrist)

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Ugggh a 9 pm game. I was planning to be sleeping at that time

Any word on LaVine? Just managing the knee with rest days?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm gonna miss this one.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ugggh a 9 pm game. I was planning to be sleeping at that time

Any word on LaVine? Just managing the knee with rest days?
Yeah just load management is what I can see

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
With Zach out, this is nowhere near a gimme. That starting 5 for the Kings is pretty decent

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Time for the “Carushow”

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
One thing that drives me nuts about this team, especially Vuc: Follow your shot! Was one of the first things I learned when playing. Fundamentals.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I know I’m in the minority on this, but I don’t hate what the kings are doing. Sabonis and fox make a nice duo. And davion Mitchell and dicincenzo are two solid complimentary wing players…and they still have Barnes for now lol. Considering the kings can’t use FA to attract stars, they managed to get an all star in sabonis to build around
#CalledIt

Davion Mitchell showing why him paired with Fox made Halliburton expendable to bring in Sabonis…who is one of the more skilled big men in the league.

If the kings own their own draft pick this season to add to what they have, I really like them as a playoff team next year

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Back to within 3 with 8 and a half to go

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Tough loss, but saw it coming. When does Lonzo get back?! lol

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I would just love to see everyone fully healthy... Or at least everyone back and playing since it seems Zach will not be 100 but I guess rest him enough for the playoffs.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Did they really lose to the kings during this crucial stretch? Missed the 2nd half but the bulls came out flat as hell. Disappointing