2021-2022 IGT Masterthread

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
AKME has done a good job with the roster and changing the culture but they need another sizable shakeup in the off-season

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
AKME has done a good job with the roster and changing the culture but they need another sizable shakeup in the off-season
Knowing Jerry the only goal is to be a playoff team. He’s doing it right now with the white Sox. So idk if he would allow a sizable shakeup without playoff guarantees.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Zach says he and DeRozan are "best duo in the league." That is the most preposterous statement I've heard in a long long time. Reality is Bulls are NOT a good team. Period. 2 all stars and a marginal 3rd in Vooch. Why are they this bad? I'd say Bulls right now are one of the worst in the league. You have to look at coaching right? Donovan has gotten out of 1st round ONE TIME in his career. 2 all stars and a marginal 3rd one and yet 0-16 vs top teams in each conference? Something is very wrong...and u can't ignore coaching in this mess.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Honestly...how much worse would this team be w Jim Boylen? Seriously. With this talent....to completely implode like this? Donovan is a likeable guy. I like listening to him talk...but this team with all this supposed talent is in a meteoric free fall. This 0-16 to good teams is in record setting territory. Karnisovis made a MASSIVE mistake right out of the gate w the Vucevic deal...and in reality has crafted together a bad team. It was fun for a minute...but their 15 minutes of glory is up.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've got nothing.

Team will limp into the playoffs. Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if they do enough to keep the 5th seed. I have doubts they manage to fall into the play-in game.... but still probably lose in the 1st.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Shop Vuc and Coby hard in the off-season. Bulls need to get much more athletic and faster in the front court and need more perimeter defenders with length
The team needs more size in general. A lot of the roster is made of guys 6'5-6'7, but we only have a couple guys above that height. And most of the rotation is those 6'5 guys. Sure you can dump Vuc somewhere, but you'd have to get something solid in return. He's essentially the only big on the roster. His contract will be expiring though so perhaps there's a solid value to be had there.

I never expected this team to go past 2nd round, but sadly the way they're playing of late I'm not even sure they can make the 1st round. An unfortunate turnaround from the beginning of the season where it seemed like they were a lock to make the 2nd round at least. All that defense we saw in the first couple months of the year must've been fake news.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Bulls remaining schedule is
@New Orleans
@Cleveland
@ New York
@Washington
LA Clippers
Miami
Milwaukee
Boston
Charlotte
@Minnesota.

They could win the next 6 games, which would really be needed because they for sure losing to Miami and Milwaukee, and the way Boston has been playing, probably them too. They can beat Charlotte and Minnesota to close out the season. Of course this go also go any other way.

Finishing the season 8-3 probably keeps them where they are at 5th. But big question if they can win all those games.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
@New Orleans
@Cleveland
@ New York
@Washington
LA Clippers
Miami
Milwaukee
Boston
Charlotte
@Minnesota.

They could win the next 6 games, which would really be needed because they for sure losing to Miami and Milwaukee, and the way Boston has been playing, probably them too. They can beat Charlotte and Minnesota to close out the season. Of course this go also go any other way.

Finishing the season 8-3 probably keeps them where they are at 5th. But big question if they can win all those games.
Considering the bulls record on the road, there’s no way in hell they win their next 4 games

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
@New Orleans
@Cleveland
@ New York
@Washington
LA Clippers
Miami
Milwaukee
Boston
Charlotte
@Minnesota.

8 wins seems like a big stretch right now. Maybe 4 wins is doable.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
The team needs more size in general. A lot of the roster is made of guys 6'5-6'7, but we only have a couple guys above that height. And most of the rotation is those 6'5 guys. Sure you can dump Vuc somewhere, but you'd have to get something solid in return. He's essentially the only big on the roster. His contract will be expiring though so perhaps there's a solid value to be had there.

I never expected this team to go past 2nd round, but sadly the way they're playing of late I'm not even sure they can make the 1st round. An unfortunate turnaround from the beginning of the season where it seemed like they were a lock to make the 2nd round at least. All that defense we saw in the first couple months of the year must've been fake news.
Vucs expiring deal should be enticing. Bulls need to find a replacement who can actually move on defense and cover ground. Vuc makes brad Miller look like bam adebayo…

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Vucs expiring deal should be enticing. Bulls need to find a replacement who can actually move on defense and cover ground. Vuc makes brad Miller look like bam adebayo…
Who's your pick then? I don't see anyone better than Vuc at the center position being feasible available so just curious who you got in mind.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Who's your pick then? I don't see anyone better than Vuc at the center position being feasible available so just curious who you got in mind.
Matt Fish still around?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Don’t have anyone in mind really. It wouldn’t even have to be a C for C swap…if they could trade Vuc for a wing or perhaps PF I would be ok with that too as long as they can find another way to acquire a tougher and more defensive minded C. I have no idea who is available in free agency or could be had for trade. All I know is I do not want Vuc on the team next year.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don’t have anyone in mind really. It wouldn’t even have to be a C for C swap…if they could trade Vuc for a wing or perhaps PF I would be ok with that too as long as they can find another way to acquire a tougher and more defensive minded C. I have no idea who is available in free agency or could be had for trade. All I know is I do not want Vuc on the team next year.
So let's say we sign someone like Nerlens Noel. He's long and a good interior defender. He's also injured a lot and doesn't have much offense. Good enough? Or perhaps we need to reunite Steven Adams with BD.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
So let's say we sign someone like Nerlens Noel. He's long and a good interior defender. He's also injured a lot and doesn't have much offense. Good enough? Or perhaps we need to reunite Steven Adams with BD.
Nerlens is too injury prone. Adams would be cool but he’s also an expiring deal and don’t see a realistic trade for him. I’d have to give some thought to see who’s available….how’s the blazers pick looking? Bulls have their own 1st as well don’t though? Maybe could address C with that.

Either way, todays PGs are too quick and explosive in the PnR. You need your bigs to cover ground and at the very least, pretend to be interested in playing defense. Vuc is just too big of a liability and he’s too inconsistent offensively to justify it. He really seems to be a guy who was able to post good offensive numbers on a bad team but never really contributed to winning basketball.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Hope y’all catching ESPN showing Memphis some love. Not just the team, but the city. Even though, @RamiTheBullsFan would say Cleveland is a better city than Memphis and the entire south

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Chicago Bulls (42-30) at New Orleans Pelicans (30-42)

Projected Starting Lineups

Chicago Bulls

PG - Ayo Dosumnu
SG - Alex Caruso
SF - Zach Lavine
PF - Javonte Green
C - Nikola Vucevic

New Orleans Pelicans

PG - Devonte Graham
SG - CJ McCollum
SF - Herbert Jones
PF - Jaxson Hayes