1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Beep beep

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I’m trying to think of a bulls player who hasn’t played well lately…can’t think of anyone. Bulls just plugging in guys and they keep performing. Vuc and Coby are picking it up. Pretty crazy

Even Coby is starting to turn it around

Vuc went from scrub to superman mode really quickly too, it's like he flipped a switch and now he's going to average 20/20 for the rest of the season I guess. Go on Vuc.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Beep beep.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Bulls shoot 62% from the field, 45.5% from 3, and 77% from the line
coby shot 6/14 from the field, 3/9 from 3, and 2/4 from the free throw line

the assists were encouraging, but let’s get a little perspective on the performance still please

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Even Coby is starting to turn it around

Vuc went from scrub to superman mode really quickly too, it's like he flipped a switch and now he's going to average 20/20 for the rest of the season I guess. Go on Vuc.
Vuc definitely seems more comfortable and is not overthinking. Looking for his shot more and not second guessing. He’s also shown more spirit defensively and overall has better energy.

If Coby can keep improving and stay consistent this team is gonna be damn near unbeatable when Zo and Caruso come back

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Bulls shoot 62% from the field, 45.5% from 3, and 77% from the line
coby shot 6/14 from the field, 3/9 from 3, and 2/4 from the free throw line

the assists were encouraging, but let’s get a little perspective on the performance still please
He played a good game Knox cmon lol…still has to prove it consistently but he wasn’t a turnstile defensively, made some great passes, and scored on decent efficiency. I’ll take that game from Coby all day every day. So what that the bulls shot 65% and 45% from 3? That probably won’t happen again this season

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He played a good game Knox cmon lol…still has to prove it consistently but he wasn’t a turnstile defensively, made some great passes, and scored on decent efficiency. I’ll take that game from Coby all day every day. So what that the bulls shot 65% and 45% from 3? That probably won’t happen again this season
It’s pointing out that shooting wise, he was still the worst out on the court for the bulls % wise.

he was still very poor defensively IMO

again, I was encouraged by the assists and the pace he played with. I hope his shooting comes along, because the defense never will lol

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
What’s going to happen is now people are going to start saying how the bulls shouldn’t trade coby because now he’s playing well…but really, the bulls should capitalize on any stretch of good play by coby and move him while they can

Enasic

Liked Posts:
It’s pointing out that shooting wise, he was still the worst out on the court for the bulls % wise.

he was still very poor defensively IMO

again, I was encouraged by the assists and the pace he played with. I hope his shooting comes along, because the defense never will lol
Shot the worst when the team shot 65%? Lol…sure, I guess you have a point???

I also disagree that his defense was poor. It was much improved and I didn’t say anything egregiously bad. Was a solid effort defensively. Still has a ways to go there but his defense was fine. I also think 12 assists is a season high for any bulls player this season. Lonzo had 11 before. I’ve been as hard and down on Coby as anyone but trying to stay unbiased here….easy to forget he’s still only 21 and that shoulder injury really set him back

Enasic

Liked Posts:
What’s going to happen is now people are going to start saying how the bulls shouldn’t trade coby because now he’s playing well…but really, the bulls should capitalize on any stretch of good play by coby and move him while they can
I’d be surprised if anyone labels Coby untouchable. If a deal makes sense, you trade him

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I want him to be playing at an all-star level for the next six weeks....

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Shot the worst when the team shot 65%? Lol…sure, I guess you have a point???

I also disagree that his defense was poor. It was much improved and I didn’t say anything egregiously bad. Was a solid effort defensively. Still has a ways to go there but his defense was fine. I also think 12 assists is a season high for any bulls player this season. Lonzo had 11 before. I’ve been as hard and down on Coby as anyone but trying to stay unbiased here….easy to forget he’s still only 21 and that shoulder injury really set him back
Yes, in a game where the bulls scored at will…Coby still struggled to do so the most

I’m staying plenty unbiased here, the numbers are what the numbers are. I saw him get roster defensively several times

and yes…for the 3rd time, I’m extremely pleased with the assists and pace he played with

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yes, in a game where the bulls scored at will…Coby still struggled to do so the most

I’m staying plenty unbiased here, the numbers are what the numbers are. I saw him get roster defensively several times

and yes…for the 3rd time, I’m extremely pleased with the assists and pace he played with
If a "beat Coby White gif" existed, I'd post it, but this will have to do:

dead-horse-spank.gif

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
If a "beat Coby White gif" existed, I'd post it, but this will have to do:

dead-horse-spank.gif

just critiquing his play, like any other bulls player. Only difference is the rush to defend coby by some on here…guess we need a gif for that too

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
just critiquing his play, like any other bulls player. Only difference is the rush to defend coby by some on here…guess we need a gif for that too
By Coby White standards, he had a solid game.

His shooting was only slightly worse than DeMar's was yesterday, yet no one criticizing DeMar for not shooting the team average of 65%.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:

I don't even think you realize just how ridiculous your take is right now ., You've lost all context when it comes to Coby

Coby had offseason shoulder surgery 2 weeks after the season ended and really couldn't work on his game all summer .

The Bulls basically changed the entire team during that time

The NBA cut training camp down to 2 weeks but even so

The majority of the other players have had 2 weeks of training camp and then 25-30 games to get to know each on the floor and figure out how they fit especially everyone outside of the big 4 and Caruso

Coby is only on game 14 and actually had a Covid disruption a week and a half after returning and is only a week returning from that .

Youve been on him since game one and it makes no sense considering the three youngest Bulls are

PWill 20 years old
Coby 21 yrs old
TBJ 21 yrs old

yeah thats right all the other players including AYO are actually older than TBJ and Coby and so it would just be ridiculously shortsighted to be in a hurry to dump any one of those three for just any bigman right now .

Enasic

Liked Posts:
By Coby White standards, he had a solid game.

His shooting was only slightly worse than DeMar's was yesterday, yet no one criticizing DeMar for not shooting the team average of 65%.
Yep. Cobys two biggest problems have always been defense and offensive consistency.

While his shooting wasn’t great yesterday, that was probably the best overall game of his career. His defense was averageish as opposed to abysmal and he made some great decisions. Wasn’t a great shooting night, but not terrible either. If Coby can give the Bulls consistent play like yesterday (wont have as many assists, obviously), that’s an enormous boost off the bench.

I’ve been one of Cobys biggest critics. But trying to stay objective here. He’s only 21, had no off-season, and I think just only recently got his legs under him. Then the covid protos. He seems to be slowly turning a corner. Is it in the bag? No. He may never get there but definitely still plenty of time for him.