Mooney on offense

Johnson on Defense

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Devin Aromashadu is such a big target. I think he breaks out.
Fuck. The last 4 games of 2009. I thought he was about to become a 1,000 yard receiver for YEARS. Maybe he got lost in Lovie's doghouse after that stretch...

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kmet, with an accurate QB, not elite, but a strong player
Miller, same deal, better, accurate QB
Fields, but that's to be expected

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
JUSTIN FIELDS!

Fuck everybody else. ?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Maybe not breakout but comeback player…Eddie jackson

breakout player on O…MoonMan

On defense…graham jr

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Mooney gets at least 1000 yards this year if Fields is playing no later than week 3. I think ARob has an underwhelming season. I don't think he matches the numbers that he has been matching the past seasons. At least not the number of catches. He might get the yardage but the total number of catches go down.

On defense, I think Eddie Jackson comes back to life and gets put back in the system that was great for him.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
Does Matt Nageee count. If so, Nagy

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

I'm gonna go Kmet on offense and E.Jackson on defense.

I also think Mooney will breakout especially after Fields takes over and i think Kmet will take that next step with Dalton or Fields starting. I might be using more hope when i say Eddie for the defense but i do think he'll be good this year.
I don't think you understand the definition of breakout. Eddie had his breakout season, thus the wonderful contract he nows has.

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm going big here. Anthony Miller on offense if he is still a Bear. Kmet if miller is not on the team

Vildor on defense

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This is a good call. He was awesome last year and could be even better not having to play on the nose half the time.

Would love if he was ten Sept extension this year before he costs a ton.
Yeah i'm a huge Nichols fan and he could be playing for taking Hicks' starting job from him in 2022. I've seen enough from him already to pay him but gotta get him for the right price. If we could get him on a 3-4 year deal somewhere around $7 mil per i would sign up for that.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don't think you understand the definition of breakout. Eddie had his breakout season, thus the wonderful contract he nows has.
After the last couple of years i think he needs to breakout again....lol. Someone said it better in another post where they said they see him more as a comeback player so i'll go with that.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Interesting list. Devante Adams isn't even close to a comparison to Miller. Adams broke out his 3rd year with nearly 1000 yards and 12 TDs and is a completely different type of WR.

Robert Woods is a comparison I've made before for Miller. I think Miller could/should be that type of player. Similar size, build and speed with Woods being slightly bigger. Both depend on their route running for separation. But the big difference is Woods was a 24-year old FA, but Miller turned 24 as a rookie. And it took Woods going to his 2nd team (from Buffalo to the Rams) before he put it all together. Miller would probably have to get 80+ catches, 900 yards and over 6 TDs for the Bears to even think about re-signing him. Maybe Fields can bring that out of him, but seems unlikely to me.

Nelson Agholor is also interesting. Probably a more realistic career path for Miller than Woods and Adams. Philly fans hated Agholor the way Bears fans go after Miller. He had a couple decent years for the Eagles but then reverted back to disappointing in his 5th year option year. But he was able to put up numbers again in Vegas and get a decent deal from NE.

Liked Posts:
Mooney, Montey, Nicols, Jaylon Johnson, &Vildor.

Kmet will significantly improve to the tune of 500 to 600 yards and 7 or 8 TDS. I think next season is Kmets money shot.

With the defensive players this is assuming that BOTH Hicks and Goldman are on the field and starting all season.

Those two ARE a vital presence and we cannot lose either one. If those two are on the field Nicols, Mack, Quinn & CO. will be better..

TheWinman

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
After the last couple of years i think he needs to breakout again....lol. Someone said it better in another post where they said they see him more as a comeback player so i'll go with that.
Yeah, I would go with the comeback, but then again so people think that you have to be coming off an injury to get that label. lol

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I don’t think it will be Kmet. I am fairly confident that his ceiling is Kyle Rudolph. I just don’t see a dynamic athlete or down field receiver.

I am not saying that is a bad thing. If he is a 600 yards and 6 TDs and is a plus blocker I will be very happy.

I just don’t see a difference maker. I see a very solid offensive starter.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that 600 yards and 6 TEs for a TE that doesn't do a lot downfield, who is a legit blocker, would make him a difference maker. A reliable TE on short and medium routes makes a difference in two ways.

1) he'll be a primary target on short yardage, play action plays. He'll be on the field for running downs and in play action, will give us a lot of first downs in such circumstances.

2) he'll have opportunities to draw a safety away from Robinson/Mooney. If he's a solid receiving option in the middle, our outside receivers will get more 1-on-1.

He doesn't need to get 1000 yards to be a difference maker. If he plays up to his potential, he will be a key piece in extending drives.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I expect Kmet to be far more involved with around 5+ targets a game. Not sure he quite breaks out this year, but expect a big step forward with a promising future by end of year.

I think Robert Quinn has a big bounce back of a year. He will be healthy to start the year along with a much stronger DL with Goldman coming back and shoring up the run game.