2021 CCS Fantasy League

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
My home league would probably veto that shit. Bunch of bitches.

That would drive me up the wall, we have said it before...no trades should be vetoed unless there is collusion.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
FWIW, this was proposed to me. I thought about it for 5 seconds. I'm dangerously thin at RB if anyone has some depth they would like to part with lol

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So i guess my kicker has covid or is in protocol. Already tired of this shit.
I kinda forgot how big of a headache that shit was last year with all of the games changing/scheduling.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
That would drive me up the wall, we have said it before...no trades should be vetoed unless there is collusion.
I remember trading Emmanuel Sanders for aaron Jones right before Jones broke out and it was getting vetoed because they didn't know the talent that Jones was. I had to push it through like three times. Two weeks later Jones became the starter and savers tore his achilles. I keep telling these assholes, you can't predict the future. I never veto anything.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
FWIW, this was proposed to me. I thought about it for 5 seconds. I'm dangerously thin at RB if anyone has some depth they would like to part with lol
I would've did that in a heart beat. I like aiyuk this year, I just wish he was going a little later. RB is mostly trash this year imo. Gonna be interesting on waivers lol

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would've did that in a heart beat. I like aiyuk this year, I just wish he was going a little later. RB is mostly trash this year imo. Gonna be interesting on waivers lol
I was scouring the WW early and it is non-existent at the RB position. After I accepted the trade, decided I needed some insurance at RB and tried to find a guy with a little upside. Ended up with..

Giovani Bernard! RB3 for the TB Bucs lmao. Sound like he will get 3rd down work so atleast I got that going for me

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I was scouring the WW early and it is non-existent at the RB position. After I accepted the trade, decided I needed some insurance at RB and tried to find a guy with a little upside. Ended up with..

Giovani Bernard! RB3 for the TB Bucs lmao. Sound like he will get 3rd down work so atleast I got that going for me
I'm in the same boat lol. Picked up Michel and Stevenson after the trade just hoping for some value. Likely my first cuts lmao

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No reason to veto any trade IMO, unless it's clear collusion. If someone gets taken advantage of, that's their fault am I right?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
This. It’s why I went RB with my first three picks. Load up on the ones that will get plenty of playing time, and then pick up some guys as injuries happen. Mike Davis was the dude to pick up on waivers last year…whomst will it be this season?

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This. It’s why I went RB with my first three picks. Load up on the ones that will get plenty of playing time, and then pick up some guys as injuries happen. Mike Davis was the dude to pick up on waivers last year…whomst will it be this season?
This is usually what I plan to do, at the very least get 2 Rb's with my first 3 but Jefferson falling to me in the 2nd I gambled that either Mixon or Dobbins could make it back to me. After you took Dobbins and DK was there who I had as a 2nd round player, no way I was taking Chris Carson over him. Etienne getting hurt put the nail in the coffin for my RB's

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
This is usually what I plan to do, at the very least get 2 Rb's with my first 3 but Jefferson falling to me in the 2nd I gambled that either Mixon or Dobbins could make it back to me. After you took Dobbins and DK was there who I had as a 2nd round player, no way I was taking Chris Carson over him. Etienne getting hurt put the nail in the coffin for my RB's
I let the draft dictate what I do. I'd like to go rb/rb, but it doesn't always work out.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I let the draft dictate what I do. I'd like to go rb/rb, but it doesn't always work out.
Yeah, I prefer loading up on RB's, but sometimes the draft goes in a different direction. I thought Jefferson was a long shot to make it to me in the 2nd and did not think Metcalf would even be available. So hard to pass them up for Mixon, Dobbins, or Carson. I was just gambling Etienne and Mostert could fill that RB2 role. Now I got to hope Mostert can stay healthy for the first time in his career

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yeah, I prefer loading up on RB's, but sometimes the draft goes in a different direction. I thought Jefferson was a long shot to make it to me in the 2nd and did not think Metcalf would even be available. So hard to pass them up for Mixon, Dobbins, or Carson. I was just gambling Etienne and Mostert could fill that RB2 role. Now I got to hope Mostert can stay healthy for the first time in his career

I got Sermon, so I can't wait until Mostert goes down :smug2:

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My preferred strategy is RB/WR or WR/RB in the first two. This draft played out different where at 7 - there wasn't a RB available that I felt confident in so went WR. Coming back around, same situation. So I loaded up on two top 5 WRs and will let that roll.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The trades are flying!! Number two and the pre season isn’t even over yet!

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Najee coming my way. I almost took him in the draft but went for CEH because of the offense.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

As far as missed drafts go I was both drunk and stoned at least(and got Mahomes somehow...I'm basically missing a flex player and depth but I might manage to be competitive to lesser teams).

I only had two backs, and I'll trust my gut about Moss taking over goalline duties. Aiyuk could pop off, but I'm patching this thing together and got Hilton and Aghalor off waivers in a deeper WR pool. Not that I like it, but its a win for me overall and a win for them.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry, just doing my best to mop up a mess.

Autodraft gave me two kickers, lol. Never seen that before.

Overall I feel pretty good about it shaking out. My first 3 picks are solid and I have picked some of the other value guys in my other drafts. Certainly can't complain about a dealt hand.