2021 $ign Jameis Winston

meangreek

Liked Posts:
Its a real possibilty, The Tampa connection to the Bears is real. I live in Tampa and Winston is similiar to Cutler.
I dont see the Bears blowing this thing up yet. He looks like the best choice out of free agency. Maybe with some luck the guy can turn it around in Chicago. Probably not, but this is one of our choices. I can see the Bears spinning this guy on us

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Bears have little wiggle room with the cap next year. In fact, a guy like Akiem Hicks is going to become a cap casualty.

Winston is affordable, cheap cap hit. Potential big bang for buck signing.
Fuck that.....he is horrible and he proved it against the 49ers. If he didn’t have Kamara and Thomas around him he would have been even worse. Potential for a wasted season with a washed up Qb....yet again

Last edited:

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Im kinda still interested in Alex Smith as a bridge. Wont Washington be drafting a new QB? We will too but ours wont be as highly drafted. Maybe Alex would consider a situation like that. Id be happy for a smart QB who knows the system and doesnt turn the ball over.. can just get it where it needs to go- spreading it around. I still think Foles would be ok for next year if we had an offensive line/ some running game.. but whatever. Alex doesnt necessarily = Foles.
He is a statue back there. We don’t need an 37 year old statue, might as well just play his backup because he won’t last long. Foles needs to go as well

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Saints signed Hill to a 2 year 21 million extension this past offseason. Sean Payton must have no homo love for the kid
and they over paid him.
There is a reason he isn’t a starting quarterback in this league
There is a reason he isn't a starting running back in this league
There is a reason he isn’t a starting wide receiver in this league

Last edited:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im kinda still interested in Alex Smith as a bridge. Wont Washington be drafting a new QB? We will too but ours wont be as highly drafted. Maybe Alex would consider a situation like that. Id be happy for a smart QB who knows the system and doesnt turn the ball over.. can just get it where it needs to go- spreading it around. I still think Foles would be ok for next year if we had an offensive line/ some running game.. but whatever. Alex doesnt necessarily = Foles.
I was with you enthusiastically and flowing down the river of paragraph with enthusiasm and then no fault of yours I pictured Alex Smith getting reinjured behind our o-line.

I'm with it but please remodel the o-line and protect the man with a road grading system catered to the home field.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only way I sign him is to a one year deal, just to tank and get the number one pick. BTW, I never want to do that either.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. He’s a loser. Plus they’re not going to eat Foles contract. Fucking Special person in charge with that contract and a draft pick.

coolio

Liked Posts:
Winston will NEVER be brought in due to that Uber driver incident.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The only way I sign him is to a one year deal, just to tank and get the number one pick. BTW, I never want to do that either.

I honestly think he'd be better here than Foles would be....so overall its not the right move if you wanna tank, lol.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Fun Fact about Taysom Hill: his combine stats are on par with Christian McCaffrey. It's possible Hill is the best athlete in the NFL. Meanwhile, the biggest news about Winston is that he got Lasik.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fun Fact about Taysom Hill: his combine stats are on par with Christian McCaffrey. It's possible Hill is the best athlete in the NFL. Meanwhile, the biggest news about Winston is that he got Lasik.
And once through for 5,000+ yards.
And has 10x the arm talent of Hill.
And has a better body and durability and pocket strength than either Mitch or Foles who go down like children at a water slide and a Mongolian whore respectively but not respectfully.

(Edit: apologies to all Mongolians, whores or not, this is about a legend of a race that is nearly mythical to the west, and not intended to be factually accurate or flow with reality)

msadows

Liked Posts:

He's not even the best athlete at the QB position, much less the nfl....

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I honestly think he'd be better here than Foles would be....so overall its not the right move if you wanna tank, lol.

Maybe, but You would likely loss to more teams you beat when mitch was starting.

Bust

Liked Posts:
No. He’s a loser. Plus they’re not going to eat Foles contract. Fucking Special person in charge with that contract and a draft pick.

Foles has a 6.6 million cap hit for 2021 season, that's plenty fine to keep him on the roster. Bears paid Chase Daniel 6 million per to back up Mitch.

Bring Winston in as competition.