2022-2023 Bulls IGT Megathread

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
One man makes them go from one of the best defensive teams in the league to one of the worst 10?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
One man makes them go from one of the best defensive teams in the league to one of the worst 10?
Everyone on here’s says that can’t be the case when it’s regarding Lonzo, but they quickly use Robert Williams to explain how the bulls have 2 wins against Boston this year lol

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Everyone on here’s says that can’t be the case when it’s regarding Lonzo, but they quickly use Robert Williams to explain how the bulls have 2 wins against Boston this year lol
I mean DPOY was Marcus Smart.. and you think he and his teammates could hold down the fort. Can I see a defense suffer a little form losing one important man? Yes. Completely collapse? Nope.

Same is true for the Bulls... which honestly.. they're not that bad defensively at the moment. Offense is where they've been sucking.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
For every awesome game like this we have 4 stinkers. This team isn’t as bad as their record. Just need to learn how to finish.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Boston seems live and die at the three. Their defense is missing something vs last year.
They do shoot a ton of them. Horford was awful tonight. He doesnt have many games like that. To me, defense comes down to effort. They can defend. They can switch. Big men can hurt them because they have almost no inside presence. They were smoking the 3's against the Pels, but it was also bad 3 point defense from the Pels.

Bulls played well and hit shots when needed at the end. Boston was super sloppy to end the game.

Celtics, Bucks, and Sixers would be my top 3 coming out the East. Both teams can hurt the Celtics with their size.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The kid can play. Just needs to stop deferring to other guys
That's kind of his biggest thing. There's so many times I've been like ' Go to the basket and try to dunk it every damn time' and he passes it. The aggressiveness needs to be consistent, IMO. Seems like he's opening that up more

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
That's kind of his biggest thing. There's so many times I've been like ' Go to the basket and try to dunk it every damn time' and he passes it. The aggressiveness needs to be consistent, IMO. Seems like he's opening that up more
You know what would help with that……blowing it up and trading Vuc/DeMar : )

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Man Grayson Allen just absolutely wrecked LaVine lol….then LaVine predictably forces it on the other end and gets blocked. He too often compounds one bad play into two consecutive bad plays when things don’t go his way.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Man, Coby NEEDED those two 3's.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Back to back wins against the elite of the East in Boston and Milwaukee now. First regular season win @ Milwaukee since 2017

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cant believe its been that long since a win in Milwaukee. We used to own that place.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Not exactly sure why @Raskolnikov is disliking a factual statement now lol

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Bulls played probably their best game that I’ve seen from them since like early last season. There were some hiccups….some careless mistakes and unforced turnovers….Zach still plays like a rookie at times and goes shot hunting. I don’t know what it is, but it seems like I can predict when Zach is going to take a shot, and it usually ends up in a turnover or a horribly forced shot that missed. It’s like he doesn’t realize there’s other ways to positively effect the game. Make the extra pass, keep the ball moving, lock in defensively. Bad things happen when you force the issue but he can’t help himself and it usually ends up hurting the team. Just zero awareness. I digress…

It will be interesting if the team could keep up the effort and dedication on the defensive end. They were actually hustling and playing with pride on that end. The help defense and rotations actually looked like they should from a pro basketball team :gasp: Haven’t seen that in forever.

Also, was it just me or were the Bulls assistant coaches way more involved last night? Coaching on the sidelines during the game, and I’m pretty sure I saw one of the assistants leading the huddle and drawing up plays during a timeout.