2022-23 NBA Season THREAD (2023 Playoffs Talk)

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
That’s fine but Simmons has been regarded as someone who guards 1-5 and has the physical attributes to do so. I’m not saying Zion isn’t a bad matchup for mostly anyone…but Simmons being listed as a PG is a disingenuous excuse on why he struggled. It’s irrelevant. Simmons is bigger than a lot of PFs in the league. Zion is just a beast who’s going to bully even the most physically gifted bigs
It’s disingenuous to mention his height and not his weight as well.

Just because Simmons has guarded bigger guys before doesn’t mean that’s who he should be guarding.

Again, Simmons has zero chance in the paint with a guy that has 55 pounds on him. Not sure if you play basketball or not, but imagine guarding someone that outweighs you by that much in the paint. You’ll struggle, and that’s without it being someone with the freakish athletic ability that Zion has on top of being that much bigger

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Simmons struggling to guard Zion to me says more about Zion than it does about Simmons
Exactly. But everyone likes to pick on Simmons nowadays and I get it, but people need to still be realistic

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
It’s disingenuous to mention his height and not his weight as well.

Just because Simmons has guarded bigger guys before doesn’t mean that’s who he should be guarding.

Again, Simmons has zero chance in the paint with a guy that has 55 pounds on him. Not sure if you play basketball or not, but imagine guarding someone that outweighs you by that much in the paint. You’ll struggle, and that’s without it being someone with the freakish athletic ability that Zion has on top of being that much bigger
That’s all well and fine but it has nothing to do with him being labeled a PG. if you would have said he shouldn’t be expected to guard someone 50 pounds bigger it would be a little more relevant. Like I said, Simmons is bigger than some PFs. Zion is just a tank

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Calling out Simmons’ position is a bit disingenuous. Simmons is 6’10 and regarded as one of the best defenders in the league who can guard 1-5. I didn’t see the game but yeah….if Simmons struggled against Zion it’s because he struggled against him…not because he’s listed as a PG
He cant help himself. Brooklyn put Simmons on Zion as their best defender. Zion went through him like a child

Enasic

Liked Posts:
He cant help himself. Brooklyn put Simmons on Zion as their best defender. Zion went through him like a child
No one was stopping Shaq back in the day either. I think Rodman probably did the best job on him actually…and he was stunningly undersized. Go figure

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
No one was stopping Shaq back in the day either. I think Rodman probably did the best job on him actually…and he was stunningly undersized. Go figure
Oh, the only chance is to collapse the lane and get your hands in there. Problem is Zion comes in the lane different ways and even though you know he is going left he uses his body to get you off of him and his touch is unmatched around the rim. Also, his pogo stick putbacks is a move. He has the quickest second jump I seen since Rodman.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Oh, the only chance is to collapse the lane and get your hands in there. Problem is Zion comes in the lane different ways and even though you know he is going left he uses his body to get you off of him and his touch is unmatched around the rim. Also, his pogo stick putbacks is a move. He has the quickest second jump I seen since Rodman.

I still would be shocked if he has a long healthy career. Hopefully his knees hold up

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
That’s all well and fine but it has nothing to do with him being labeled a PG. if you would have said he shouldn’t be expected to guard someone 50 pounds bigger it would be a little more relevant. Like I said, Simmons is bigger than some PFs. Zion is just a tank
Go smoke a bowl and stop taking everything so seriously. If you look at my original post I even included an “LOL” after I said it.

Typically, I would think one could come to the conclusion that Zion outweighs Simmons by quite a bit. You know, seeing as how Simmons is a PG and all ?But I guess not

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Go smoke a bowl and stop taking everything so seriously. If you look at my original post I even included an “LOL” after I said it.

Typically, I would think one could come to the conclusion that Zion outweighs Simmons by quite a bit. You know, seeing as how Simmons is a PG and all ?But I guess not
Well as long as you included the LOL…

As for smoking a bowl…you’re about 2 bowls too late

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
They really are going to put the Lakers on every prime time slot. As if they didn't learn their lesson from last year.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lakers deserve it for what they did in 1982.
Westbrook goes 0 for 11. Told reporters he played well. Played with energy. lol

Davis already aching back.

Lets goooo!!!

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers