2022-23 NBA Season THREAD (2023 Playoffs Talk)

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Aaaaand down goes Zion

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
E269E7BD-2897-4588-9FC3-5F44104CD6BB.jpeg
42AEC192-0C42-48F4-93AD-9D51DCD20CFE.jpeg

At the Grizz game against Brooklyn a couple nights ago LOL

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So let me get this straight.. Myles Turner isn't helping the Pacers win games, but he thinks the Lakers should trade for him because he thinks he could help them win games?

Last edited by a moderator:

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
So let me get this straight.. Myles Turner isn't helping the Pacers win games, but he thinks the Lakers should trade for him because he thinks he could help them win games?
I mean, it supposedly would only cost the lakers a couple more future 1st rounders to dump Westbrook in Indiana lol

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Woj has gone downhill since being more prominent on ESPN.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Kyrie suspended AT LEAST 5 games without pay.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man, I love Kyrie the player. But, they have to move on. The guy just doesnt get it.

Shaq sai it well. You have this platform preach equality for all not alienate.

I think Kyrie is a smart guy but has that I think I am smarter than I really am type of people. Basketball is probably the last real thing on his mind and with the distractions. Get him out.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I haven’t really kept up with the whole drama. Why did Kyrie get suspended exactly? He’s racist against the Jews or something? Cliff notes por favor

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
First time I think I’ve seen a suspension worded such a way

I’m glad the Nets are doing something about what Kyrie said

The NBA has booted owners out for saying things similar to what Kyrie did, glad to see they aren’t going totally double standard like the NBA does with other human rights issues

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Man, I love Kyrie the player. But, they have to move on. The guy just doesnt get it.

Shaq sai it well. You have this platform preach equality for all not alienate.

I think Kyrie is a smart guy but has that I think I am smarter than I really am type of people. Basketball is probably the last real thing on his mind and with the distractions. Get him out.
Kyrie thinks the earth is flat, he’s not a smart guy on any level

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I haven’t really kept up with the whole drama. Why did Kyrie get suspended exactly? He’s racist against the Jews or something? Cliff notes por favor
Note that this gets into B&I territory, but basically he posted a link to some documentary that is essentially antisemitic. The documentary makes some case that blacks are the real Jews and white Jews are fake Jews and thus part of some massive worldwide conspiracy. It quotes Hitler and other stuff... has some Holocaust denial stuff. Really just ends up down your typical Global Jewish Conspiracy crap that's been raging for over a century.

He deleted the post on Instagram, said he isn't antisemitic or something like that.. but then gave a batshit crazy interview yesterday with the media that basically stated he's not apologetic in any way and believes all that stuff above..doubled down basically... only digging himself a bigger hole... that interview led to the Nets suspending him. Silver, who is Jewish, has summoned him to speak with him as well. So, be interesting to see what Kyrie says there.

Kyrie did issue a weird apology in a statement last night after being suspended. But I mainly read it as a "I'm sorry you're offended" type of thing and not that he's actually sorry.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
First time I think I’ve seen a suspension worded such a way

I’m glad the Nets are doing something about what Kyrie said

The NBA has booted owners out for saying things similar to what Kyrie did, glad to see they aren’t going totally double standard like the NBA does with other human rights issues
By continuing to double down, I just don't see how they don't ban him for life.

Though they could just suspend him for the remainder of the season, and basically blacklist him as he's a free agent after this season.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Note that this gets into B&I territory, but basically he posted a link to some documentary that is essentially antisemitic. The documentary makes some case that blacks are the real Jews and white Jews are fake Jews and thus part of some massive worldwide conspiracy. It quotes Hitler and other stuff... has some Holocaust denial stuff. Really just ends up down your typical Global Jewish Conspiracy crap that's been raging for over a century.

He deleted the post on Instagram, said he isn't antisemitic or something like that.. but then gave a batshit crazy interview yesterday with the media that basically stated he's not apologetic in any way and believes all that stuff above..doubled down basically... only digging himself a bigger hole... that interview led to the Nets suspending him. Silver, who is Jewish, has summoned him to speak with him as well. So, be interesting to see what Kyrie says there.

Kyrie did issue a weird apology in a statement last night after being suspended. But I mainly read it as a "I'm sorry you're offended" type of thing and not that he's actually sorry.

Ah, thanks. Sounds like he was suspended basically because he’s ignorant….not because he’s hateful or discriminatory against a group? I saw some clips of him saying he’s not hateful or discriminatory towards any group of peoples. He apparently just believes some far out there stuff. I actually don’t blame him for not apologizing. He’s clearly not sorry because he believes what he believes in. The phony/pressure apologies are the worst IMO

Either way…are there any Kyrie fans left? Lol…homey sure knows how to turn people against him ?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ah, thanks. Sounds like he was suspended basically because he’s ignorant….not because he’s hateful or discriminatory against a group? I saw some clips of him saying he’s not hateful or discriminatory towards any group of peoples. He apparently just believes some far out there stuff. I actually don’t blame him for not apologizing. He’s clearly not sorry because he believes what he believes in. The phony/pressure apologies are the worst IMO
It's really his comments to the media that led to his suspension (probably adding on top of everything prior to that)..

And no, I don't think he actually hates anyone. He does believe plenty of far out there stuff, but the thing is he posts it, even if he didn't create it, he's sharing it and basically telling everyone "this is what I believe and I'm going to share it with you as a means of influence"...because that's what social media is.

If my job found out I posted a hate documentary online, I'd be fired.

Kyrie doesn't need to be sorry for what he says or believes, but they are consequences to actions. Always have been.

Either way…are there any Kyrie fans left? Lol…homey sure knows how to turn people against him ?
Kanye, probably.