CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Wow…that’s pretty crazy if true. Giannis is not only allowed to absolutely truck people but also literally climb and jump over the backs of the opposition and get the foul called on them. Maybe I’m just out of the loop but I didn’t think anyone got away with such fuckery more than Giannis.
I believe this is from Game 1, maybe Game 2:

The difference between him and Giannis is that I think Green has a very high basketball IQ, and I also think more times than not he knows he's going to get away with it. I don't know if I mentioned it in this thread, but it was brought up by someone that Green probably doesn't worry about getting an early tech in the Finals, because he knows the refs aren't going to throw him out unless they have to go to the monitor. There seemed, to me at least, to be less reviews in these six games* than in any of the other 14 playoff series. I just think Green is officiated differently because the refs don't want the confrontation with him. To be fair, he did foul out in one game (the first one Boston won in San Fran. Without looking it up I don't know if that 1 or 2), so they'll call common stuff on him - but they didn't call any of the three offensive fouls in that clip.

* i hate replay in all sports.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I believe this is from Game 1, maybe Game 2:

The difference between him and Giannis is that I think Green has a very high basketball IQ, and I also think more times than not he knows he's going to get away with it. I don't know if I mentioned it in this thread, but it was brought up by someone that Green probably doesn't worry about getting an early tech in the Finals, because he knows the refs aren't going to throw him out unless they have to go to the monitor. There seemed, to me at least, to be less reviews in these six games* than in any of the other 14 playoff series. I just think Green is officiated differently because the refs don't want the confrontation with him. To be fair, he did foul out in one game (the first one Boston won in San Fran. Without looking it up I don't know if that 1 or 2), so they'll call common stuff on him - but they didn't call any of the three offensive fouls in that clip.

* i hate replay in all sports.
Lol if that’s the most egregious play you can find that is child’s play compared to what Giannis gets away with. Dude literally runs over people. Do you not remember the play where he climbed over pat williams back and pat was called for the foul? If you were ever trying to explain what an over the back foul is to someone who didn’t know basketball, that would literally be the most perfect example. It was so egregious …yet pat somehow was called for the foul. And Billy inexplicably didn’t challenge it lol…

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Lol if that’s the most egregious play you can find that is child’s play compared to what Giannis gets away with. Dude literally runs over people. Do you not remember the play where he climbed over pat williams back and pat was called for the foul? If you were ever trying to explain what an over the back foul is to someone who didn’t know basketball, that would literally be the most perfect example. It was so egregious …yet pat somehow was called for the foul. And Billy inexplicably didn’t challenge it lol…
Just to clarify: explaining the over the back foul would be explaining something that doesn’t exist.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Just to clarify: explaining the over the back foul would be explaining something that doesn’t exist.
You’re getting technical but it’s more of illegal contact as opposed to being “over the back.” None the less, that clearly was not a foul on Williams as he had perfect box out position. Any ordinary player (especially not one with 5 fouls like Giannnis at the time) would have been called for a loose ball foul there.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Warriors are set up for the next 5 years easily. Curry may get 6 rings before its done.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Warriors are set up for the next 5 years easily. Curry may get 6 rings before its done.
Next 5 years?! You do know curry is already 34 years old, yeah?!

I wouldn’t be shocked if this is actually his last ring

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Older team with a lot of miles on Curry, Green, and Thompson.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
If Chris Paul can still be effective at 57, I’m sure Curry can still ball out for a good 3-5 more years. It’s not like he relies on athleticism at all. He just needs an inch of space and he’ll torch you

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

You havent seen Kuminga play or Wiseman still huge potential. Moses Moody length and shooting ability is another assett.

Take into account Curry and Klay arent losing their shooting touch anytime soon. The Warriors are built for now and the future.

Kuminga would have been in contention for rookie of the year if he didnt play for a top team.

Also, Wiggins and Poole. Wiggins played incredible D and was the second best player on GS this playoffs.

They arent going anywhere

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You havent seen Kuminga play or Wiseman still huge potential. Moses Moody length and shooting ability is another assett.

Take into account Curry and Klay arent losing their shooting touch anytime soon. The Warriors are built for now and the future.

Kuminga would have been in contention for rookie of the year if he didnt play for a top team.

Also, Wiggins and Poole. Wiggins played incredible D and was the second best player on GS this playoffs.

They arent going anywhere
I Didn’t say they would suck in the next 5 years, all I said was that I wouldn’t be shocked if this is curry’s last ring, since you said curry may get to 6 rings by the time he’s done

yes, the shooting stays with steph and klay, but let’s be real…klay wasn’t the same klay. And draymond and steph are showing some signs of aging. Curry does get a lot of his buckets off step backs, side steps, and off the dribble…what happens when he loses half a step? no, he won’t suck, but he won’t be the same dominant force he’s been to this point.

and yes, I’ve seen kuminga and wiseman play(I live in Memphis and was a huge wiseman fan when he came out of college). That said, wiseman has been in the league two years now, and has barely played due to injuries, and quite frankly his basketball IQ isn’t anywhere near GSW level basketball.

wiggins will have a decision to take an extension or go elsewhere in a year. And Poole likely goes elsewhere when his contract is up(RFA in 2023). GS might be able to extend 1, but they can’t afford both when they already have the contracts of curry, Thompson, and green on the books

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I Didn’t say they would suck in the next 5 years, all I said was that I wouldn’t be shocked if this is curry’s last ring, since you said curry may get to 6 rings by the time he’s done

yes, the shooting stays with steph and klay, but let’s be real…klay wasn’t the same klay. And draymond and steph are showing some signs of aging. Curry does get a lot of his buckets off step backs, side steps, and off the dribble…what happens when he loses half a step? no, he won’t suck, but he won’t be the same dominant force he’s been to this point.

and yes, I’ve seen kuminga and wiseman play(I live in Memphis and was a huge wiseman fan when he came out of college). That said, wiseman has been in the league two years now, and has barely played due to injuries, and quite frankly his basketball IQ isn’t anywhere near GSW level basketball.

wiggins will have a decision to take an extension or go elsewhere in a year. And Poole likely goes elsewhere when his contract is up(RFA in 2023). GS might be able to extend 1, but they can’t afford both when they already have the contracts of curry, Thompson, and green on the books
The West is a gauntlet with a lot of up and coming teams so not winning another is def possible but I think there will be that window.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Y'all underestimating the willingness of the GSW franchise to plunge deep into the luxury tax to put a contender on the floor. The owners don't seem to GAF and will pay whatever it takes so long as they have a chance to win. I wouldn't be surprised if they just shelled out to keep Wiggins and Poole. They're already paying the highest luxury tax in the league by a HUGE margin and as long as they think they can win I think they're more than willing to keep paying that absurd bill.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Y'all underestimating the willingness of the GSW franchise to plunge deep into the luxury tax to put a contender on the floor. The owners don't seem to GAF and will pay whatever it takes so long as they have a chance to win. I wouldn't be surprised if they just shelled out to keep Wiggins and Poole. They're already paying the highest luxury tax in the league by a HUGE margin and as long as they think they can win I think they're more than willing to keep paying that absurd bill.
We shall see, every ownership has its cut off point. Even the Yankees in baseball had their breaking points salary wise in the past.

and even if they are able to keep EVERYONE, this playoffs showed they aren’t some invincible juggernaut. Both Boston and Memphis played them tough. And those two teams aren’t going anywhere along with some others.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Maybe he was using hyper bowl

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When you look at Klay's overall post-season numbers, he was actually on par for how he performed in the playoffs for most of his career.

This last game tanked his shooting percentages a bit. I had looked this before yesterday's game, and his FG% was around 44% and his 3pt% was north of 39%.

But for everything else, he either performed exactly the same (or even slightly better) from a statistical standpoint.

1655499651406.png

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
A lot of it depends on the development of the younger guys, how the rest of the west develops, and health of obviously Curry/Thompson/Green.

Curry isn't getting any younger, and it questionable how much longer his superstardom actually lasts. Same goes for someone like Draymond who will likely see a decline coming. They can be like a 2012-2014 Spurs team that competed without any superstars, but had a bunch of aging stars and solid young players.

The Grizzlies are the next up and coming team in the West, of course they have money issues they'll have to address, while a team like the Warriors, as Clonetrooper points out, has zero problem shelling out money and max contracts for their own players. It will also be interesting to see if the Mavericks are able to acquire anyone to be second fiddle to Luka, and if Denver can ever stay healthy enough to compete in the playoffs.

There's also the question on if Zion stays healthy of what becomes of your team, the Pelicans. They can become a force quickly in the West and challenge the Warriors.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if the Warriors run it back again next season and win. But more will have to go right for them than this season.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
A lot of it depends on the development of the younger guys, how the rest of the west develops, and health of obviously Curry/Thompson/Green.

Curry isn't getting any younger, and it questionable how much longer his superstardom actually lasts. Same goes for someone like Draymond who will likely see a decline coming. They can be like a 2012-2014 Spurs team that competed without any superstars, but had a bunch of aging stars and solid young players.

The Grizzlies are the next up and coming team in the West, of course they have money issues they'll have to address, while a team like the Warriors, as Clonetrooper points out, has zero problem shelling out money and max contracts for their own players. It will also be interesting to see if the Mavericks are able to acquire anyone to be second fiddle to Luka, and if Denver can ever stay healthy enough to compete in the playoffs.

There's also the question on if Zion stays healthy of what becomes of your team, the Pelicans. They can become a force quickly in the West and challenge the Warriors.

Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if the Warriors run it back again next season and win. But more will have to go right for them than this season.
What money issues do the Grizz need to address??

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Is their owner a fan of paying large luxury tax bills?
No owner is. Does t mean he won’t do it

grizz are in a great financial spot currently

subtract a year from everyone’s contract, as this was for this season that just ended…

5666D8F1-4EB9-4219-A1E9-6EC51683A654.png

in particular note Jackson’s amazing team contract, expiring contracts of Adam’s and brooks. Ja will get his max extension, and that’ll be the only big $$ contract on their books. They can even resign Jones if they want with their financial flexibility