2022 NHL Draft

Granada

Liked Posts:
Good stockpiling draft. What was needed for a total rebuild
Can't argue there.

Six centers picked. This is nice, everyone always preaches D -- which is important too -- but center depth is equally important. They just picked Riku Tohila, 6'5" 190 center from Finland.

177Kevin KorchinskiDCAN6' 2"185WHLSEATTLE
11313Frank NazarCUSA5' 10"180NTDPUSA U-18
12525Sam RinzelDUSA6' 4"180HIGH-MNCHASKA
2739Paul LudwinskiCCAN5' 11"184OHLKINGSTON
22557Ryan GreeneCCAN6' 1"179USHLGREEN BAY
3166Gavin HayesLUSA6' 2"177OHLFLINT
31681Samuel SavoieLCAN5' 10"189QMJHLGATINEAU
32590Aidan ThompsonCUSA5' 10"180USHLLINCOLN
612173Dominic JamesCUSA5' 9"148NCHCMINNESOTA-DULUTH
627188Nils JuntorpRSWE6' 0"170SWEDEN-JR.HV 71 JR.
76199Riku TohilaCFIN6' 5"190FINLAND-JR.JYP JR

Last edited by a moderator:

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which of our draft picks has the hottest mom?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That depends, The Canadians are in rebuilding mode as well, he will be a third line Centermen with the capabilities to be a second. He was still a third overall pick with size, if he scores 20 for the Habs, I don’t see it as being a fleece.
Dach couldn’t score 20 goals if the goalies agreed not to even move when he had the puck all season.

damondog

Liked Posts:
quote from a montreal writer said sammie savoie was a Shaw like agitator with speed! and that he was one of this draft's got to have him players...
so I think we should follow his development might be more impactful sooner rather than any of our earlier picks.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Seems like KD is focused on a certain type after the first round with the exception being the final pick.

He hit his shots in the first, then focused on third and fourth line depth with the rest of the draft, which is good considering this draft was deep with bottom line players.

The 6’5 kid is actually 6’8. Good lord moving him if he actually puts on weight.

Savoie is Lafferty. There’s elite speed but zero hands with that kid.

Granada

Liked Posts:
quote from a montreal writer said sammie savoie was a Shaw like agitator with speed! and that he was one of this draft's got to have him players...
so I think we should follow his development might be more impactful sooner rather than any of our earlier picks.
I heard some analyst already claim he'll be a fan favorite simply because he hits everything in sight.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dach couldn’t score 20 goals if the goalies agreed not to even move when he had the puck all season.
Can't argue with that. Maybe Dach is salvagable with a change of scenery, but getting at 13th pick for him? You gotta make that move in a rebuild.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Can't argue with that. Maybe Dach is salvagable with a change of scenery, but getting at 13th pick for him? You gotta make that move in a rebuild.
Honestly, I think Dachs ceiling is Adam Creighton with the exception Dach has god given talent he forgets he actually has.

There were a couple “woah” moments with Dach. One time he looked like Lemieux with a deke and that reach. It was moments like that where I assumed this kid was gonna be a star. The second teams started bullying him he became just a guy. Tampa specifically put him in a corner a couple games.

And Colonton didn’t do him any favors. For all the shit spewed about that moron being some great developer of young skilled players it sure as shit wasn’t true. Cat ripping the erase board out his hand is his legacy.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
And one thing about Nazar-

Watch tape of him, then watch tape of Marner. Of course he’s not as good, but theirs similarities on top of Nazar being a lot faster.

Good lord, please let the Hawks get Bedard. I want to see Nazar and Bedard together just once blow past an entire team……

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And one thing about Nazar-

Watch tape of him, then watch tape of Marner. Of course he’s not as good, but theirs similarities on top of Nazar being a lot faster.

Good lord, please let the Hawks get Bedard. I want to see Nazar and Bedard together just once blow past an entire team……
Like Toews v Avs. :)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, I think Dachs ceiling is Adam Creighton with the exception Dach has god given talent he forgets he actually has.

There were a couple “woah” moments with Dach. One time he looked like Lemieux with a deke and that reach. It was moments like that where I assumed this kid was gonna be a star. The second teams started bullying him he became just a guy. Tampa specifically put him in a corner a couple games.

And Colonton didn’t do him any favors. For all the shit spewed about that moron being some great developer of young skilled players it sure as shit wasn’t true. Cat ripping the erase board out his hand is his legacy.
I think he was bigger and tougher than his physical body development. He strikes me as a guy who will battle injuries but put up some dominant seasons in his prime as a defensive center who can’t win face offs.