2022 NHL Draft

Granada

Liked Posts:
Tonight's the night, 6 pm on ESPN.

Currently, Hawks have no 1st Round picks, but it's quite possible they trade for one during the draft. Earliest they pick (at least right now) is in the 2nd Round (38th, 57th), which is televised tomorrow on NHL Network.

This team needs so much at every position, they just need to stick with the best possible player and not get cute.

Lot of uncertainty with Russian players as Putin is threatening to bar even established players like Ovechkin, Panarin, Systerkin, Kucherov, etc. from returning to the NHL. Will be interesting to see if many fall or are not picked at all.

Does Wright go number one? I'm saying yes, but there are rumblings now that he may not from certain analysts.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
That Russian angle is interesting. We have 5 picks in rounds 2-3 I have a feeling we see a trade.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Wright is going first.

The Hawks want the two Russians Yurov and Miro.(-longer name)

Miro should be there at 38. Yurov is flying up and could go top ten.

This is a damn good draft and the hawks have a lot of high picks.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
That Russian angle is interesting. We have 5 picks in rounds 2-3 I have a feeling we see a trade.
DeBrincat? Nah.

It’s obvious KD wants into the first round tho

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
DeBrincat? Nah.

If he gets traded I’m not seeing it until trade deadline. I really don’t think they move him and use him as a building piece. I meant more we have so many picks maybe try to sneak into the first if they really have that one guy they want

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
DeBrincat? Nah.

I don't know how else he'd get into the first without trading him. He's going to have to get awfully creative.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I don't know how else he'd get into the first without trading him. He's going to have to get awfully creative.
Exactly. That's the only way he would be able to in my view.

If the reports are accurate, Davidson already declined an offer that involved two first round picks only; and demanded Philly's 5th overall, which led Philly to walk. So it sounds like it has to be at least a top 4 overall pick; maybe a top 10 and an additional first, at least. If he doesn't get that, Davidson will stand pat until the deadline. I have no problem with that.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I dunno if he'd waive of if the Org wants a trade but I imagine Kane would also fetch a 1st with some $$$ retained.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
If he gets traded I’m not seeing it until trade deadline. I really don’t think they move him and use him as a building piece. I meant more we have so many picks maybe try to sneak into the first if they really have that one guy they want
Murphy and Dach can both fetch a late first

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Exactly. That's the only way he would be able to in my view.

If the reports are accurate, Davidson already declined an offer that involved two first round picks only; and demanded Philly's 5th overall, which led Philly to walk. So it sounds like it has to be at least a top 4 overall pick; maybe a top 10 and an additional first, at least. If he doesn't get that, Davidson will stand pat until the deadline. I have no problem with that.
The thing with wanting a top 5 pick is aren’t those teams in the same boat as we are? Maybe not as messy of a situation cause they really let the bowman problem linger. He wasn’t even fired for the mess he created which is concerning enough lol. Either way they shouldn’t just sell him to sell him. Need game changing picks that some teams aren’t willing to part with.

Granada

Liked Posts:
The thing with wanting a top 5 pick is aren’t those teams in the same boat as we are? Maybe not as messy of a situation cause they really let the bowman problem linger. He wasn’t even fired for the mess he created which is concerning enough lol. Either way they shouldn’t just sell him to sell him. Need game changing picks that some teams aren’t willing to part with.
Yes they definitely are. I can't see any of those teams relinquishing their picks for the Cat, but I like that Davidson is stingy. Acquiring a top 3 pick via trade is always next to impossible. 5-10 -- that's more realistic. There are zero reports that the Kraken have even inquired about Debrincat, so that's a longshot as well, like you said.

That's seriously the scariest thing about Bowman, the fact that he'd still probably be here if the Beach scandal never happened. That is so fucking frightening to ponder.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Gotta disagree there on both accounts.
Nah. Murphy is in his prime on a good deal. I can see a team giving a first unless his brain is completely scrambled.

Dach? Considering his cap hit and teams up against the cap who could use a young forward sure.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Nah. Murphy is in his prime on a good deal. I can see a team giving a first unless his brain is completely scrambled.

Dach? Considering his cap hit and teams up against the cap who could use a young forward sure.
I don't know, I mean is Murphy really that coveted that a team would relinquish a 1st rounder (even a late one)? Especially considering his injury history? I can see him commanding a 2nd, especially at the deadline. If a team gives up a first for him, I'd consider that a steal.

Dach probably has a better shot at fetching a late first. I suppose anything is possible.