2022 NHL Draft

Granada

Liked Posts:
a player I looked up and was intrigued with when we traded dach based on @KBIB was Danila yurov. @Granada you think teams are passing on Russians?
Yeah I definitely think a lot of teams are weary about drafting Russians. There have been reports that certain teams (unnamed) already reached out to their players that are in Russia for the off-season and told them to return to America now. If teams are doing that, hard to imagine they wouldn't be weary with drafting them.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I must admit I'm not super enthused with either of these picks. I liked what Davidson's done up to this point, but I worry about these moves. Maybe they work out, I hope so.
as a fan of the team I only can be optimistic, being a realist Davidson is going to get run over like a freight train in every media outlet across NorthAmerica, this draft has been a failure, and there was plenty of opportunity for him to choose a different outcome.

Granada

Liked Posts:
as a fan of the team I only can be optimistic, being a realist Davidson is going to get run over like a freight train in every media outlet across NorthAmerica, this draft has been a failure, and there was plenty of opportunity for him to choose a different outcome.
Yeah, John Buccigross on ESPN blasted him already during their draft coverage.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
No I didn't. Well that's encouraging at least.
He's still really young. Maybe hes still growing but he has elite speed it seems and definitely wasn't built like a twig but we'll see he's going into freshman year of college

Granada

Liked Posts:
But do the Hawks use the 7 on Yurov?

Hopefully one of the two defenseman fall
What's your verdict on Korchinski? It looks Yurov is still available even at 18, along with a couple other top Russians. I'm not blaming the other teams when I say this, but I guess the Ducks are one team that wasn't afraid to draft a Russian.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I like the Caps pick

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hawks traded with Leafs took a big d-man at 25

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
LOL at all the cunting in this thread, it's not like we selected Bovquist (I hope) nor selected Dach over Byrum.

Embrace the suck, it is 100% necessary.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Come on man, let’s be real here, another small player who can get knocked around, Hawks could have had Geeekie at 7 and Korchinsky at 13, same old shit, you would think Blowman is still here.
DeBrincat sized

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Geez, get a tampon

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Come on man, let’s be real here, another small player who can get knocked around, Hawks could have had Geeekie at 7 and Korchinsky at 13, same old shit, you would think Blowman is still here.
Savoie at 7 and Korchinksi at 13.

I like what they did with the speed and skating because we pay a steep price for letting teams get too comfortable.

I think we will see that trend play out for a few years and re-emerge with size and speed.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
What's your verdict on Korchinski? It looks Yurov is still available even at 18, along with a couple other top Russians. I'm not blaming the other teams when I say this, but I guess the Ducks are one team that wasn't afraid to draft a Russian.
First off, everyone needs to understand the Hawks are going scorched earth. This was needed and Kyle took advantage of what everyone was saying was a weak draft. It wasn’t and isn’t.

Korchinski is a good pick. I don’t know if I take him at seven but it’s not some huge reach like a lot are saying. The kid is instant offense, but is a train wreck in his own zone. He would fit in perfectly with the team the hawks have. He needs to be developed properly because he is an elite skater.

One thing about all three is that they are high end skaters.

Nazar is a fantastic pick. Again, he needs time to develop, but he already is an upgrade over Dach offensively.

Rinzel is the question mark. He has all the tools to be a top pairing guy but needs time to develop. His skating might be the best of the three. Let’s see if he has the tool box.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now let’s get an unprotected 2023 first and more 2022 picks for Kane.

His agent should have called by midway through first round and finally given up the goose.

Glad we got our big blue liner to calm everyone about Jones 2.0.

These guys are going bye bye for a few years, but the despair about the future took a big hit today.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Savoie at 7 and Korchinksi at 13.

I like what they did with the speed and skating because we pay a steep price for letting teams get too comfortable.

I think we will see that trend play out for a few years and re-emerge with size and speed.
Everyone keeps saying it was a reach should of waited until 13 but idt he would have been there at 13

Bottom line these guys were drafted to be developed and not thrown to the wolves. We won’t be seeing them for 3 years

Granada

Liked Posts:
First off, everyone needs to understand the Hawks are going scorched earth. This was needed and Kyle took advantage of what everyone was saying was a weak draft. It wasn’t and isn’t.

Korchinski is a good pick. I don’t know if I take him at seven but it’s not some huge reach like a lot are saying. The kid is instant offense, but is a train wreck in his own zone. He would fit in perfectly with the team the hawks have. He needs to be developed properly because he is an elite skater.

One thing about all three is that they are high end skaters.

Nazar is a fantastic pick. Again, he needs time to develop, but he already is an upgrade over Dach offensively.

Rinzel is the question mark. He has all the tools to be a top pairing guy but needs time to develop. His skating might be the best of the three. Let’s see if he has the tool box.
I get the scorched earth thing -- I'm on board with that. I just feel like there were better options available compared with what the Hawks got. Picking Korchinski instead of Geekie felt Bowman-esque in terms of, passing on the better player for somewhat of a more left-field pick. Same with Rinzel. I probably like the Nazar pick the best. Even the ESPN analysts were quite confused by the Rinzel pick.

People love to shit on Dach and I get it, but the Korchinski pick would have made more sense if you were retaining the former. Nazar needs time to develop -- right, but how much time is warranted? Dach played 152 total games for the Hawks, which isn't even two full seasons.

I just feel like Davidson is saying one thing and doing another, which again, very Bowman-esque. "We want to get bigger" -- okay, lets trade our biggest youngest player in Dach. "We want to give these players time to develop" -- okay, let's trade our youngest and best center prospect as quickly as we traded all our other prospects. "We want to be a tough team to play against defensively" -- okay, let's draft an offensive D-man who is a disaster in his own zone currently with our highest pick in the draft.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
DeBrincat sized
Yes, and how many players in the league actually make it at Debricat size, very few, and to boot, he is a centermen, the Cat was a winger, big difference. Get with the game.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Dach was traded cause they got back a solid return. He wasn’t given away for free. Actually the Dach trade was kind of a fleece while the cat trade was a little underwhelming

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Geez, get a tampon
Well if you actually knew anything about these players, you would have a different opinion. Maybe if you did a little research on Geekie you would have a different outlook. The team didt need to rush Korchinky at 7, he would of been there at 13, But hey I guess the national concensus on this is the guy who posts on the Hawks boards once every 3 months knows best.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Dach was traded cause they got back a solid return. He wasn’t given away for free. Actually the Dach trade was kind of a fleece while the cat trade was a little underwhelming
That depends, The Canadians are in rebuilding mode as well, he will be a third line Centermen with the capabilities to be a second. He was still a third overall pick with size, if he scores 20 for the Habs, I don’t see it as being a fleece.