2024 NBA Offseason Thread [Non-Bulls NBA Talks]

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
ngl, never heard of these injuries before. granted, im no doctor or anything.
Neither have I. When I first heard about it during the Finals just the name of it sounded like something that should be a career ender.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not sure what Denver is going to possibly be able to do to stay competitive (or least be a legit option to win it all). With KCP opting out and possibly leaving to go elsewhere for more money, and them trading Jackson to the Hornets.... they have no fuckin depth at all. That also don't have the money to sign anyone worth a shit. Their biggest problem this offseason was a crappy bench. They better hope someone from their bench emerges.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure what Denver is going to possibly be able to do to stay competitive (or least be a legit option to win it all). With KCP opting out and possibly leaving to go elsewhere for more money, and them trading Jackson to the Hornets.... they have no fuckin depth at all. That also don't have the money to sign anyone worth a shit. Their biggest problem this offseason was a crappy bench. They better hope someone from their bench emerges.
They're gonna need to rely on young development/vet minimums.

Murray is about to take a much bigger piece of the pie too.

Also seems pretty clear Denver doesn't want to be a tax team.

Reactions: BNB

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
They're gonna need to rely on young development/vet minimums.

Murray is about to take a much bigger piece of the pie too.

Also seems pretty clear Denver doesn't want to be a tax team.
thatll be their best route to try and fill out a decent bench.

not a ton of depth, but man do they have a hell of a core with Jokic, Murray, gordon, and Porter

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
thatll be their best route to try and fill out a decent bench.

not a ton of depth, but man do they have a hell of a core with Jokic, Murray, gordon, and Porter
The only saving grace for Denver is Murray is a cheaper 2nd "star" because he's never won any awards so he doesn't qualify for a super-max.

What Denver really needs is someone who wants to come there like vets have gone to play with LeBron on the minimum.

With all the moves in the 2nd round I couldn't keep track of much.. how many rookies did Denver actually end up with? I only see the 22nd pick.. so that may be it.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Dallas has traded Tim Hardaway Jr. and three second-round picks to Detroit for Quentin Grimes

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Dallas has traded Tim Hardaway Jr. and three second-round picks to Detroit for Quentin Grimes
THJr is waking up rather dejected this morning, i imagine!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Pairing Murray with Young was such a stupid decision

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
THJr is waking up rather dejected this morning, i imagine!
Dallas basically removed him from their postseason lineup after being their top reserve all season.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Warriors nearly pulled off a trade for Paul George yesterday, but things fell through. Paul is now a free agent and unlikely to end up in GS.

I guess that was Golden State's last attempt at trying to become relevant again.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Warriors nearly pulled off a trade for Paul George yesterday, but things fell through. Paul is now a free agent and unlikely to end up in GS.

I guess that was Golden State's last attempt at trying to become relevant again.
PG13 needs to go to Philly. Its a perfect match. Kawhi has no intentions of every playing a full load. Embiid gets hurt, but dominate and Maxey is going to get resigned

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
PG13 needs to go to Philly. Its a perfect match. Kawhi has no intentions of every playing a full load. Embiid gets hurt, but dominate and Maxey is going to get resigned

The question for Philly is... who else rounds out the roster? As it stands right now, they only have 3 players under contract. If they sign PG and Maxey (which is obviously going to happen), they're pretty much at the cap. They should still have their MLE at that point to sign another solid player, but then the rest of the roster is going to basically be vet min. guys. With Embiid and PG's shaky injury history, they could be in big trouble if one of them goes down.

But as far as fit... I agree. PG next to Maxey and Embiid is nice if they stay healthy.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The question for Philly is... who else rounds out the roster? As it stands right now, they only have 3 players under contract. If they sign PG and Maxey (which is obviously going to happen), they're pretty much at the cap. They should still have their MLE at that point to sign another solid player, but then the rest of the roster is going to basically be vet min. guys. With Embiid and PG's shaky injury history, they could be in big trouble if one of them goes down.

But as far as fit... I agree. PG next to Maxey and Embiid is nice if they stay healthy.
They have to get creative, but its the risk they need to take. Embiid isnt getting younger. They need to go all in now or blow it up and trade Embiid. That wont happen.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
KCP to Orlando on a 3-yr deal, 66 million.

We lose Andre Drummond to the sixers, 2yr/10 million.

Harden staying with the LAC. 2yr/70 million.

Last edited:

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Paul George to Sixers